PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Touch Pro 2 - Release Date -

Verizon doesn't change their HTC phones until December...Been that month for as long as I can remember...

Comes out in Dec and always for corporate accounts firsts. Never gets to the actual stores until Late Feb or March!

By then who knows if the TP2 will be the phone to have?
They could come out with the Leo!...Around the year 2020! LOL
Old 07-30-2009, 03:36 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

It's T-mobile that's getting the TP2, August 12th - confirmed.

I'm not surprised the other carriers are gun shy when it comes to getting another major HTC device with all the problems the TP has had (I'm on my 6th, which currently has a dead keyboard but no Sprint stores around here have them any more, it seems like they're instructing employees to sell people who come in with problems on other phones).

I've been pitched every other device in the store, blackberries, palm pre, treo pro - anything that could compare to what I have. I have just declined so far and kept my TP telling them I'm waiting on the Touch Pro 2. Really, I'll take a nice Android device about now too...
Old 07-30-2009, 06:56 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
Now why do you think that is? Could it possibly be because Verizon made a completely retarded decision to cripple the hardware on their Touch Pro and that those who brought over Touch Pros from other carriers would have happily bought VZW's version if they didn't have to pay more for an inferior device? Might want to pass that along to your friend. Either that or maybe they should LET THE CUSTOMER DECIDE what phone they want to use. As long as it is CDMA and meets e911 requirements, it shouldn't be an issue. You can charge the same price but you don't have to offer support or subsidize a handset. Seems like a win for everyone to me.

Typical VZW logic. Screw up, refuse to accept responsibility for it, then compound your mistake by not releasing a great device. when the fix is RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR NOSE.

/rant - not an attack on you boredandtattooed, simply get sick of the "logic" of corporations like this sometimes. Their continual effort to increase shareholder profit causes them to lose sight of the fact that ultimately they exist at the pleasure of the customer. Provide a quality product at a price reflective of its value and you will have no trouble getting business. Like they say, penny wise and pound foolish.
not a problem man, didnt even think for a sec that u really meant it all at me.. and TRUST me, me and her battled it out when i told her about how the crippled the TP and thats why everyone was bringing sprint phones over.. she didnt like that.. but hey, "the proof is in the pudding" i told her.. look up the specs, vzw def jankied their own device... lol
Old 08-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

pocketnow.com/tech-news/verizon-touch-pro-price-drop-signifies-touch-pro2-launching-soon

Hmmmmm..... *can't sit still...*
Old 08-03-2009, 12:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

techguru is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
pocketnow.com/tech-news/verizon-touch-pro-price-drop-signifies-touch-pro2-launching-soon

Hmmmmm..... *can't sit still...*
Of course, 3 weeks after drop 3 bills on one, they drop the price 66%.....

Alan
Old 08-03-2009, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work

HTC devices typically launch in November (i.e. XV6800 and TP1), not December. Verizon CSR's are likely to know slightly more than corp sales reps, simply because the CSR's typically receive walk-throughs of new devices prior to launch, especially if the OP was on the phone with data device support as opposed to the lower level folks.

While I've always thought the TP2 wouldn't come out until November (part of me still isn't getting my hopes up for anything sooner), late September is completely feasible given the following:

1. Those that held onto their XV6800, are eligible for NE2 at 20 months (September), and Verizon will probably want to catch those people prior to contract expiration.
2. Apparently the TP2 is already showing in VZW inventory system.
3. TP1 price drop, and scattered availability in-store.
4. GCF certified the Ozone 109 prior to launch, and the Verizon TP2 was certified 4/30/09.
5. Verizon Rhodium ROM is supposedly in shipped status.
6. Touch Pro2 is already showing in Cellebrite.
7. It was reported that demo units were shipped to certain corp customers last week, which happened with the XV6800 about 45 days prior to launch.

Again, not getting my hopes up, but it's not completely impossible.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Threadstarter

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeegan View Post
HTC devices typically launch in November (i.e. XV6800 and TP1), not December. Verizon CSR's are likely to know slightly more than corp sales reps, simply because the CSR's typically receive walk-throughs of new devices prior to launch, especially if the OP was on the phone with data device support as opposed to the lower level folks.

While I've always thought the TP2 wouldn't come out until November (part of me still isn't getting my hopes up for anything sooner), late September is completely feasible given the following:

1. Those that held onto their XV6800, are eligible for NE2 at 20 months (September), and Verizon will probably want to catch those people prior to contract expiration.
2. Apparently the TP2 is already showing in VZW inventory system.
3. TP1 price drop, and scattered availability in-store.
4. GCF certified the Ozone 109 prior to launch, and the Verizon TP2 was certified 4/30/09.
5. Verizon Rhodium ROM is supposedly in shipped status.
6. Touch Pro2 is already showing in Cellebrite.
7. It was reported that demo units were shipped to certain corp customers last week, which happened with the XV6800 about 45 days prior to launch.

Again, not getting my hopes up, but it's not completely impossible.
for sure. The lady that i talked to had me wait while she pulled up in their system of upcoming devices. she hadn't even seen a pic of it prior to pulling up that info.

...i shoulda seen if she wouldve emailed me some of it... dang...
Old 08-04-2009, 04:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

regarding the android...I saw an interview with the CEO of Verizon where he mentioned they were working on a deal with google (regarding their phone and other things!) It was mentioned in relation to a question about the iPhone!

So I suspect we will see and android on verizon before the year is out.

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/10403

Last edited by Asphyx; 08-04-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
regarding the android...I saw an interview with the CEO of Verizon where he mentioned they were working on a deal with google (regarding their phone and other things!) It was mentioned in relation to a question about the iPhone!

So I suspect we will see and android on verizon before the year is out.

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/10403
I actually think it's rumored to be here by October at the latest. In fact, a couple VZW "employee" posters said it should be released by the end of September. The Sholes pics we've seen recently are just plain ugly. Even if it does look better upon release, I'll still probably hold out for the TP2.

I actually had the TP2 in my dream last night, and I really hate when that starts happening. My XV6800 still works great, but I'm ready for something new.

Last edited by ckeegan; 08-04-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I seem to recall reading something on here a while back about the VZW TP..how basically HTC sold them the TP with original specs but then went back and beefed it up before offering it to Sprint and AT&T. By then, Verizon was so heavily pushing the BB Storm that they wouldn't brand the updated TP and stuck with the lower specs. Not sure how true it is but it almost makes sense, in the fact that its a completely boneheaded move and Verizon did it.

Oh and to the guy blaming Verizon for potentially not stepping up to the plate with the HTC phone problems..those are not Verizon's fault. The TP seems to have major issues on all carriers. Lets say they didn't get the TP2, would you blame them? It's looking like they will but I'm just saying that given a lot of peoples track records (3-8 phones in a year or less) it would make sense. Any time I end up at a Sprint store they try to talk people out of buying it because they know that most of the customers are going to become problematic the second things don't work out perfectly. Its a high maintenance phone and its not fit to sell in a market where everyone wants things just..easy and fast.

Maybe the TP2 will be better but I could see the TP scaring off carriers.

Last edited by entwined82; 08-04-2009 at 11:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2