PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Appz You Know you'll install (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82492)

dabackwoodboy 09-03-2009 10:31 PM

Appz You Know you'll install

ok guys ive been away from windows mobile for a couple months so im not really current with software so i thought why not see what other know theyll have on their new tp2 so let the list begin.

BRIVERS73 09-03-2009 10:37 PM

Re: Appz You Know you'll install

Resco File Explorer
SKTools
Sprite Backup
Phone Alarm for starters

banjoeball 09-03-2009 10:42 PM

Resco Explorer
G-Alarm
Kinoma Play
Mobipocket Reader
Showcase Task Manager
Spb Backup

BenC 09-03-2009 10:43 PM

MemMaid
Quick Menu
Sprite Backup
Sprite Terminator
Documents to Go
HanDBase
StyleTap
FlexMail
Extreme Agenda
Birthdays
Facebook
ERG 2008 Mobile
Basic GPS
GPS Location
Google Maps
GPS Weather RAdar
PDANet
pTunes
Kinoma Player
MyMobiler
pTravel Alarm
Weather Watcher
eReader

Most of what is on the current device will be installed on the TP2 and I'll just pay for the extra licenses.

JZ* 09-03-2009 11:26 PM

I assume that a Sprite restore of my original TP will still work, so that is what I will do, at least at first...Not sure if i will still use Mobile Shell 3 right away...want to see if TF is better than before first

Yibrushn 09-04-2009 12:00 AM

How did you get quick menu working with tf3d? I keep getting odd conflicts :-\

Lee K 09-04-2009 02:42 AM

I'm doing a hard reset, then installing SPB Mobile Shell 3 right away. Not even going to try Touch Flow. Ok I'll try it quick, but literally for like 3 minutes.

BenC 09-07-2009 09:18 PM

I dislike Touch Flo and it was the first alteration made when I started playing with it.

Also, pTunes does not like the resolution, I'll have to play with it further. Kinoma works fine. HanDBase errors out using the software keyboard. I did get rid of the SMS delivery notification prompt and got rid of Opera in the applications running list. MemMaid works fine as do most of the other applications, including Sprite Backup and Terminator.

Gulanowski 09-07-2009 09:28 PM

Adobe Reader 2.0
Agile Messenger
GPS Viewer (unless there's something better)
Google Maps
Opera Mobile
Opera Mini
PHM RegEdit
Skyfire
TCPMP
TV Guide
Youtube Play
WMWifirouter
Weatherbug

O'Neil Mitchell 09-07-2009 11:44 PM

Enhanced D3D Driver
BG for All Pages
TouchPal
CorePlayer
Spb Backup
Spb Radio
PoinyUI
Point Sense
Google Maps
HTC G-Sensor List
Net CF 3.5
MagiCall

i360 09-07-2009 11:57 PM

SPB Mobile Shell 3!
Google Maps
Bing (MS)
Spore (Game)
Need For Speed (Game)
And misc other things....

Meanee 09-08-2009 07:15 AM

I want to try SPB Mobile Shell on it again, but I remember the trial was horribly slow on TP. Anyone got it running, where it's actually fast?

JZ* 09-08-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meanee (Post 1147826)
I want to try SPB Mobile Shell on it again, but I remember the trial was horribly slow on TP. Anyone got it running, where it's actually fast?

MS3 Work great (very fast)...it does have a couple of "known" issues though...using the dialer, the bottom row of stuff (email, sms etc) doesn't work...neither does the contact tab, within the dialer screen...not sure why, but searching around, it looks like SBP has known about it for awhile now...hopefully a fix soon?

Anyway...only shortcomings I can find, and not a show stopper by any means...I like it better than TF...but thats just me :mrgreen:

Speed_419 09-08-2009 11:23 AM

Hey All,
I am going from a Touch (Vogue) to the TP2. I never upgraded to the TP1 after I heard all the horror stories of everyone having to replace them all of the time. Once the Verizon TP2 is available I will definitely be ordering it. What I am wondering is this. Since I am kind of like a little kid in a candy store, what programs are the "must haves?" From what I have read above and researched so far there are a few that I know I want to have. Other than the ones I am listing, are there any others that you think I should check out?

Think I will get:
Sprite Backup (Get HTC discount and it looks better than the SPB version.)
Sprite Terminator
G-Alarm (Looks like a very useful program.)
Skyfire (Seems like it is well worth the download.)
GPS Weather Radar (Easier than using the browser.)

Not sure about:
pTunes (Seems pricey)
Documents to Go (Why do I need this if it already has Word, Excel, PowerPoint already installed on it?)

I already have and use:
Resco File Explorer
Google Maps
S2U2
Pandora
Pocket Breeze (Highly recommend this program. Merges Tasks and Calendar together in one easy to use, highly customizable format.)

Well there is my $.02 worth. Any help would be appreciated.
Speed...

tomc585 09-08-2009 09:39 PM

how/where did u get the pandora app for the tp2?

Speed_419 09-08-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomc585 (Post 1149835)
how/where did u get the pandora app for the tp2?

I went to www.Pandora.com and was able to get the Windows Mobile version for download. VERY COOL app. Easy to use, just type in your favorite group and it plays that group and ones that are similar to it. I have found nearly every genre of music available from Pandora. Only thing that gets old with it is that after a certain amount of time it will stop playing as has a popup that asks if you are still there. The only advantage that I see with this is that you don't accidentally leave your phone connected and kill the battery. For me personally though, I don't just leave my phone laying around so if I am using Pandora, I am listening to it. Hope this helps.
Speed...

8notime 09-08-2009 11:59 PM

SOTI Pocket Controller without a doubt. Expensive but extremely powerful.

JZ* 09-09-2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed_419 (Post 1150112)
I went to www.Pandora.com and was able to get the Windows Mobile version for download. VERY COOL app. Easy to use, just type in your favorite group and it plays that group and ones that are similar to it. I have found nearly every genre of music available from Pandora. Only thing that gets old with it is that after a certain amount of time it will stop playing as has a popup that asks if you are still there. The only advantage that I see with this is that you don't accidentally leave your phone connected and kill the battery. For me personally though, I don't just leave my phone laying around so if I am using Pandora, I am listening to it. Hope this helps.
Speed...

I tried this, had it sent to my TP2...says it is NOT compatible...was the download available somewhere on the site? Thanks

railslave 09-09-2009 02:04 AM

slingplayer mobile
.977 radio app
google maps
palringo
core player
no tf3d
google voice

MLSFAN20 09-09-2009 03:43 AM

Twitter users. Can you please suggest a good twitter app for the touch pro 2? I've not added any at all and this is going back to the Mogul phone which I will soon enough shut down. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Speed_419 09-09-2009 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JZ* (Post 1150209)
I tried this, had it sent to my TP2...says it is NOT compatible...was the download available somewhere on the site? Thanks

I am sorry. I currently have the 6700 and am waiting for the TP2. I didn't realize that it wasn't available for the TP2 from Pandora's website. Totally forgot that you did it from the phone browser. Here is the cab file that I used when I downloaded it for the 6700. I don't know if it will work correctly, but other than having a larger screen there shouldn't be much of a difference should there? Please let me know if it works so I can take it off the site if it doesn't. I am going to be seriously bummed out if I can't use Pandora on the TP2 until Pandora gets its act together.
Speed...

mebedaman 09-09-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed_419 (Post 1150543)
I am sorry. I currently have the 6700 and am waiting for the TP2. I didn't realize that it wasn't available for the TP2 from Pandora's website. Totally forgot that you did it from the phone browser. Here is the cab file that I used when I downloaded it for the 6700. I don't know if it will work correctly, but other than having a larger screen there shouldn't be much of a difference should there? Please let me know if it works so I can take it off the site if it doesn't. I am going to be seriously bummed out if I can't use Pandora on the TP2 until Pandora gets its act together.
Speed...

I just tried to go to pandora.com on my Mogul and it says it's not supported even though it explicitly says it is supported on the website. Weird.

I am not running a stock Sprint ROM - maybe that makes a difference (?)

Speed_419 09-09-2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mebedaman (Post 1150652)
I just tried to go to pandora.com on my Mogul and it says it's not supported even though it explicitly says it is supported on the website. Weird.

I am not running a stock Sprint ROM - maybe that makes a difference (?)

I haven't got the slightest idea. I will let others try today and if it doesn't work for anyone I will remove it. Thanks for trying.
Speed...

BenC 09-09-2009 02:37 PM

Sprite Backup, Terminator, 1.5 GPS Weather (not 2.01 or whatever) work. pTunes dislikes the resolution. Documents To Go Spreadsheet works most of the time, but it also dislikes the resolution as the screen gets emotional some times. Google Maps - really laggy - it does not keep up at all and the same with Bing.

I use DTG because it allows me to have a spread sheet open in Excel and one in DTG - I often work on 2 different ones concurrently. Nice word.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed_419 (Post 1148221)
Hey All,
I am going from a Touch (Vogue) to the TP2. I never upgraded to the TP1 after I heard all the horror stories of everyone having to replace them all of the time. Once the Verizon TP2 is available I will definitely be ordering it. What I am wondering is this. Since I am kind of like a little kid in a candy store, what programs are the "must haves?" From what I have read above and researched so far there are a few that I know I want to have. Other than the ones I am listing, are there any others that you think I should check out?

Think I will get:
Sprite Backup (Get HTC discount and it looks better than the SPB version.)
Sprite Terminator
G-Alarm (Looks like a very useful program.)
Skyfire (Seems like it is well worth the download.)
GPS Weather Radar (Easier than using the browser.)

Not sure about:
pTunes (Seems pricey)
Documents to Go (Why do I need this if it already has Word, Excel, PowerPoint already installed on it?)

I already have and use:
Resco File Explorer
Google Maps
S2U2
Pandora
Pocket Breeze (Highly recommend this program. Merges Tasks and Calendar together in one easy to use, highly customizable format.)

Well there is my $.02 worth. Any help would be appreciated.
Speed...

psycho_maniac 09-09-2009 04:10 PM

man its gonna be weird i wont have to install arcsoft first or the 160sms cab haha
capsure
google maps
pocketshield...maybe..ill try it
pimbackup
total commander