PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Worst luck...2nd DOA

I am having the worst luck ever. I have had tons of cell phones and have never had the problems like I am having with my Pro2.

I had to return the 1st one as it was refusing to answer. I got the new one yesterday and there is something wrong with the speaker. I have a weird feedback whenever I am talking to someone.

I am seriously upset!! I am hoping that I won't have any problems exchanging ANOTHER one at Best Buy as I have only had it for 36 hours....
Old 08-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Worst luck...2nd DOA

Agh. Leanne... Stop breaking stuff.

My history:

1 HTC S640 - Still works
1 HTC Diamond - Until I dropped it broke the vibrator
1 HTC Touch Pro - Never anything wrong with it
1 HTC Touch Pro 2 - 1 Month and going strong (even though i gave it a nice scratch on the top right of the frame :'(

Hopefully you get a better one this time
Old 08-25-2009, 11:46 PM
Retired Staff

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Actually as you read this next reply, don't go anywhere. I have to ask you a question, it might take a bit to explain!!!!

let me write!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Retired Staff

Ok, I've seen another touchpro 2 with this, and mine has it as well. I want to see if your current one has this and possibly the next one.

Look at your phone, Right underneath the volume rockers does the battery door look like its spacing out on each side of the phone?

Look closely and you might know what the heck im talking about. if not, i'll take a pic to try and show you!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

On my first one it was slightly spaced out, but this one fits pretty flush.

This one is awesome except the sound issues.... I am going to hard reset it again just to be sure, but i haven't installed anything that should be messing with the sound.....

I also installed PERFECTLY my new screen saver.... Totally straight, no bubbles....

Last edited by leanne; 08-25-2009 at 11:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
1 HTC Touch Pro 2 - 1 Month and going strong (even though i gave it a nice scratch on the top right of the frame :'(
I hate the feeling I get when that happens :/ Hopefully you're not OCD like I am about those things.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I hate the feeling I get when that happens :/ Hopefully you're not OCD like I am about those things.
The phone wasn't even dropped. It was in my holster and when I was getting it my truck i guess it nicked it.

It's on the silver edging. I feel like crying every time I see the little black mark
Old 08-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
The phone wasn't even dropped. It was in my holster and when I was getting it my truck i guess it nicked it.

It's on the silver edging. I feel like crying every time I see the little black mark
Dude that sucks! Maybe they would swap it out for you, especially if you point out that gap.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Dude that sucks! Maybe they would swap it out for you, especially if you point out that gap.
It's better to just get over the OCD. Stuff happens and will again
Old 08-26-2009, 01:39 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Personally I am pretty happy with HTC's build quality...I mean I abuse my phone so much I'm glad there is no law against phone abuse >.>

I had an PPC6700 and a Mogul which I both dropped like 50 times, not to mention had them flying from 1 side of the room to the other..my ppc6700 usb port snapped off after 2 years of abuse..but that is expected and was fixed with me soldering it back in..my Mogul now is still being abused after 2 years as well..*whistle*...now waiting on a TP2 to abuse :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2