PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   I got my hands on a tp2....well sorta (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80882)

southphillysean 08-24-2009 10:54 PM

I got my hands on a tp2....well sorta

i was driving along and i happened to spot a T-Mobile store. so i stop in to see if they had any TP2's in stock. what a beauty this thing was! at first it was only the floor model. so i ask to see a working display and the sales person said they didnt have a working model. so i tols him that its ok i just thought that if i couls try one i might switch service from sprint to t-mobile (not really). once i got this beauty in my hand i almost switch service right then and there. the screen is very nice. the keyboard is much improved. i was overwhelmed to say the less. that is my story....sprint, please stop making us wait and release this treasure already!

-Sin- 08-24-2009 11:50 PM

Re: I got my hands on a tp2....well sorta

go to sprint

RockSta® 08-25-2009 12:08 AM

Permission to flame this guy requwsted...

bradart 08-26-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockSta® (Post 1120375)

Permission requested to request permission to smack you in the back of the head for requestin permission to be a jack@$$

themuffinman 08-26-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Don't know why you would want to flame him but drama can be very entertaining especially since its a slow day at work, so permission granted :)

Exil3d 08-26-2009 02:10 PM

Nobody cares for that non accelarated device. Junk imo. So you can flame him. granted.,

antjones21 08-26-2009 03:32 PM

I was at the mall the other day and I stopped at the T-mobile Kiosk and I was not impressed with their version of the TP2. It felt very heavy in the hand, I sure hope the Sprint version is not as heavy hopefully the rubbery casing will make it much lighter than the T-Mobile one.

KaliS 08-26-2009 11:07 PM

i was in a training yesterday and got to fondle a co-workers TP2 from T-Mo. i have to say it felt really solid and seemed much better built than my TP. going through the UI was very smooth and there were no hang-ups or lags noticed at all. it appears that HTC has got things right with this one. can't wait for sprints phone to be released so i can find something wrong with my TP and get upgraded. and yes that does work, i have basically come from a 6700 into a TP and already have promise again from sprint for an upgrade (im on my 4th TP).

oh yeah, the size seemed perfect. when held next to my TP it was a lil bit thinner, definitely wider, but wasn't outrageous in any way. the screen was absolutely beautiful.

-Sin- 08-26-2009 11:39 PM

Quote:

geek :angry7:

gatolsf 08-28-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themuffinman (Post 1123006)
Don't know why you would want to flame him but drama can be very entertaining especially since its a slow day at work, so permission granted :)

LOL. Dude you just made my day

gatolsf 08-28-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 1123059)
Nobody cares for that non accelarated device. Junk imo. So you can flame him. granted.,

nobody?

what is wrong with you Exil? have you thought about filing a complaint against Qualcomm or HTC for the lack of the 3D drivers?

lipidfats 08-28-2009 10:58 PM

Who cares, he'll end up with one unless he switches carriers. it's better than the original. 8-12 months is a long time to wait for the next sprint wm phone with a hard kb. Either way, we'll see him lurking on the tp2 forums for months...

It's a slight upgrade, wasn't meant to be groundbreaking.. WE ALL KNEW THAT WHEN THE SPECS WERE ANNOUNCED. If you have the money, it's well worth the wvga tilting display with nicer keyboard. VGA is on its last breath and i don't plan to stick around for the funeral.

ssteven365 08-30-2009 01:02 AM

The wife and I went to a T-mobile today also. They didn't have a display phone out but the sales guy had one. We played with it for a couple minutes but felt awkward handling this guys phone. Anyway, we both loved it and can't wait to get our hands on the Sprint version.

Exil3d 08-30-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssteven365 (Post 1128582)
The wife and I went to a T-mobile today also. They didn't have a display phone out but the sales guy had one. We played with it for a couple minutes but felt awkward handling this guys phone. Anyway, we both loved it and can't wait to get our hands on the Sprint version.

Why did you feel awkward? Cuz it was the guys personal phone? Then I understand. Or is it because you were not impressed?:scratch:

ssteven365 08-30-2009 06:12 PM

Awkward because it was the guys personal phone. Didn't want to be all up in his business.

Exil3d 08-30-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssteven365 (Post 1129387)
Awkward because it was the guys personal phone. Didn't want to be all up in his business.

Ahh.. I see. Yeah it is a bit odd.