PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Touch Pro 2 FM Radio Questions/Answers (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78574)

ranmasaotome510 08-09-2009 04:19 AM

Touch Pro 2 FM Radio Questions/Answers

So it's been recently bothering me, that i have yet to come across some hardcore evidence of FM radio capability on the Touch Pro2. I've seen the FM Radio listed as something the chipset had as well, besides the other usual stuff (Wifi, Bluetooth)

So for those of you who have a Touch Pro2 Now, (Telus folk?) anyone really, is the FM Radio locked out like its TP1 Brethren, or is it finally open for all of us to bask in its eternal RDS Capable glory?

ranmasaotome510 08-09-2009 04:34 AM

Re: Touch Pro 2 FM Radio Questions/Answers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVh3F7_nrZA

Hmmmm. so i guess it well have it? but who knows, maybe sprint may pull the plug and decide to block it

leanne 08-09-2009 02:19 PM

So far, the GSM guys have installed the FM Radio cab and have it working. No one on Telus has been able to get it to work.

vakbrain 08-09-2009 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leanne (Post 1090548)
So far, the GSM guys have installed the FM Radio cab and have it working. No one on Telus has been able to get it to work.

x2

not working on mine either...

ranmasaotome510 08-10-2009 01:52 AM

ugh you've got to be kidding me, i wonder if this is a continuing fad that CDMA phones cant have FM Radio. i wonder if the FCC have something to do with this.

All joking aside, that's disappointing for the Telus folk. Heres to hoping FM radio unlock with radio firmware updates, or some genius like no2chem to figure this out.

To bad there are no datasheets on the MSM7600, otherwise he would be on this in an instant.

O'Neil Mitchell 08-10-2009 08:54 AM

I use Spb Radio, the best part is you don't need the headphones. You can also listing to any radio staton not just the local ones, as long you know their URL

ls3mach 08-10-2009 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranmasaotome510 (Post 1091544)
ugh you've got to be kidding me, i wonder if this is a continuing fad that CDMA phones cant have FM Radio. i wonder if the FCC have something to do with this.

All joking aside, that's disappointing for the Telus folk. Heres to hoping FM radio unlock with radio firmware updates, or some genius like no2chem to figure this out.

To bad there are no datasheets on the MSM7600, otherwise he would be on this in an instant.

CDMA CAN have FM Radios. The Touch Diamond has use of it's FM radio.

CRISTIIAN 09-02-2009 08:04 PM

Anything news on this?

ls3mach 09-02-2009 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell (Post 1091806)
I use Spb Radio, the best part is you don't need the headphones. You can also listing to any radio staton not just the local ones, as long you know their URL

I also hate when people post this. 1. Not every station has an internet feed. 2. Not everyone has contiguous 3G coverage. 3. My battery can't even make it a full day as it is, a continuous data session would just further this problem.

SweetBearCub 09-02-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls3mach (Post 1136310)
I also hate when people post this. 1. Not every station has an internet feed. 2. Not everyone has contiguous 3G coverage. 3. My battery can't even make it a full day as it is, a continuous data session would just further this problem.

Agreed. FM Radio is desirable in many cases over Internet radio, especially since it is usable where 3G coverage is non-existent, and it uses FAR less battery power!