PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Telus TP2 weather databese editor help!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78555)

carterisgod 08-11-2009 11:30 AM

Re: Telus TP2 weather databese editor help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordo22 (Post 1093244)
Thanks. I've done that but I still get the same error when I try and open the editor application. Am I being a bonehead and just missing something?

Uninstall the editor, then reinstall. See if that helps.

Jordo22 08-11-2009 01:02 PM

I actually tried that before asking for help....tried again but nope.

trekkie34 08-14-2009 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordo22 (Post 1094386)
I actually tried that before asking for help....tried again but nope.

1. In Total Commander, navigate to the Windows directory and find 2330fc3c_manila. Go to the properties of that file and uncheck "Read only". Click ok to save your changes to the file.

1.5 Copy the file out of the windows directory, change the permissions, then copy it back.

Go in to the file and uncheck "Archive". Worked for me.
Good Luck.

andsoitgoes 08-14-2009 11:21 PM

What's frustrating about this is that you can't change the "home" city to your home city. For example, I want to change mine to "Surrey" but it's locked to "Vancouver"

leanne 08-14-2009 11:27 PM

Mine is set to surrey.... I just selected add city in the world clock setttings page.....

andsoitgoes 08-14-2009 11:32 PM

Weird, the Surrey mine is set to is not Surrey, BC... It's Surrey PEI which kind of messes with the weather settings...

leanne 08-14-2009 11:34 PM

You have to add Surrey BC using the weather database editor. I edited a city so it was the right timezone and renamed it Surrey. so I could tell them apart.

andsoitgoes 08-15-2009 12:06 AM

ah. I see what I did wrong. I entered Surrey from scratch, rather than editing a city in the editor, that's what you meant.

I feel better now, that makes sense, working like a charm. Muchas gracias!

Viva le Surrey!

Tweak_four17 08-16-2009 12:09 AM

My weather stopped updating two days ago, it says there is a connection problem to the weather site, my other data worked fine so I thought maybe the accuweather site was down, I checked on the browser and that still works fine so I searched in Google. Turns out the accuweather site routes the app through a proxy and that has gone down before but the last time I could tell it went down was in January and since noone else was saying anything about this I figured it was something I did..turns out it was. I had removed a bunch of programs that I didn't think I needed anymore to free up some space. Turns out that one of them was the weather database editor. Reinstalled that to see if there were any option in there to figure out what was going on and bam it works again. Looks like you need to keep that program installed for the weather to continue to work....