PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Bell Touch Pro2?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78510)

emc_es7k 09-01-2009 12:54 PM

Re: Bell Touch Pro2??

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd (Post 1131234)
Since Bell and Telus are very close partners I would imagine that you'll see a version pop up in the very near future (under 2-3 months.) Bell and Telus are supposedly merging networks and merging in general over the new few years (nothing official, although they already share the same networks.)

I don't know where your getting your information from but Bell and Telus are far from being partners. They are no where close to sharing the same network. I live in Ottawa and have used all the major carriers here from Rogers to Telus and currently on Bell and believe me there is a big difference. Bell built it's network from scratch long before Telus ever had a presence in Ontario. When Telus did enter the market here, they did so by acquiring what was Clearnet that had built the Mike (push to talk) type network. Here you can easily tell which cell towers belong to Telus as they are the only towers that have a flashing white light (all other towers, both Bell and Rogers have a red light). Bell and Telus are not merging their networks at all, however they are both converting from traditional CDMA to the new global standard, they have to but share...I doubt that very much. Bell does NOT play well with others, trust me.

vakbrain 09-01-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emc_es7k (Post 1132853)
I don't know where your getting your information from but Bell and Telus are far from being partners. They are no where close to sharing the same network. I live in Ottawa and have used all the major carriers here from Rogers to Telus and currently on Bell and believe me there is a big difference. Bell built it's network from scratch long before Telus ever had a presence in Ontario. When Telus did enter the market here, they did so by acquiring what was Clearnet that had built the Mike (push to talk) type network. Here you can easily tell which cell towers belong to Telus as they are the only towers that have a flashing white light (all other towers, both Bell and Rogers have a red light). Bell and Telus are not merging their networks at all, however they are both converting from traditional CDMA to the new global standard, they have to but share...I doubt that very much. Bell does NOT play well with others, trust me.

x2

Bell and Telus are only partners on the HSPA project, nothing more. They still hate each other ;)

the-wrangler 09-03-2009 06:35 PM

i been looking around as well..im betting its still a while off till bell gets it..its a lil too quiet for it to be close

briggs 09-03-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by touchprogeek (Post 1089960)
how the heck did they get exclusivity? I don't see any of that with the three different carriers in the US soon to release the TP2 (maybe 4!)... Or is this just a Palm Pre over here on Bell vs. a TP2 over there on Telus kinda thing?...

Bell put all their eggs in the palm pre basket this year. They need to sell a butt load of those phones to get their money back.

The CEO said it was the single most important launch the company had ever done...