PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Anyone have a "clean" 6.5.X rom for a Verizon tp2 ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=153187)

DavidinCT 04-07-2014 08:44 PM

Anyone have a "clean" 6.5.X rom for a Verizon tp2 ?

Hey all,

Need to go back to a old phone for a few days, but, the device I have is on 6.1....dreading it, Does ANYONE have a good 6.5.3 or higher CLEAN (just the OS/drivers), rom with Verizon features ?

Something I can download, as most of the roms in the dev area are dead....

Tinkerbell 04-07-2014 09:41 PM

Re: Anyone have a "clean" 6.5.X rom for a Verizon tp2 ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2204288)
Hey all,

Need to go back to a old phone for a few days, but, the device I have is on 6.1....dreading it, Does ANYONE have a good 6.5.3 or higher CLEAN (just the OS/drivers), rom with Verizon features ?

Something I can download, as most of the roms in the dev area are dead....

2009 called and they want their phone back. lol In all seriousness, the Sharkie ROM is still available. That was my favorite for the TP2. Also, there is a Energy rom still available here.

DavidinCT 04-08-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 2204291)
2009 called and they want their phone back. lol In all seriousness, the Sharkie ROM is still available. That was my favorite for the TP2. Also, there is a Energy rom still available here.

Yea, no kidding 2009. The problem is Nokia is swapping my 928 out for a ICON(long story). The problem is, I need to send them my 928 and wait for the shipping time. So for 3-5 days I would be with out a phone. It still works and does not need me to pay any money for a phone for a few days.

When I was looking to sell this phone, people were paying like $40 for them, so I figured I would just keep it. Good thing I did... It still works...Kind of...

I updated it to MR3 with 6.5 and disabled touch flo, it's better but, I want a clean 6.5.3+ with all verizon features...

Tinkerbell 04-08-2014 09:16 AM

Okkay, well, I hope you find something that will work for a few days while you wait for your Nokia. Sorry we couldn't help you out.

DavidinCT 04-08-2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 2204306)
Okkay, well, I hope you find something that will work for a few days while you wait for your Nokia. Sorry we couldn't help you out.

No, you helped, thanks a lot !

BTW, the Roms you link to, do you have the threads that they are in, so I know what is on those roms.

It's been a really long time from playing with a TP2....

I remember you being a BIG WM fan back in the day, with the PPCkitchen (wish we had something like that for WP8), what phone are you sporting these days ?

Tinkerbell 04-10-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2204307)
No, you helped, thanks a lot !

BTW, the Roms you link to, do you have the threads that they are in, so I know what is on those roms.

Sure the Energy Rom can be found here, and the Sharkie Rom can be found here.

Quote:

It's been a really long time from playing with a TP2....

I remember you being a BIG WM fan back in the day, with the PPCkitchen (wish we had something like that for WP8), what phone are you sporting these days ?
Yes, I was! Good memory!! These days I am using a Note II. Dropped it a few weeks ago, but I almost have it back together. I just cured the new LOCA to the new screen glass last night. Whew! Quite a process...

http://mediumhill.com/Tinkerbell/Tin...eenShot049.jpg

DavidinCT 04-10-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 2204341)
Sure the Energy Rom can be found here, and the Sharkie Rom can be found here.

Yes, I was! Good memory!! These days I am using a Note II. Dropped it a few weeks ago, but I almost have it back together. I just cured the new LOCA to the new screen glass last night. Whew! Quite a process...

http://mediumhill.com/Tinkerbell/Tin...eenShot049.jpg

Yea, this TP2 the touch screen part did not work on it...A while ago I picked one up on ebay figuring I would fix it at some point. So the other day, when they wanted a return, I was like oh, crap no phone.

I had the whole thing apart and even the touch screen part does not fit right, so it scraches my ear when talking on it....

Going from a 4.5" display back down to a 3.6" kind if stinks... Thank god it's got a keyboard because I cant even use the touch screen to type (too small) !!!

And yes, I remember you very well, we had many discussions about PPCkitchen (boy would I love that right now to create my custom 6.5.3 CLEAN rom). Those were the days when this site was hopping with WIndows Mobile roms...

Thanks again for your help !

DavidinCT 04-11-2014 01:55 PM

Ugh, after a few days of looking, finding a clean 6.5.5ish rom is impossible. Every time I find a link, it's to a dead URL.

I guess I have no choice but to try the 2 roms you listed, I was really hoping I could find the Titainiam version of the MightyRom...but, ever that is a fail on here and XDA...

Still might have this phone till mid to end of next week, I need AT LEAST a 6.5.3 rom...

oh, well, thanks for your help !

Thundaar2000 04-11-2014 03:03 PM

Ahh never mind... Was a dead link too!

-Jonny- 04-11-2014 03:45 PM

There is a Mr.x Titanium here which downloads, but it's only 6.5
MR.X ROM | MightyROM

DavidinCT 04-11-2014 04:42 PM

Thanks for the link....Found this...

mightyrom project roms | MightyROM

Project Name: Full Force
Device: RhodiumW
System: Windows Phone® 23563
Interface: HTC Sense 2.5 / Windows Phone® 6.5.5
Date Built: 05/01/10

If I can get that rom running, I can just use Titanium and disable sense, then it should do me good... I'll give a shot...

DavidinCT 04-11-2014 09:59 PM

I can't edit my post with out it timing out, so based on the above rom.

This 6.5.5 rom works great for the most part. Disabled Sense, and Titanium works fine. The icons show Sprint based (EVO) icons across the top but, Verizon works fine with everything I have tested so far. The start menu was hidden but, a quick reg key got it back. It seems fairly peppy, wish I could remove Sense to free up space and resources but, oh well...

Thanks for the link, this is about the best I am going to get on this device with Windows Mobile... Unless there is a newer rom ? Nah, I am sick of finding dead links to roms. This should cover me for this device as my spare phone, till I get another "spare phone"

Thanks everyone for your help here !

mlin 04-17-2014 11:06 PM

Ah I forgot about Titanium. I remember really enjoying its simplicity and speed when it came out

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk