PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What to do with old TP2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147130)

nonstop 09-21-2011 11:01 AM

What to do with old TP2?

Finally made the jump to Android with the release of the Epic 4G Touch and said goodbye to my $30/month SERO plan.

I've got this old beat up TP2 that's almost 2 years old, what's the best way to get rid of it? Will Sprint buy it back? One of those online places that buy your cellphone for a predetermined amount?

I don't think I'd want to sell it to anyone, it's pretty scuffed up and the 'Q' button doesn't work well. Otherwise it functions fine.

jrebo 09-21-2011 01:25 PM

I would put it on ebay or the forums bargain trader with all quality issues up front. Somebody will buy it for their kid or just for parts. Good luck.

Sent from my Motorola Photon

horndoctor 09-21-2011 02:00 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You won't get hardly anything from Sprint. I agree with the previous poster. Or you could keep it for a while as a backup. If it still works well but just looks rough you could do surgery on it and replace the housing and any other damaged parts before selling.

wesscoggin 09-21-2011 03:05 PM

Re: What to do with old TP2?

You could turn it into a wifi security camera.

elesbb 09-21-2011 04:50 PM

how much you asking for ? I've dropped insurance and would like a beat up phone for parts .

nonstop 09-23-2011 08:53 AM

I'd sell it for $50 I guess shipped free. Other than worn paint on the edges it looks fine. Works fine though the Q seems to require a more firm press. Screen has had a screen protector on since day 1, though I had to cut away the corners since they were sharp and would catch things and it'd want to pull the whole protector off. So there is a scratch on the non viewing portion of the screen. I don't know if it's worth that much to anyone but any less wouldn't be worth the effort.

FYI to keep it on topic, checked a few of the websites that buy used phones and they were offering $5 and $12. lol

elesbb 09-23-2011 11:51 AM

mind posting pictures ?

D/\SH 09-25-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonstop (Post 2146756)
I'd sell it for $50 I guess shipped free. Other than worn paint on the edges it looks fine. Works fine though the Q seems to require a more firm press. Screen has had a screen protector on since day 1, though I had to cut away the corners since they were sharp and would catch things and it'd want to pull the whole protector off. So there is a scratch on the non viewing portion of the screen. I don't know if it's worth that much to anyone but any less wouldn't be worth the effort.

FYI to keep it on topic, checked a few of the websites that buy used phones and they were offering $5 and $12. lol

im looking for a nice backup... you take 25 shipped? thats what they usually go for in rough condition on ebay at least.. pm me of interested.... need a descent backup phone

Tinkerbell 09-25-2011 10:13 PM

Humm... $50 seems very reasonable with free shipping. Surely someone will be interested for that amount. =]

Da Uniq 1 09-26-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 2147171)
Humm... $50 seems very reasonable with free shipping. Surely someone will be interested for that amount. =]

$50 is definately reasonable. I just got rid of an old beat up one for that. Still have a nearly new one that pople offered $80 for.