PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by havieri23 View Post
love the tp2 keyboard. i couldn't get frx07 to run fast enough for useability...even with caulkin rom 6.1...how was you able to do that?
Yes the physical KB is one of the best in phonedom. I run stock sense 6.5 in titanium and deleted anything I don't use in WM also I keep my apps to a minimum and clear the cache frequently with app2sd. Pushing all apps that will move to the SD card helped me keep it stable.
Edit- Something I think we all forgot to mention is the fact that the screen can tilt, I think any new slider should have this but to my knowledge us TP2 users are the only one's. Just more bragging rights for us in my eyes.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 09-25-2011 at 01:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: telus pro 2
Carrier: Telus

mytheory is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up Re: Who Still Loves Their TP2?

Oh Yes, I still love it,

A agree with everyone (at least the 6 pages I just read)

This phone is still a beast. Yes, Internet browsing is kind of slow, but I'm using RSS feed to sync everything (news and video/audio podcast) during the night (I do have an unlimited data plan and I'm abusing it - about 10gb per month of data).

I go to school with that thing and I TAKE MY NOTES ON IT! Why, 'cause of the awesome keyboard of course! Seriously, I'm now at a postgratuate lvl and I still type fast enough so I'm not missing anything Going to university without a bag or even a pencil, just with a phone (but an awesome one), thats priceless - and sooo nomad. And yeah, the battery lifetime is great, even if I carry 2 or 3 batteries sometimes (video on a 800*480 just eats it and my schedule is just crazy).

And right now, this phone have no clear competitor on the better resolution/better keyboard side of things. But if I had to chose, I hope it will be an WP7 (that support android boot as well)

(sorry for my English, its not my first language, or even my second one)

Last edited by mytheory; 09-27-2011 at 12:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Who Still Loves Their TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytheory View Post
Oh Yes, I still love it,

A agree with everyone (at least the 6 pages I just read)

This phone is still a beast. Yes, Internet browsing is kind of slow, but I'm using RSS feed to sync everything (news and video/audio podcast) during the night (I do have an unlimited data plan and I'm abusing it - about 10gb per month of data).

I go to school with that thing and I TAKE MY NOTES ON IT! Why, 'cause of the awesome keyboard of course! Seriously, I'm now at a postgratuate lvl and I still type fast enough so I'm not missing anything Going to university without a bag or even a pencil, just with a phone (but an awesome one), thats priceless - and sooo nomad. And yeah, the battery lifetime is great, even if I carry 2 or 3 batteries sometimes (video on a 800*480 just eats it and my schedule is just crazy).

And right now, this phone have no clear competitor on the better resolution/better keyboard side of things. But if I had to chose, I hope it will be an WP7 (that support android boot as well)

(sorry for my English, its not my first language, or even my second one)
well mango is out now so there's no need to even want to run android.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gjhuff is just getting started
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Eric, based on what you said before, and the added costs from Sprint of a new smart phone, I decided to wait a little longer before pulling the Android trigger. But from what I'm reading on the Arrive thread, it looks like Mango is still short as far as tethering is concerned and the Arrive may not even have the right chip. Custom ringtones are now supported, but the installation is described as cumbersome. And integration with contacts, tasks, email et al is not as seamless either as with the TP2. I still wonder why MS chose to go with a new OS that doesn't support many features its' customers loved in the old one. I wish the Arrive community would get some hacks going on these points.

My son just got the Photon 4G. It is an awesome product - both from a software and hardware prospective. But Sprint is said to be getting the Iphone 5 next month, so I'll be looking at that.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
Eric, based on what you said before, and the added costs from Sprint of a new smart phone, I decided to wait a little longer before pulling the Android trigger. But from what I'm reading on the Arrive thread, it looks like Mango is still short as far as tethering is concerned and the Arrive may not even have the right chip. Custom ringtones are now supported, but the installation is described as cumbersome. And integration with contacts, tasks, email et al is not as seamless either as with the TP2. I still wonder why MS chose to go with a new OS that doesn't support many features its' customers loved in the old one. I wish the Arrive community would get some hacks going on these points.

My son just got the Photon 4G. It is an awesome product - both from a software and hardware prospective. But Sprint is said to be getting the Iphone 5 next month, so I'll be looking at that.
@gjhuff u must be really smoking something if ur considering the iPhony over the arrive. as for the arrive having the right chip it does, some user on xda recently proved this and HTC will include it in a later ROM update,there will be ringtone creation apps to simplify the process and music downloading apps such as supermusic has a ringtone creation feature within it. I find the integration with contacts,tasks and email to be just as easy if not easier than it was on my tp2.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:54 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

@eric12341 umm dude seriously stop please if the man wants to get an iphone let him it's his choice not yours .. btw i still love my tp2 don't really use it much except for music and video's thru my wifi other then that it still has it uses ..

Last edited by rrjskj; 09-29-2011 at 02:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Epic 4G

gjhuff is just getting started
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I guess alot of other people are smoking whatever I do then as the Iphone 5 hype and build-up are massive. I'm glad to know the Arrive has the chip supporting tethering - which apparently it was falsely reported not to have on the Arrive thread.

Maybe you can clarify something else for me - to synch with an Exchange server on the Arrive, can you do it directly as you can on the TP2, or do you have to do so by synching with windows mail first?
Old 09-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Ladies and gents, read the title "Who still loves Their TP2" Op created the thread to discuss this. Please let's not make this a discussion which spirals off topic. This site has plenty of room for everyone to have an opinion/preference, but give the op his due respect and let's have some good TP2 stories in this thread. Thanks.

With that in mind, boy do I miss SPB Mobile Shell for Winmo on the tp2. What a nice change of pace from touchflo. What say you?

Last edited by Riley; 09-29-2011 at 03:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:52 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley View Post
Ladies and gents, read the title "Who still loves Their TP2" Op created the thread to discuss this. Please let's not make this a discussion which spirals off topic. This site has plenty of room for everyone to have an opinion/preference, but give the op his due respect and let's have some good TP2 stories in this thread. Thanks.

With that in mind, boy do I miss SPB Mobile Shell for Winmo on the tp2. What a nice change of pace from touchflo. What say you?

lol spb was pretty cool on tp2
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Threadstarter

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley

Many Thanks Riley !!

I'm very thankful for all the posts and stories posted here so far. If you're lurking out there and you're still reluctant to chime in here don't be shy! I know I enjoy reading any and all these TP2 stories and I'm pretty sure others do as well.

Thanks again everyone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2