PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TEP in store replacement question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146937)

hampshire 09-09-2011 12:57 PM

TEP in store replacement question

Sprint is sending me to a local repair shop to have my Touch Pro2 looked at and I am fairly certain that since a dozen hard resets did not fix the issue they are going to replace the phone. I am assuming they will have no Touch Pro 2 phone in the store for a replacement since it is discontinued. I have TEP and was wondering if anyone knows what phones they will offer me so I can research them before going in.

Thanks.

DaveTN 09-09-2011 03:04 PM

Re: TEP in store replacement question

Quote:

Originally Posted by hampshire (Post 2143820)
Sprint is sending me to a local repair shop to have my Touch Pro2 looked at and I am fairly certain that since a dozen hard resets did not fix the issue they are going to replace the phone. I am assuming they will have no Touch Pro 2 phone in the store for a replacement since it is discontinued. I have TEP and was wondering if anyone knows what phones they will offer me so I can research them before going in.

Thanks.

I've been through three replacements for my TP2 in the last 6 days and all have been defective. I have been on the phone all day with sprint and their stance is that they will send nothing more than another TP2. Asurion says exactly the same thing.

3 out of 3 bad refurbs is totally unacceptable but they won't budge.

David

elesbb 09-09-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2143848)
I've been through three replacements for my TP2 in the last 6 days and all have been defective. I have been on the phone all day with sprint and their stance is that they will send nothing more than another TP2. Asurion says exactly the same thing.

3 out of 3 bad refurbs is totally unacceptable but they won't budge.

David

holy shit !! me and you both !!!!! same exact problem ! just got off the phone with them and complained , the rep said he will try to get me a NIB since I've had such poor refurbished phones . I'll post back on the status of that . if I get another bad one I'm going to cancel their service as I pay them way too much to be getting defective phones . I'll just buy one from ebay . I've already spent enough for two phones in the year and a half I've had my phone .

DaveTN 09-09-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2143888)
holy shit !! me and you both !!!!! same exact problem ! just got off the phone with them and complained , the rep said he will try to get me a NIB since I've had such poor refurbished phones . I'll post back on the status of that . if I get another bad one I'm going to cancel their service as I pay them way too much to be getting defective phones . I'll just buy one from ebay . I've already spent enough for two phones in the year and a half I've had my phone .

I wouldn't waste your time or breath as I spent the better part of the day today on the phone with Sprint and was told that there were no NIB TP2's and under no circumstances would I be issued another smartphone unless I upgraded to the more exensive family data share pack as the unlimited data add-on packs no longer exist for smartphones. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

David

eric12341 09-09-2011 09:24 PM

meanwhile my 15 month old tp2 is still kicking it.

elesbb 09-09-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2143906)
I wouldn't waste your time or breath as I spent the better part of the day today on the phone with Sprint and was told that there were no NIB TP2's and under no circumstances would I be issued another smartphone unless I upgraded to the more exensive family data share pack as the unlimited data add-on packs no longer exist for smartphones. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

David

are you saying that if i upgrade to a newer smartphone that i have no option of having unlimited data ??? :(

eric12341 09-09-2011 10:15 PM

it'll still be unlimited,he's on one of the older business plans.

DaveTN 09-09-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2143927)
are you saying that if i upgrade to a newer smartphone that i have no option of having unlimited data ??? :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2143930)
it'll still be unlimited,he's on one of the older business plans.

Yeah, sorry I wasnt clear on that. My current plan has an add-on "unlimited" data pack and they won't let me use any other smartphone other than the TP2 or Replenish. It does'nt matter if its a refurb or one that I buy privately...my only option is to baby my TP2 until my contract expires.

David

eric12341 09-09-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2143939)
Yeah, sorry I wasnt clear on that. My current plan has an add-on "unlimited" data pack and they won't let me use any other smartphone other than the TP2 or Replenish. It does'nt matter if its a refurb or one that I buy privately...my only option is to baby my TP2 until my contract expires.

David

how much would it cost to upgrade the plan because I don't think it could be anymore expensive than AT$T and VZ as they have the most expensive plans, especially family plans. tmobile and maybe USCC/Cellular south have cheaper family plans than sprint but those have data caps of 2GB and 5GB with throttling and overages to follow.

elesbb 09-09-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2143939)

David

a sprint rep told me the optimus s was equivalent to the touch pro 2

eric12341 09-10-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2143960)
a sprint rep told me the optimus s was equivalent to the touch pro 2

how the hell can that be? it had a smaller screen and lower resolution, not only that but it had NO keyboard. the moment is more equivalent to the tp2 than that.

elesbb 09-10-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2144038)
how the hell can that be? it had a smaller screen and lower resolution, not only that but it had NO keyboard. the moment is more equivalent to the tp2 than that.

ok lets just say WE dont make that judgment , asurion does , and with that being said , we cant barter too much . i understand specs related the optimus s isnt that great compared to the TP2 , but id rather have the optimus s brand new then a refurb pos tp2

aedon 09-11-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2144082)
ok lets just say WE dont make that judgment , asurion does , and with that being said , we cant barter too much . i understand specs related the optimus s isnt that great compared to the TP2 , but id rather have the optimus s brand new then a refurb pos tp2

Idk what to tell yall in the ways of that, Im in the same boat as David since I cant get anything better then the tp2 unless I upgrade.
My situation is that Im on SERO and if I upgrade to almost double my payments for SERO Premium + DATA

totally bs...

on a side note though.. Anyone who knew about me issues with sprint data in my area led me to buy a nother tp2, and it happened to be a refurb one

When I compared all the stats
my original phone was not refurb and its manufacturing date was nov 09.

the other phone was manufactured in dec of 09

now this is where it gets funny..
My phones life time calls are like 1x,xxx's

the refurb was like 1xx,xxx's

re-damn-diculas lol

but in anycase, I sold it the other day for 140 bucks lol
but in anycase my original phone is older, not refurbashed and is still running strong

tho extreeeeemly slow all things concidering

Aleki 09-12-2011 11:51 AM

I had mine replaced in july after dealing with a recurring "dead mic" issue. They offered me the Arrive and I accepted :mrgreen:

DaveTN 09-12-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleki (Post 2144304)
I had mine replaced in july after dealing with a recurring "dead mic" issue. They offered me the Arrive and I accepted :mrgreen:

@Aleki , but what plan are you on or did you have to change plans?

I've been all the way up to the corporate level and they all tell me no that it can't be done.

Thanks,

David

elesbb 09-12-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleki (Post 2144304)

mind sharing how the hell you pulled that off ? did they pass it as your upgrade or something ? and who did you ask/speak to ?
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2144329)

I've been all the way up to the corporate level and they all tell me no that it can't be done.

Thanks,

David

Im on the sprint 450 plan unlimted text and data and they said for me to upgrade , it will only cost me 10 bucks extra for the "new" data fee.

Aleki 09-12-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2144329)

Thanks,

David

I'm on the $40 Sero Plus, but had the $30 plan when I had my TP2. When I learned I would be getting an arrive, I called up the SERO CS and asked to be upgraded; went without a hitch
Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2144382)
mind sharing how the hell you pulled that off ? did they pass it as your upgrade or something ? and who did you ask/speak to ?

Well, to begin with, I wasnt attempting to pull anything. I had been having quite a few recurring issues with my TP2. the biggest offender was that my volume and mic would go out without notice (stock ROM btw) I have explained to them that I really need this phone to work as I rely on it as a alarm; not to mention, I look incredibly foolish when I pick up a call and my mic is not functioning. After about 2 replacements at the same store, they called me up and gave me my options(hero, bb curve, and some other crappy options). I had told them I was only interested in the TP2 because I didnt want to deal with any exchange issues and that I liked the keyboard on the TP2 to begin with. After that, the store rep offered me the arrive since they didnt have any new TP2's available. This did not impact my upgrade eligibility whatsoever.

Keep in mind, this happened somewhere between jun/july, and that they may have since decided to stop offering the arrive as a replacement phone.

elesbb 09-13-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleki (Post 2144401)
I'm on the $40 Sero Plus, but had the $30 plan when I had my TP2. When I learned I would be getting an arrive, I called up the SERO CS and asked to be upgraded; went without a hitch

Well, to begin with, I wasnt attempting to pull anything. I had been having quite a few recurring issues with my TP2. the biggest offender was that my volume and mic would go out without notice (stock ROM btw) I have explained to them that I really need this phone to work as I rely on it as a alarm; not to mention, I look incredibly foolish when I pick up a call and my mic is not functioning. After about 2 replacements at the same store, they called me up and gave me my options(hero, bb curve, and some other crappy options). I had told them I was only interested in the TP2 because I didnt want to deal with any exchange issues and that I liked the keyboard on the TP2 to begin with. After that, the store rep offered me the arrive since they didnt have any new TP2's available. This did not impact my upgrade eligibility whatsoever.

Keep in mind, this happened somewhere between jun/july, and that they may have since decided to stop offering the arrive as a replacement phone.

which is dumb , im on my third replacement , now this is through asurion . which i hate btw . anyhow , my first one i threw on accident causing the screen to break , so i ordered a new one via TEP after paying the 100 dollars they send me a POS one that wouldnt even charge , as you said i also use my TP2 as my alarm , well when it doesnt charge over night you wake up to a dead phone . so yeah called them got another , this too had USB mini port issues , it charged , well at least better then the first , but it wouldnt connect via activesync or Bootloader for shit and the start menu key was goofy , didnt really "click" . so i called again demanding i get a NIB , well i got my third TP2 in a matter of one month , this has a working USB FINALLY . well i go through the entire phone (hardware wise) and found the the end key doesnt work at all . gotta mash the button in . so yeah . i hate you for getting so lucky . i dont mind a refurb , but god people at least go over the phone before you send it to a customer .

DaveTN 09-13-2011 11:24 AM

@elesbb , want a good laugh, read this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ys-over-3.html

David

elesbb 09-13-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2144515)
@elesbb , want a good laugh, read this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...ys-over-3.html

David

ha . i think HTC fucked up when they made the TP2 . instead of calling it the TP2 they should call it frankenstein gone wrong . i love sprint , they have been ever so helpful in getting me replacements and everything , its asurion that pisses me off . if i cant get any answers on my new thread i most likely will go to the sprint store , they seem to be more help than Asurion , fuck them . i have never in my entire life dealt with a company as poor in customer service as them . even my old HP that was out of warrenty and everything i was able to get imediate help with from HP direct in solving a hardware issue that they walked me through how to fix . im honestly speechless with asurion's service i get the phone isnt being made anymore but like i said before when you refurb a phone , go over it before sending to the customer , like honestly . holy shit . or offer another phone in exchange , its not like im getting a new phone as i have to send my old one back anyhow , im about ready to call asurion and talk to some important people , fuck the reps . oh and when i say talk , i mean flip .

Aleki 09-13-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elesbb (Post 2144500)
which is dumb , im on my third replacement , now this is through asurion . which i hate btw . anyhow , my first one i threw on accident causing the screen to break , so i ordered a new one via TEP after paying the 100 dollars they send me a POS one that wouldnt even charge , as you said i also use my TP2 as my alarm , well when it doesnt charge over night you wake up to a dead phone . so yeah called them got another , this too had USB mini port issues , it charged , well at least better then the first , but it wouldnt connect via activesync or Bootloader for shit and the start menu key was goofy , didnt really "click" . so i called again demanding i get a NIB , well i got my third TP2 in a matter of one month , this has a working USB FINALLY . well i go through the entire phone (hardware wise) and found the the end key doesnt work at all . gotta mash the button in . so yeah . i hate you for getting so lucky . i dont mind a refurb , but god people at least go over the phone before you send it to a customer .

FWIW: I dealt with a corporate sprint store/service center (big difference between corporate stores and the licensed stores when it comes to dealing with phone repairs)
Still, I dont think I was a lucky exception, Asurion is a 3rd party company that replaces phones in the event where yours is lost or damaged. they really shouldnt be considered a warranty company. I could see them not wanting to swap you into a different phone because they still break even; where Sprint may have already had an analyst crunch numbers and figure it would be cheaper to replace the phone model, rather than you costing them further employee time.

BTW: I should mention that I have TEP, which could be why I didnt deal with so much BS; like the rest of you are experiencing.

DaveTN 09-13-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleki (Post 2144673)
BTW: I should mention that I have TEP, which could be why I didnt deal with so much BS; like the rest of you are experiencing.

Yeah, thats what I have but things haven't been working out so good for me. Its like they just dont care at all. From a numbers standpoint if I walk, its their gain becasue I'm on a lower cost plan with unlimited data and if I stay, its their gain because I'll eventually have to buy a new phone and upgrade to a more expensive plan. win-win for them and they dont give an oversized pile of fecal material about me. :protest: ](*,) :evil4: :disgust:

The best thing for me to do is cut my losses and move on once my ETF period runs out.

David

Aleki 09-13-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2144692)
Yeah, thats what I have but things haven't been working out so good for me. Its like they just dont care at all. From a numbers standpoint if I walk, its their gain becasue I'm on a lower cost plan with unlimited data and if I stay, its their gain because I'll eventually have to buy a new phone and upgrade to a more expensive plan. win-win for them and they dont give an oversized pile of fecal material about me. :protest: ](*,) :evil4: :disgust:

The best thing for me to do is cut my losses and move on once my ETF period runs out.

David

wait, so you are only staying on the TP2 because you dont want to pay the $40/mnth for the Sero Premium? or are they telling you it isnt possible on SP at all?
Pardon my ignorance, I really didnt catch your story

DaveTN 09-14-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleki (Post 2144696)
wait, so you are only staying on the TP2 because you dont want to pay the $40/mnth for the Sero Premium? or are they telling you it isnt possible on SP at all?
Pardon my ignorance, I really didnt catch your story

They told me that the ONLY way that I could change plans was if I go up in cost to the family data share plan.

My son has a friend that is a manager at a local sprint store that said he had no problem doing an EPRP referral but Sprint refused to allow me to do it. Even if I canceled my current plan and paid the ETF's they still won't let me do it.

I've been with them for 15 years and my account has been in perfect standing since day one. I just don't get it. It's like someone put ao comment on my account that says "this guy's an A$$" that shows up anytime they log on.

](*,) :protest: ](*,)

David

t0mmyr 09-15-2011 01:50 AM

lol

i think sprint should give us access to read all our account notes, i would have ball to read what sprint reps note about me

DaveTN 09-15-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0mmyr (Post 2144998)
lol

i think sprint should give us access to read all our account notes, i would have ball to read what sprint reps note about me

Yeah, I've been VERY careful with what I say to them and how I say it. Theres been lots of times recently that I could detect the frustration coming from them but I was just as calm and polite as ever.

David

elesbb 09-15-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2145066)
Yeah, I've been VERY careful with what I say to them and how I say it. Theres been lots of times recently that I could detect the frustration coming from them but I was just as calm and polite as ever.

David

yeah i personally love sprint i always go to the store to talk to them never call them . but as far as asurion , they can shove it .

ericcire 09-15-2011 07:43 PM

I love my TP2, and my TEP plan... on my 20+ TP2