PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 Replacement devices (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145099)

Phen0m 06-27-2011 01:42 PM

TP2 Replacement devices

My local repair center called left a message saying that my TP2 was beyond repair and that I could either have a new TP2 ordered, or a new/comparable replacement device.

Any ideas what the "comparable" replacements would be?

AZTECHKA 06-27-2011 01:54 PM

Re: TP2 Replacement devices

You should call them back... Have them offer up a list and you tell us...

But if I remember correctly... They offered my wife a choice between a couple of old blackberry phones or a Hero and not much else.
p.

Phen0m 06-27-2011 03:34 PM

Oh i planned on it, but they said I have to come in to hear the choices.. was just trying to do some research before hand. Ill update you all asap.

AZTECHKA 06-27-2011 03:36 PM

Sweet bro... I'm sure there are some peeps out there that will benefit from that info.
But like I said... Don't expect to be impressed. LOL. Unless you like trackballs on your blackberries.
p

eric12341 06-27-2011 03:58 PM

it def won't be the EVO 3D,EVO4G,or the epic. u might be able to get the arrive for it as @DavidinCT was able to get his TP2 replaced with a trophy. but pretty much the arrive and the tp2 are the 2 best possible replacements.

DavidinCT 06-27-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2121219)
it def won't be the EVO 3D,EVO4G,or the epic. u might be able to get the arrive for it as @DavidinCT was able to get his TP2 replaced with a trophy. but pretty much the arrive and the tp2 are the 2 best possible replacements.

Remember, I am a Verizon wireless customer not Sprint (as I have noticed here everyone else is on Sprint), they do not have Verizon Touch Pro 2s at all, no new and no referbed.

This is the reason why I got a Trophy because I did not want a Android device and that's alll they were offering besides a older WM device (TP1)..

eric12341 06-27-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2121224)
Remember, I am a Verizon wireless customer not Sprint (as I have noticed here everyone else is on Sprint), they do not have Verizon Touch Pro 2s at all, no new and no referbed.

This is the reason why I got a Trophy because I did not want a Android device and that's alll they were offering besides a older WM device (TP1)..

that's bogus that they had plenty of TPs left but no TP2s, especially considering that the VZ TP had a much higher HW failure rate than the sprint version. there was this one guy last year who had 12 replacements.

AZTECHKA 06-27-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2121224)

I know I sound like a smart ass... But I'm asking anyway. LOL.

How does your experience help the OP?

Just sayin.
lol.
p.

matchstickredgti 06-27-2011 09:27 PM

I remember someone saying a while back that they were trying to give out Imagios for the TP2s... Don't know if that's still the case, but it's a comparable device. I personally wouldn't go for it.

matchstickredgti 06-27-2011 09:37 PM

Nevermind, I see that the OP is on Sprint also.