PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lovin' this new battery

@nerys - thanks I guess what I meant to ask/say was - was related to anyone who actually owned one... there are a few on ebay/amazon but would be good to hear others experiences, but thanks for directing that one to ebay.

I emailed the seller asking about the extended battery being able to "fit". Can anyone by judging through the pictures tell if that extended battery would fit either on the slanted part or actual dock?

From the pictures, it looks like the slanted part doesn't seem like it would. And the dock seems like that the battery is laid flat into there...

enter ebay id : 380353279112 / seller : sfplanet
Old 07-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the extended should fit in the secondary slot I am not sure about the stand up slot I would assume NO unless you see an indentation that would accommodate the bulge.

it might be possible to modify/cut that clear "back plate" to accommodate your extended battery size. for $6 its cheap enough to be an impulse buy get it and see what you can do with it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2011, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Haha - good point. Guess what - I just did exactly that. It [ebay : TP2 cradle sprint] should be arriving this weekend, and I will report back
Old 07-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

damn damn damn. called back to order 2 more and now they come up as NONE AVAILABLE. Grrrrrrrr - I found them for $10 on amazon but no cover
Old 07-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Let us know how the progress is going!!
I love these new batteries... WELL worth the added weight!!

Old 07-20-2011, 02:43 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Let us know if a bigger bulge in your pocket from the thicker battery attracts more ladies.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Let us know if a bigger bulge in your pocket from the thicker battery attracts more ladies.
Umm... Humm...
Old 07-21-2011, 05:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean373 View Post
Another EBay seller reduced his to $14.18

OEM HTC XV6875 Verizon TP2 Extended Battery + Door | eBay

The listed image does not show the box, only a blurry image of the battery + door. Not sure if it is a real OEM or fake.
The battery looks real, but the back is not the same, the camera hole is slightly smaller.
Should be just fine though.
Their still available too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I just picked up two from ebay for 16.88 each shipped. Not the $9.99 that was directly offered from Verizon, but not bad. No shipping, no tax! Should be here in a few days!!

• Enlarge

OEM HTC XV6875 Verizon TP2 Extended Battery + Door

Although this item is not available anymore,
just letting you know it is the exact same one I have from Verizon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
damn damn damn. called back to order 2 more and now they come up as NONE AVAILABLE. Grrrrrrrr - I found them for $10 on amazon but no cover
If you are talking about the battery alone,
There are TONS of extendid jumbo EVO batteries(over3000ma) that fit the TP2 which is what I used before
and they actually work very good,

Last edited by Maxx134; 07-21-2011 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hey everyone - good news. Both my cradle that I mentioned and extended battery+VZW door has arrived on the same day (and fit in my apartment mail box ) !

I haven't been able to test the battery out yet - I just got home and just put it in the charging cradle battery slot laying "flat" - it fits perfectly. The Sprint CDMA with the slim OEM battery fits on the slanted part of the cradle perfectly and both were charging. I am going to charge the extended battery overnight and see how the VZW and extended battery fit/perform tomorrow and over the next day or so -

Will report back in a few days -

edit 1 - ***

VZW door fits fine on this Sprint CDMA -

I removed the plastic support slant by pulling upwards - too fast or hard might break the support tabs that seat the plastic piece into the cradle if you ever want to put it back. The "plastic support slant" and the extended door and batter WILL fit if you direct the the male/female ends of the cradle to phone. Also the slim OEM battery and stock sprint door will fit back on the "slant" side WITHOUT the plastic support - I suppose just don't tap too forcefully (i.e. when typing) on the phone with the style - seems okay by just pressing lightly...

Will update later on the battery performance - using sharkie rom 6.5.x which already has improved battery life on the OEM slim stock sprint battery.

Last edited by vancomycin; 07-23-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw
Threadstarter

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have a buddy with T-mobile version of TP2. Is there any cheap extended battery love for him?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2