PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 11:00 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Re: After TP2 whats next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
let's be fair...android isn't the better choice for most people right now...IT'S THE ONLY CHOICE.

I'm just in shock right now.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm on my second attempt at an Epic and I'm still wishing for an HTC HD2-type device on the CDMA side of things. The TP2 is still good, but it would be better with a 1ghz processor and capacitive screen.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
let's be fair...android isn't the better choice for most people right now...IT'S THE ONLY CHOICE.
yea its on every carrier, even the prepaid ones thats one of the ONLY reasons y android is at the top right now.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

They did whore themselves extremely well...
If iOS would do the same... They would easily take the throne back.

Exclusivie contracts work for a while but not when trying to compete with an OS like Android.

I've got to say that EVERY day... My decision to come to Android is justified even further and it seems it will be difficult for me to go back to my roots (MS).

I am hopeful that they get on the ball and give users what they want and need. Not there yet and that's why I'm not either.
p.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i was thinking about that the other day, and to be honest with you, i'm rather pleased with wp7. i had a treo 700wx...winmo 5.0...you couldn't stream sprint tv or radio with it, then ms slowly added stuff...it will be the same with this. it's just a shame that most people here are cdma users and the cdma carriers are riding the android train. at&t opened up to wp7 once they knew verizon was getting the iphone...and we all know verizon could care less about ms.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah... If Sprint had the HD7 I would hot have gotten the EVO.
But they went ahead and offered up the Arrive... HD7's dumpy lumpy short little sister.
lol.
p.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:20 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea its on every carrier, even the prepaid ones thats one of the ONLY reasons y android is at the top right now.
I can think of several more reasons.

Sent from my Epic 4G running the midNIGHT rom via Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
I can think of several more reasons.

Sent from my Epic 4G running the midNIGHT rom via Tapatalk
lets see them. keep in mind that the general public may not even be aware of all they can do with Android as to why they are getting it.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

bparent is a n00b

I like WM and my TP2, but it has some miles on it and wonder when it will quit. I am not all that impressed with Android yet. I boot into Android with my TP2 and there are a lot of apps, but mostly play stuff. I can do all the Google Maps, voice commands, TellMe, Bing, etc. on WM. I have office apps like excel( even third party ones that will do macros & programming),word, powerpoint and outlook on WM. In short it is a good business phone. There are several good Navigation programs on WM that do not require online internet access.

If WM7 were backwards compatible and would run all the apps I have acquired and tweaked over the years then I would go with it. But, with it being Silverlight based and having to get a new development system and not being able to run WCE/Pocket PC apps, etc. then it is a real downer.

Typical of MS abandoning the masses and requiring developers to buy and learn a new OS and developer tools.

I know Android can open and edit some office files, but not sure it run some of the excel files and controls I now use on WM. It would be great if Android could boot back to WM or even better yet run a VM to allow running some WM apps. Oh well for now, even though I qualify for an upgrade, I am not inclined to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Dont know if anyone has asked this already (well besides me but in a different way) Many are leaving their tp2's and upgrading to newer phones just wanted to do a poll on what OS people are going to since there isnt any newer WinMo phones

Is it
1) WP7
2) Android
3) iOS
4) Webos
Old 04-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Ugh, on my way to the Sprint store right now to get a new phone. My TP2 has lasted me two years, got it a week after they came out. It still works, but the "phone up" button is missing (the LEDs are blinding bright, should've been on the back of the phone), the speaker is blown (completely my fault) and now the screen autorotates on it's own/doesn't change when I open the keyboard. (probably from when I dropped it the 3rd time)

After I finally got a good custom rom and overclocked it and got running great.

I don't know what I'm gonna do, I really want another TP2, but I want 4G. I also would LOVE to stream fucking Netflix, not a big deal I guess as I normally watch it at the house anyways, but damn that would be killer.

Supposedly there's all these badass new phone coming out in the next two months, I just don't know anymore...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2