PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Alternate Dialer/phone canvas? [edit: this caused a new problem] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141125)

briggs 02-21-2011 12:32 PM

Alternate Dialer/phone canvas? [edit: this caused a new problem]

I'm wondering if there is an alternate dialer or phone canvas for windows mobile that could be used with the touch pro 2.

Here is the reason. When I go to call into my voicemail system at the office to check my messages in order to access the mailbox I have to hit "*,*". However when I do this on my TP2 it generates the letter p and I can not get into the voicemail system to check messages. I have had to cut back on expenses recently and no longer have an assistant to check my messages/relay them to me. Reconfiguring the voicemail system to accept a different key command is also not an option.

Anyone have any suggestions here?

If this can't be resolved then I'll have to get another phone and Telus wants to just rape me for that too.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

[EDIT]: Problem solved. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-themes...ler-works.html installed the disable Tachi dialer cab from that thread and it works with the default windows mobile dialer. This was actually for my dad who uses a TP2. now he doesn't have to get a new phone.

[EDIT AGAIN]: This change has now spawned a new issue. See my post toward the end of the page...

elesbb 02-21-2011 01:26 PM

Re: Alternate Dialer/phone canvas?

Which voicemail are you talking about ? the one for the TP2 or the one for the office ?

demonlordoftheround 02-21-2011 07:05 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I must be the office.

elesbb 02-21-2011 08:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i just tried this . you are correct about the "**" entering a "P" for a pause . to enter just "**" do these reg edits and it will take you to the default windows dialer .

Delete the keys completely
HKLM\SECURITY\PHONE\SKIN\
HKLM\SECURITY\PHONE\SmartDial\

Attatched is a mortscript that will do it for you . along with a CAB to restore the dialer back to HTC's if you or anyone else wishes .

Do a soft reset after running either the script or the cab

briggs 02-21-2011 09:57 PM

see my edit in the first post I already got it. thanks for the help though.

horndoctor 02-22-2011 01:25 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by briggs
see my edit in the first post I already got it. thanks for the help though.

Glad you figured it out.
Good info here though!

Amamba 02-23-2011 04:23 PM

The default Windows dialer has pretty small buttons. Did you try iDialer ?

briggs 02-24-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amamba (Post 2060341)
The default Windows dialer has pretty small buttons. Did you try iDialer ?

No I didn't try it, have you got a link?

So, disabling the HTC dialer has made it so that when my dad clicks a phone number in HTC contacts now, it doesn't dial the phone number.

Anyone know how I can correct this issue now? Is there a way to disable HTC contacts as well?

eric12341 02-24-2011 08:44 PM

Re: Alternate Dialer/phone canvas? [edit: this caused a new problem]

to disable HTC contacts can easily be done by disabling the people tab and then adding a quicklink to contacts

briggs 02-25-2011 12:21 AM

Re: Alternate Dialer/phone canvas? [edit: this caused a new problem]

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2060970)
to disable HTC contacts can easily be done by disabling the people tab and then adding a quicklink to contacts

Problem is, the old man is running the stock telus 2.1 rom, no quicklinks.

I guess I could disable the people tab and make a home softkey contacts