PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   HEEELP...Data connection problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140311)

horndoctor 01-28-2011 04:47 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I would suggest you use a generic custom rom for your purposes and not a Verizon branded or shipped rom. You could always flash back to the shipped rom if you have to.
Regardless of the rom though, I think you are going to have to acquire, change and save settings in EPST for your carrier in order for things to work correctly.
Maybe if you put it in GSM only mode you could use some sort of over the air programming from your carrier to correctly program EPST. :dontknow:

eric12341 01-28-2011 07:03 PM

Re: HEEELP...Data connection problem

estoy de acuerdo con horndoctor, trata de flashear un ROM,generico como LEAD ROM,NRG,VINs neodium,tambien en la tema de touch pro2 cleanup hay un cab que pueda desactivar el cm guardian en el registro y activar el tethering. si estas 2 opciones no le sirva es posible que tiene que descargar rl desbloqueador de tarjeta SIM en que puede encontrar en una de las temas pegadas en la seccion CDMA TP2 Development.

Tinkerbell 01-29-2011 09:50 PM

^^^^ Woah!! Multi-language support eric 12341?? That is so cool!! =]=]

emurill31 01-30-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2046683)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I would suggest you use a generic custom rom for your purposes and not a Verizon branded or shipped rom. You could always flash back to the shipped rom if you have to.
Regardless of the rom though, I think you are going to have to acquire, change and save settings in EPST for your carrier in order for things to work correctly.
Maybe if you put it in GSM only mode you could use some sort of over the air programming from your carrier to correctly program EPST. :dontknow:

Yeah I was thinking that it would come down to flashing.... I actually tried to flash to the Mighty rom but it didn´t quite work... the progress bar pretty much remained in 0% and froze there... I don't know if I have to run an unblocker first or something... and if so where to find it... I don´t have a problem with flashing, as long as I could make it work
thx!

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2046767)
estoy de acuerdo con horndoctor, trata de flashear un ROM,generico como LEAD ROM,NRG,VINs neodium,tambien en la tema de touch pro2 cleanup hay un cab que pueda desactivar el cm guardian en el registro y activar el tethering. si estas 2 opciones no le sirva es posible que tiene que descargar rl desbloqueador de tarjeta SIM en que puede encontrar en una de las temas pegadas en la seccion CDMA TP2 Development.

Si en realidad en el tema de touch pro cleanup no he podido leer todos los posts.... son como 64 paginas asÃ* que tengo que tomarme un buen rato para leerlas y encontrar este .cab que mencionas...
gracias!

horndoctor 01-30-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emurill31 (Post 2047873)
Yeah I was thinking that it would come down to flashing.... I actually tried to flash to the Mighty rom but it didn´t quite work... the progress bar pretty much remained in 0% and froze there... I don't know if I have to run an unblocker first or something... and if so where to find it... I don´t have a problem with flashing, as long as I could make it work
thx!

In order to flash a custom rom like Mighty you need to flash the HSPL Unlocker first here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...w-hardspl.html

eric12341 01-31-2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emurill31 (Post 2047873)

Si en realidad en el tema de touch pro cleanup no he podido leer todos los posts.... son como 64 paginas asÃ* que tengo que tomarme un buen rato para leerlas y encontrar este .cab que mencionas...
gracias!

el cab que mencionE puede encontrarlo aqui es el cab pa'l Verizon Tp2 WM6.5 ROM oficial. si este no le sirva puede que tenga que flashear un ROM, le recomiendo personalmente los de VIN o Kenio

emurill31 01-31-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2048197)
el cab que mencionE puede encontrarlo aqui es el cab pa'l Verizon Tp2 WM6.5 ROM oficial. si este no le sirva puede que tenga que flashear un ROM, le recomiendo personalmente los de VIN o Kenio

Awesome!! muchas gracias... I installed it and after it reset my phone went back into the Connections setup and the Verizon Wireless portion was GONE!!!!

I was actually going to venture into a flash then custom rom but too much hassle for me... I did flash it with the Hard-SPL and it supposedly went ok but then when I tried to go for the Mighty Rom I got a 208 Error... so then it's going into other forums to find what the hell that is... it would've been nice to get a rom on it I could play around with but it's turning out to be quite like pulling nails....

I do appreciate all the help from everyone though!!!!

eric12341 01-31-2011 05:13 PM

asegurese que haga clic al boton "thanks" a todo de los posts que le ayudaron.