PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How to install software on Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140074)

gera229 01-24-2011 11:49 PM

Re: How to install software on Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2?

The thing is the with opera mini 5.1 I can type a text only 1 sentence long.
For example, I type "I can type." and after the period I press space and type "asdf" so it would like like this "I can type. asdf" now if I want to enter a second word I press space again but it deletes the first word so it goes back to "I can type." And so on. Can you try this and see? It does that when I respond in my hotmail and ebay messages.
I hope I am not the only one.

horndoctor 01-25-2011 12:32 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I believe you are talking about word correction. You just need to disable it. I don't think this is controlled by your browser. I don't use opera mini so.... :dontknow:

gera229 01-25-2011 08:51 PM

With opera mini browsing is a whole different experience and better. I do not know how to disable word correct, but I don't think it's that.

After I press space it automatically deletes the first word of the second sentence. Even on my slide-out keyboard. But that is only if the first sentence has a period at the end. So it's basically after the period where I press space then type my word then if I press space again it will delete the first word of the second sentence.

danhux 01-26-2011 10:20 AM

since my HTC TP2 seems to run programs all by itself, i do a soft shutdown at least once a day. I shouldn't have to, but it makes it behave better.

gera229 01-26-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gera229 (Post 2044691)
With opera mini browsing is a whole different experience and better. I do not know how to disable word correct, but I don't think it's that.

After I press space it automatically deletes the first word of the second sentence. Even on my slide-out keyboard. But that is only if the first sentence has a period at the end. So it's basically after the period where I press space then type my word then if I press space again it will delete the first word of the second sentence.

This happens in hotmail or when responding in a forum. When google searching it fine. Can someone else test it. I hope I am not the only one.

eric12341 01-26-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gera229 (Post 2045147)
This happens in hotmail or when responding in a forum. When google searching it fine. Can someone else test it. I hope I am not the only one.

no u aren't the only one. its the exact reason why i don't use it. in fact opera 10 was doin that for awhile up until the final version but it and all versions of opera seem to have major text entry problems on sites. i created a thread about this last year listing all the flaws with the opera versions if u search ull find it. and as for hotmail i just use windows live to sync my hotmail into mobile Outlook.

gera229 01-26-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2045295)
no u aren't the only one. its the exact reason why i don't use it. in fact opera 10 was doin that for awhile up until the final version but it and all versions of opera seem to have major text entry problems on sites. i created a thread about this last year listing all the flaws with the opera versions if u search ull find it. and as for hotmail i just use windows live to sync my hotmail into mobile Outlook.

I am glad I am not the only one. But on my brothers Touch Pro (yes the first one) it types more than a sentence without problem so I hope they fix it soon.

I wonder which web browser you use?

The only reason I use opera mini over opera mobile is because it is faster and loads pages faster. I would only use opera mobile for downloading (heard people saying that opera mini has flaws with downloads) and for long replies to not have the more than one sentence text problem.

eric12341 01-27-2011 12:48 AM

i just use internet explorer

gera229 01-27-2011 01:05 AM

I see, which is faster.. opera or internet explorer? Which loads pages faster?
Do you browse on it often? (Yeah you won't need anything fast if you don't)
Can you download without problems on internet explorer?
Which is more easier to use and user friendly.

Text problem doesn't count lol. For me on opera mobile I do not have the text entry problem.. only on opera mini.

And for you in opera mini if you type lets say "I went there. And so on." after you type "and" and press space the word "and" will be deleted and you end up only have 1 sentence last word being "there".
That's how my problem is.
Is that how it is for you?

eric12341 01-27-2011 11:38 AM

internet explorer starts up faster than the operas but some webpages with flash will load a bit slower than ones with no flash otherwise theres basically no difference. its more finger friendly than opera 9.x and has equal finger friendliness with version 10, there arent any tabs but if u google spb pocket plus and install it, it will add tabs to IE. as for site rendering it varies from equal,better or worse than opera. when a site doesnt load or work properly then i switch to opera and vice versa.