PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Need help: Phone won't pick up calls (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139327)

doggiedog 01-07-2011 03:02 PM

Need help: Phone won't pick up calls

I'm running a stock TP2 with WinMo 6.5.

I can no longer pick up calls on my phone. People will call and regardless if I hit the send button or the one screen button, my phone won't pick up.

Has anyone else had this issue? This happens regardless of whether the phone is locked or unlocked. I use S2U2 as a lock but don't use any of the ROMs. In fact, I can't install any of the ROMs for some reason so it's not an option. I tried for weeks to get them to install but no luck.

drewcam888 01-07-2011 03:09 PM

Re: Need help: Phone won't pick up calls

First off you need to be unlocked to install custom roms. So does the call display on your phone but you cant answer using soft or hard keys

doggiedog 01-07-2011 03:13 PM

I've tried everything in installing the ROMs. Even opened up a few threads here on it. It just doesn't work so I've given up.

The phone will not pick up regardless of whether I hit a hard or soft key. It just rings and rings. The buttons work though when its not ringing. I can't figure out why it does this.

horndoctor 01-07-2011 03:16 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Backup your contacts, cabs, etc. and clear storage.

doggiedog 01-07-2011 03:23 PM

And do a reinstall?

I noticed these microSD cards go bad rather quickly on these phones. I've gone through 2 of them. The memory gets corrupted very easily. They don't even work on my PC.

eric12341 01-07-2011 03:42 PM

I've been using the same microSDHC card since october 09 and haven't had a single issue with it. and to flash a custom ROM u need to be unlocked and to get unlocked u have to goto the how to flash a rom thread in the TP2 CDMA DEVELOPMENT section then follow the directions there to get unlocked once that's done I'll recommend that you download and flash lead ROM its the same as stock 6.5 but without all the bugs like the one ur experiencing now. so for that ill recommend that u do a clear storage by goin to start>settings>system then clear storage. or you can goto the STOCK ROM COLLECTION thread and download and flash the original stock 6.1 rom which is the 2nd one from the bottom.

doggiedog 01-07-2011 03:53 PM

Thanks! I'll try flashing down to 6.1 then flashing up to some ROM but I've tried everything else. My phone won''t unlock. I bought it used on ebay so perhaps that has something to do with it.

doggiedog 01-07-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2031947)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Backup your contacts, cabs, etc. and clear storage.

Awesome! That did the trick!

Thanks!

And thank to the others on the ROM issue. I'll try to downgrade it then upgrade when I get a chance.

tacotoy 01-07-2011 11:50 PM

almost sounds like the old #777 issue that people would have when using advanced config...???