PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 Will not turn on (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138979)

Mias_Daddy 12-30-2010 12:06 AM

TP2 Will not turn on

My phone will not turn on at all. I plug it in and there is no indicator light that shows it is charging. I have had issues with the power on button and the screen going dead and taking forever to turn back on. I made a phone call, and my phone froze. The screen was still on, but I couldn't end the call with the hang up button or the screen one though. Has anyone ever had this issue? Is my phone dead? I also tried doing the hard reset just to turn it on, but I got nothing. Does that red reset butting wipe all my contacts?

eric12341 12-30-2010 12:21 AM

Re: TP2 Will not turn on

no the standard red reset button does not wipe out contacts.seems that ur battery somehow isnt being recognized. try reseating it and see if that helps. if not then u may have to contact sprint and have them look at it and replace it.

Mias_Daddy 12-30-2010 12:51 AM

Ugggh, I hope I can get my contacts off here somehow. My home computer's processor went down on me last week, so I don't have any of my synced info on my new computer, just on my other one. I was waiting to see what the Shift was like before I decided on getting the Evo, now I may be forced to get it. My patience has worn thin for the TP2- This will be my fourth replacement...2 year contract is up...

gTen 12-30-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mias_Daddy (Post 2026610)
Ugggh, I hope I can get my contacts off here somehow. My home computer's processor went down on me last week, so I don't have any of my synced info on my new computer, just on my other one. I was waiting to see what the Shift was like before I decided on getting the Evo, now I may be forced to get it. My patience has worn thin for the TP2- This will be my fourth replacement...2 year contract is up...

Have you tried taking out the battery then putting it back in? also have you tried using another battery thats charged?

P.S there is a better android kb phone already out on sprint then the evo shift ;) lol

horndoctor 12-30-2010 03:26 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Go away fandroid! ;)

OP try taking the battery out and make sure the metal contacts are clean. Then reinsert the battery and plug in your charger and charge overnight.
Then turn your device on and once it boots completely turn off TF3d/Sense. Then use File Explorer to find and copy your PIM.vol file in the main root directory to your storage card. You may need to select Show All Files in File Explorer options to see the PIM.vol file. Then you can go from the start menu to Settings/System Tab and select Clear Storage. Follow the directions and then after it boots back up then you can use File Explorer to rename the PIM.vol file that is in the root directory to something like PIM2.vol or something. Then move the original PIM.vol file you saved from your card to the root directory of My Device and then soft reset. After you reset your contacts should be there.
You may need to use Total Commander or Resco Explorer to rename and copy the file.

Mias_Daddy 12-31-2010 02:03 PM

I think my phone is posessed!!! It wouldn't turn on all night, driving to work. I was going to bring it in to Sprint that day, get to work and the thing turns on by itself. Never touched it. Time for a new phone I think.

I was able to at least get the contacts off and save those. Now I just have to figure out how to import these contacts into my GMail account as I am sure my next one will either be the Evo or the shift. I am not certain I am a fan of the shift after seeing that it does not have a front facing camera and no HD capability and it is only a 5 mp camera....hmmmm

DaveTN 12-31-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mias_Daddy (Post 2027318)
I think my phone is posessed!!! It wouldn't turn on all night, driving to work. I was going to bring it in to Sprint that day, get to work and the thing turns on by itself. Never touched it. Time for a new phone I think.

I was able to at least get the contacts off and save those. Now I just have to figure out how to import these contacts into my GMail account as I am sure my next one will either be the Evo or the shift. I am not certain I am a fan of the shift after seeing that it does not have a front facing camera and no HD capability and it is only a 5 mp camera....hmmmm

hmmmm. sounds like it may have gotten wet and is starting to dry out.

David

Mias_Daddy 12-31-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTN (Post 2027373)
hmmmm. sounds like it may have gotten wet and is starting to dry out.

David

Actually, not at all. I mean that I know of...and it is with me all the time. The only way I can hear the other person on a call is if I have my keyboard in the open position. Before this, I could only hear people in the closed position. Going to get a new one today I think. My Two year has been done since November.

eric12341 12-31-2010 04:36 PM

well sign a new one, really isnt no provider better than sprint with what u get and what u pay. even tho t-mobile has better 4G coverage in my area (sprint's 4G coverage ends 1 block before my house).

DavidinCT 12-31-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mias_Daddy (Post 2027379)
Actually, not at all. I mean that I know of...and it is with me all the time. The only way I can hear the other person on a call is if I have my keyboard in the open position. Before this, I could only hear people in the closed position. Going to get a new one today I think. My Two year has been done since November.

If you can hold out, Vzw and Sprint should be getting Windows Phone 7 after the new year (maybe in a month or so). If you want the newest in Windows phone, that would do it.

Borrow or buy a used phone to keep your contract free if you wanted to....