PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   How to turn off Weather (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135933)

rebelx 10-25-2010 01:21 AM

How to turn off Weather

I accidentally enabled HTC's location services while attempting to get Lookout to find my phone via GPS (it failed... apparently their systems are not capable of searching for Windows Mobile yet! (or so I was told by a rep)) and as a consequence of said action, I now have weather on. I have Cookies hometab which allows me to put a switch to toggle weather on and off (obviously in the off position at this point) and I've deleted my city from the weather tab, but I still have weather info when I open my phone in landscape mode. I have to get the phone back in portrait mode (no keyboard open) to have weather gone. I know it updates once a day (that's the minimum that is set, I believe) but how I do get rid of it entirely.

I'm slightly panicking because the ONLY change that I made between daily SODs and essentially no SODs is turning weather off. Now that it's "on," I have been getting about 1-2 SODs/daily, compared to maybe 1-2/week. I don't want SOD hell to start over again!!

Running stock ROM, Sense.

darren.wlsn1 10-25-2010 01:30 AM

Re: How to turn off Weather

not whats causing sod's but here.

rebelx 10-25-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1980574)
not whats causing sod's but here.

thanks, but that turn off weather updating entirely? i dont even want it to register what city i'm in for weather. it might not cause SOD but it definitely makes me feel better :/

w7excursion 10-25-2010 02:01 AM

I agree with darren. You might just be a cell phone killa lol.

darren.wlsn1 10-25-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelx (Post 1980588)
thanks, but that turn off weather updating entirely? i dont even want it to register what city i'm in for weather. it might not cause SOD but it definitely makes me feel better :/

use spb shell then. funny how the mind works though.

rebelx 10-25-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1980597)
use spb shell then. funny how the mind works though.

that requires the $$$ though, doesn't it? i had a cheap (read: free) stable rom going and all of a sudden i mucked it up :/

darren.wlsn1 10-25-2010 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebelx (Post 1980603)
that requires the $$$ though, doesn't it? i had a cheap (read: free) stable rom going and all of a sudden i mucked it up :/

ya its not free but sprints 6.5 update is garbage so why not just unlock/flash?

rebelx 10-25-2010 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1980605)
ya its not free but sprints 6.5 update is garbage so why not just unlock/flash?

i've been following the energy rom but there have been a few people complaining about speed + batt life with the newest release, so i'm holding off till that gets addressed. i was ready to jump till i read that stuff :/

boredandtattooed 10-25-2010 11:21 AM

why not go into settings and remove the weather tab??? sense settings>personalize>tabs>remove weather

and if your using cookie, you can select a clock WITHOUT weather as well.. from homescreen hit menu(right soft key)>edit home layout>level 1 main>advanced(right soft key)>show clock>select "original flip clock without weather...(or other clocks will do the same as well)

thatll equal no weather anywhere on your phone..

demonlordoftheround 10-25-2010 11:30 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

From the Home tab/menu disable location and Settings tab/location switch location to off.