PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Backup Woes (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135797)

quaay 10-21-2010 08:41 PM

Backup Woes

Hey everyone,

My Touch Pro 2 has never performed exactly how I expected it to. It's always been kind of sluggish, but recently it has frozen on sms screens and frequently turned itself off for no reason whatsoever (sometimes i would reset it 10 times a day). So I decided to bite the bullet an do a hard reset (i really didn't want to), I backed up my stuff through both Microsoft My Phone and Sprite.

The speed has improved a lot and I was generally very pleased at how well the My Phone software worked, however, and i'm not sure if this is a My Phone problem or Touch Pro 2 problem, but when in the all messages view not all texts are there and the numbers in brackets beside the texts that are wrong. For example: messages from Tom might be 150, so it would say Tom (150), however after the backup it might say Tom (4), yet I still have access to the 150 messages. It's not super super detrimental, but it is annoying the hell out of me because i like to know these things. And also have access to the rest of the messages.

So is there anyway to like rebuild the sms database or something?

Thanks,
Ben

horndoctor 10-21-2010 09:18 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

You do realize the reason why your device gets sluggish is because you are keeping so many text messages right?

quaay 10-21-2010 09:31 PM

Re: Backup Woes

"You do realize the reason why your device gets sluggish is because you are keeping so many text messages right?"

Good point. I understand how that would effect the messaging facility, but i don't see how that effects general operation.

horndoctor 10-21-2010 09:47 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by quaay
"You do realize the reason why your device gets sluggish is because you are keeping so many text messages right?"

Good point. I understand how that would effect the messaging facility, but i don't see how that effects general operation.

Well, it's just a known characteristic of WinMo that I hoped you had heard about.
Multiple saved texts really slow down the whole device.

austin420 10-21-2010 09:50 PM

Re: Backup Woes

not winmo per se, ,but i thought the problem was with sense ui or touchflo. massive amounts of text bog down the ui.

horndoctor 10-21-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420
not winmo per se, ,but i thought the problem was with sense ui or touchflo. massive amounts of text bog down the ui.

True. You may be dead on.