PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium
Threadstarter

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any good reason to use a cook ROM?

Now this is confusing. I dont know what to do.

I have paid for WMWifirouter from back in the WM6.1 days on my Treo Pro days and I am using it on my TP2. What else am I missing?
Old 10-18-2010, 09:31 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

technically, theres nothing on a Cooked Rom, that cant be done on a Stock Rom....wait, aside from MaxSense i believe

as far as the Most Popular-thatd be MIghty Rom, then NRG, next probably VINs Roms, MaxSense, Medium Hill...

Roms are updated sometimes within a weeks time, thats why Threads on "the best rom" dont work... they change/update to often
Old 10-18-2010, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Is there any good reason to use a cook ROM?
Because we can! Like other members posted It's hard to pick one ROM. While one has goodies built in it lacks stability, speed, etc. and vice versa.

It may seem overwhelming with so much to choose from but just have your backup current so you can revert back within minutes.Have fun with it.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JAmerican is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

I have paid for WMWifirouter from back in the WM6.1 days on my Treo Pro days and I am using it on my TP2. What else am I missing?
WMWifiRouter, I also purchased, for my Treo 800w. I use it on my Touch Pro 2 just fine. I recommend if you try custom ROMs that you have the stock ROMs on your computer just in case you need to do a quick flash back. Also, download the Relocker which is on the same website page you get the HSPL Unlocker from. The Relocker is closer to the bottom of the page.

Also, if you have a refurbished unit, your choice of custom ROMs become limited because refurbs don't seem to like the nochem 1% battery mod. They prevent you from charging from wall charger, which sucks.

JA
Old 10-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

I would suggest the nrg rom, it is very usable just the way it comes...
Old 10-18-2010, 10:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

tyhart44 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Have you read a single post before making this thread??
Good lord, your post is seriously everything that is wrong with these boards all in one fell swoop.

I have little experience with flashing...only tried MightyRom 5/24/10 (I know it's not SE or FF...not sure what basic version is called). I have never updated the version or anything...seems as stable as stock and with some things already set up like tethering, long press 'x' to close program, UC Customize, and no startup wav. I guess for me, it's always just seemed like a lot of the little things are taken care of, bloatware removed, an maybe a small bump in speed (although overclocking made big changes there). I'm a little freaked about reflashing, Task29'ing, or relocking, but I rest easy it's at least a little better than stock. I just cringe a little when I have a Sprint rep look at my phone!
Old 10-19-2010, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

Better than me, I'm still using stock. Every time I swing by music tab, the memory will be eaten up to less than 30MB. But the 6.5 works just fine with fewer problem then the 6.1 on my diamond, that one I need to reset almost daily. I have 6.5.5 on diamond, found the bottom bar was so big on that small screen.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

jimmy82 is a n00b

only reason i hate cook roms are the constant updates. just when you thought you have phone configured the way you want it, updated roms come out.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy82 View Post
only reason i hate cook roms are the constant updates. just when you thought you have phone configured the way you want it, updated roms come out.
+1
Old 10-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

When I purchased my TP2 my first impression was :
1)WTF lol.It was loaded with WM 6.1 and I knew that SYS WM 6.5 competed and WM 6.5.X work-in-progress also available (in packages)
2)What to do? Flashed couple famous ROMs
3)WM 6.5 Official ROM is out and again,WTF? There are stable WM 6.5.X
4)What to do? Flash custom WM 6.5.X untill official comes out (not gonna happen though)

The point is if you want to see what MS is up to,then try WM 6.5.X.Otherwise shipped ROM can be configured without flashing

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2