PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   OCT 1.5 (overclock tool) Repack with Icons / Startup shortcut (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133992)

NinjaDuck 09-19-2010 03:57 PM

OCT 1.5 (overclock tool) Repack with Icons / Startup shortcut

4 Attachment(s)
I have waited for the author's approval to post a repack, but have not gotten any response. If there is any objections, I will delete the post upon being notified.

The following repack adds the following:
  • Moves icons to the Tools folder instead of root start menu
  • Adds icons (with style) for ON/OFF/CONFIG
  • Creates a shortcut to start with windows automatically
  • The possibility to crash your phone by setting the speed to something that crashes your phone.
    • If you do this, the startup link will continue to reset it to that speed and cause you to have to do a hard reset.
To restore your settings during UC/XDAUC/Sashimi/Whatever, simply export the following registry key:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\OCT]

Enjoy

thewahlrus 09-19-2010 04:43 PM

Re: OCT 1.5 (overclock tool) Repack with Icons / Startup shortcut

Thanks man.

chardog 09-19-2010 08:28 PM

doest seen to save settings on reboot

NinjaDuck 09-19-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chardog (Post 1949392)
doest seen to save settings on reboot

I did not write the tool, I just repacked it. I found that you have to stop and start it to get it to save the settings. Try it and let me know if it worked for you.

chardog 09-20-2010 12:03 AM

ok, but the pack also would not uninstall. Might be a phone problem though because the oct 15 itself was acting strangely on this phone as well. Not saving settings. I'll try the stop stay trick when my cousin around, my phone works fine with oct.

NinjaDuck 09-20-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chardog (Post 1949517)
ok, but the pack also would not uninstall. Might be a phone problem though because the oct 15 itself was acting strangely on this phone as well. Not saving settings. I'll try the stop stay trick when my cousin around, my phone works fine with oct.

You need to unload the app before uninstalling. If you still have a problem, let me know and I will test.

chardog 09-20-2010 01:18 AM

yeah, not sure how to unload it, but I stopped the program before trying uninstall it. So I deleted the shortcut in the startup, restarted, and then tried to uninstall, and still no go. It might just be the phone, it had a lot of bugs to start with.

horndoctor 09-20-2010 01:37 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chardog
yeah, not sure how to unload it, but I stopped the program before trying uninstall it. So I deleted the shortcut in the startup, restarted, and then tried to uninstall, and still no go. It might just be the phone, it had a lot of bugs to start with.

What happens when you click oct_stop?
Do you get a message?

chardog 09-20-2010 02:06 AM

I only tried the enable/disable in the gui. anyhow, the phone is out of my hands now and running default oct settings and working fine I guess. Probably wont see it for another week.

frankie161 09-28-2010 09:42 AM

I'm having the same uninstall problem. Tried stoping the program before uninstalling but no luck. Anyone other suggestions?