PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

kporter1500 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
text message lock

Is there an app that will allow me to lock my text message inbox???
Old 06-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

what do you mean by 'lock'?

Are you not wanting to receive text messages?

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-13-2011, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

kporter1500 is a n00b
Re: text message lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

what do you mean by 'lock'?

Are you not wanting to receive text messages?
No I definitely want to keep receiving them...Im talking about having to have a passcode to view messages in my sms inbox...so when people try to invade your privacy they can't get into it...

Last edited by kporter1500; 06-13-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

so how about a pin code on the lock screen of the entire phone....?

This would help keep prying eyes out of the entire phone.

This only works when the phone had been booted...on a restart the phone is unlocked so no pin to enter.

From a quick google search, XDA had similar questions:
Password Protect SMS/ MMS - xda-developers

Seems most of them in the link above go no where.....

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/SM...MS-59592.shtml

I don't use any of these but did find this one in a couple of M$ chat sessions on the subject.

Here is maybe a better one:
http://www.smartphonegurus.com/forum...indows-mobile/
Not free but if your looking to keep secure, only $20.

And last edit:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=580566
This is one I used for a bit but took off after I got tired of the password....it does what it says....and its free and if you have issues can post on XDA what your issues are.

Last edited by PPCFreak; 06-13-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:21 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:

This only works when the phone had been booted...on a restart the phone is unlocked so no pin to enter.

Download Ez Secret SMS 2.0 for Windows Mobile PocketPC Free Trial - Keep your SMS private with Ez Secret SMS. - Softpedia

I don't use any of these but did find this one in a couple of M$ chat sessions on the subject.

how to encrypt and hide sms windows mobile - Smartphone Gurus

And last edit:
[APP]Filter Rules for SMS 4.6 (UPDATED 23rd-March) - xda-developers
This is one I used for a bit but took off after I got tired of the password....it does what it says....and its free and if you have issues can post on XDA what your issues are.
would like to make a couple of corrections here.

1) the lock screen can be set to pop up everytime the device wakes up from sleep or at a minute interval. however this has been proven to be buggy in the stock 6.5 rom which is what the OP is using, it works flawlessly in 6.1 and older as I had been using it on my Dell axim x51v till I got tired of having to enter the password everytime.

2) its MS not M$ that's annoying as hell. its no different than those iDiots or Linux lunatics out there when they say things like windoze,winblows,microshaft,and microshit.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

i am mobile at the moment, but do a search for SMSFilter... it filters specific contact's incoming texts into a locked password protected area.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Almost a VIP

yes smsfilter will do it. i am mobile at the moment as well otherwise I would like it for you.

The xda post has sms filter cab at the bottom of first post.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341
Quote:

Download Ez Secret SMS 2.0 for Windows Mobile PocketPC Free Trial - Keep your SMS private with Ez Secret SMS. - Softpedia

how to encrypt and hide sms windows mobile - Smartphone Gurus

And last edit:
[APP]Filter Rules for SMS 4.6 (UPDATED 23rd-March) - xda-developers
would like to make a couple of corrections here.

1) the lock screen can be set to pop up everytime the device wakes up from sleep or at a minute interval. however this has been proven to be buggy in the stock 6.5 rom which is what the OP is using, it works flawlessly in 6.1 and older as I had been using it on my Dell axim x51v till I got tired of having to enter the password everytime.

2) its MS not M$ that's annoying as hell. its no different than those iDiots or Linux lunatics out there when they say things like windoze,winblows,microshaft,and microshit.
sorry to offend you with the wrong abbrv. for MS.........

#1. try the lock screen with a pin....as stated with wm6.5 its very buggy and not generally recommended.
Also with PIN on the lock screen, this does not come up when you restart the device leaving it wide open till it sleeps or you press the power/lock key.
So easily defeats using the pin code if someone gets ur phone and does a simple restart.

From what I have seen, smsfilter is the safest method if only wanting to hide the sms/certain sms messages.

Oops....suppose the 'ur' is not correct either...
Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I used to use the pin lock and it always came up when restarting and after the minute intervals or sleep and wake. who knows to pull off the battery cover to restart a tp2 anyway besides all of us here on the forum?
Old 06-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Almost a VIP

thats just it.....a quick google search and you got it.

so not so secure any more....

Think of it this way, loose your phone. Even if you have a PIN on the lock screen, someone can still get into it and find all your stuff.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2