PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2 rocks! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133957)

xxlarge 09-18-2010 09:45 PM

TP2 rocks!

Ok I know the forum cops are gonna come jump on my back, but anyway I started this post as a follow up to the last post i started. I had a post called I messed up. After getting jumped on by various veteran posters and getting the post locked, I'm back. I said that I was leaving TP2 for the evo.

Tonight I'm eating my words and saying that I was wrong! First of all I was* going to leave for the evo, but that has been put on hold. The android ports blazn and reference have truly opened my eyes. The TP2 runs WM and android? what what? This truly rocks...I may have to hang around a bit and see what else it can do well. :)

ooxteme 09-18-2010 10:23 PM

Re: TP2 rocks!

o there is much more it will run, BoredandTattoed has half the worlds OS's running on his. People that move to Android come back and hate on it but this lil tropper will do so much more IMO!!!

smileyface22 09-18-2010 11:48 PM

Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Yea I run Android as well as Rhobuntu on mine! Combined with being able to overclock our devices the TP2 is back in good shape. :)

eric12341 09-19-2010 02:01 AM

lol it got closed? I didn't know that,usually they don't there's another one goin on now for some reason. seems that the mods favor android over WM as well. and almost all of them have android phones too,ill probably get censored for this but who cares? android devices aren't true ppcs

JAmerican 09-19-2010 05:29 AM

I tried Android and I hate how the OS randomly opens applications that I wasn't using because they are some way linked to the home screen's widgets. At least in Windows Mobile, if a process is open, it's because you opened it or told the OS to open it at Startup. I'll stick with Windows Mobile.

boredandtattooed 09-19-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooxteme (Post 1948789)
o there is much more it will run, BoredandTattoed has half the worlds OS's running on his. People that move to Android come back and hate on it but this lil tropper will do so much more IMO!!!

speaking of ME, check My SIG OP, youll see what ooxteme is talking about..

and Yes, OP, the TP2 still kicks alot of ass!! lol

demonlordoftheround 09-19-2010 12:27 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Overclock, hotspot, android. The Touch Pro 2 really does it all now.

mxl180 09-19-2010 12:48 PM

Overclocking is the the TP2 what a heart defibulator is to an 90 year old.

That being said i'm enjoying the defibulator...live on!

oldpueblo 09-19-2010 09:01 PM

Having been using a Droid Incredible for the last few weeks I can say Android is really nice. Though to be honest I severely miss the TP2 keyboard and battery life, both of those put the Incredible to shame and both make my job harder to do on the Incredible. :( If they ever get the port fully functional and reliable I can actually see myself coming BACK from the Incredible.

aman1127 09-20-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxl180 (Post 1949121)
Overclocking is the the TP2 what a heart defibulator is to an 90 year old.

That being said i'm enjoying the defibulator...live on!

Haha it gives you time. Another reason I jumped ship (other than the crippled OS issue, but I loved my phone) was because of the rumored specs of the TP3. I know there is nothing concrete out but it was supposed to have like 700mHz or so. I wouldnt it put it past HTC to be honest after unveiling the long awaited G2 (i know its android but 800 Mhz) and the Aria (sorry, more android but 600Mhz).

I personally think any new device regardless of OS should have 1gHz at the least because its been a year now that 1gHz devices have been out. Where are the scorpion processors that we have been reading about for over a year? oh yeah Q3 2011. Thanks qualcomm

That being said, my favorite device I have ever owned was the Tmo Dash with winmo Standard. I with it had like 600mHz opposed to 256 and a touch screen. To be honest, I would still have that if it had better specs.