PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Text Messages Freeze Phone-Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133707)

snooprob40 09-14-2010 03:27 PM

Text Messages Freeze Phone-Touch Pro 2

I'm having an interesting phenomenon happen when I get text messages at night that are left unchecked. When I wake up in the morning and see that I have new text messages that came in, my phone for the most part is frozen. I have to attempt to get to the task manager to force shut the SMS, upon which point the phone becomes active again. I remember a similar issue with the Touch Pro which leads me to believe this may be a Windows Mobile OS issue. Anyone have any thoughts or suggesstions to repair?

head honch 09-14-2010 04:18 PM

Re: Text Messages Freeze Phone-Touch Pro 2

u probably have a ton of TXT Msgs try deleting some i just deleted about 2000 txts today and my Sense UI is running alot faster

eric12341 09-14-2010 06:39 PM

oh n00bs n00bs all u have to do is flash a 6.1 rom and that problem will go away, i have about a whole months worth of tests now and still havent seen that issue. and back on my tp the whole time i was on the stock 2.01 rom i havent had that issue but as soon as i upgraded to a 6.5 rom (same amount of txts) there that issue was, so its clearly a 6.5 issue.

crazed_z06 09-14-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snooprob40 (Post 1944484)
I'm having an interesting phenomenon happen when I get text messages at night that are left unchecked. When I wake up in the morning and see that I have new text messages that came in, my phone for the most part is frozen. I have to attempt to get to the task manager to force shut the SMS, upon which point the phone becomes active again. I remember a similar issue with the Touch Pro which leads me to believe this may be a Windows Mobile OS issue. Anyone have any thoughts or suggesstions to repair?

Mine would have this problem when I got over a 200 texts.. It would freeze when exiting the txt msg program and sometimes Id have to take the battery out because the phone became completely unresponsive... It started happening after I upgraded to 6.5.. there's a multipage thread about on it if you do a search.

My "solution" was just to delete txts after I got about 100 or so.

eric12341 09-14-2010 07:56 PM

my solution is better

Straitup27 09-14-2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1944734)
my solution is better

in your opinion,not everybody wants to use a 6.1 rom

eric12341 09-14-2010 10:49 PM

but to delete texts defeats the purpose of threaded texting its a bug in 6.5

creedo 09-15-2010 12:44 AM

My text doesn't load up insanely fast or anything but it's never frozen as you described (on 6.5 with threaded text).

I honestly think it's just the number of texts. Clean up the useless conversations, delete old texts and picture messages. I don't think it's a bug if the thing can't handle thousands of texts, it's just meant to handle a reasonable number.

eric12341 09-15-2010 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedo (Post 1945022)
My text doesn't load up insanely fast or anything but it's never frozen as you described (on 6.5 with threaded text).

I honestly think it's just the number of texts. Clean up the useless conversations, delete old texts and picture messages. I don't think it's a bug if the thing can't handle thousands of texts, it's just meant to handle a reasonable number.

no its a bug. why is it that I can have all my texts on a 6.1 with very little or no lag yet the same amount of texts on 6.5 brings the phone to a standstill? explain that.

redd214 09-15-2010 06:56 PM

dude, why do you blame everything on 6.5?? its seems like the only advice you ever give is "flash a 6.1 rom, 6.5 blows". not every issue can be attributed to someone running a 6.5 build, in fact majority of the issues that you suggest are caused be 6.5 I have never ever had and thats all i run on my tp2. its obvious you prefer 6.1 and thats fine, but dont chalk up every problem to 6.5 when its an inaccurate assumption.