PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Phone shutting off when sliding keyboard out (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133324)

ThrottleAbuse 09-08-2010 06:48 PM

Phone shutting off when sliding keyboard out

It started a few weeks ago and I though it was a ROM issue. Now it is happening more often. Seems when I slide the keyboard in or out it shuts the phone off. Like I am taking the battery out our something. Anyone else have this problem? I am wondering if my phone needs to be replaced?

hypeo 09-08-2010 07:18 PM

Re: Phone shutting off when sliding keyboard out

I had that same issue a while back. Try cleaning the battery contacts. I eventually ended up swapping phones through the repair center. The problem came back after a few weeks.

ThrottleAbuse 09-08-2010 07:56 PM

I will give it a try. 5 row keyboard Android phone where are you??????????????

mrprism133 09-08-2010 08:08 PM

samsung epic
ooops didnt see that you were on verizon

quick99si 09-08-2010 08:23 PM

I got money on a loose cable ribbon just like the previous user (his shuts down when typing)

puff601 09-08-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quick99si (Post 1938989)
I got money on a loose cable ribbon just like the previous user (his shuts down when typing)

+1 i had that same issue on my mogul. i took it apart and sure enough the ribbon cable had almost split in half. take it in for a replacement

gono666 09-09-2010 08:55 AM

Since i replaced my tp for my tp2 thats the only problem i had with this phone (after goin through 4-5 tp) and it was a hardware issue i thought it was opera 10 beta at the time because it was the latest software i had installed,i got mine replaced for a new tp2 at the repair center,they didnt even try fixing it there,so dont bother flashing or doing hard resets, its a hardware issue, im 110% sure about this.
Good Luck!

ThrottleAbuse 09-09-2010 07:14 PM

Ok. Well if I continue to have issues with it I will take it in for repairs. Do I still need to flash back to stock ROM and lock the phone or whatever like in the past?

kroewe 09-09-2010 08:32 PM

i had the same issue, phone shutting off when i shut the keyboard.
i figured out that the little plastic separators between the 4 contacts on the battery were broken and when i would slide the keyboard shut it would jog the battery over and short it out.
not sure if this is the same problem you have or not, but worth checking out.

sdwig 09-10-2010 11:02 PM

I too had this problem. I took it into Verizon and the tech stated the battery was bad and replaced it. Since I have gotten the new battery it has never happened again. If you felt the battery there was a slight bulge to it. Again sounds like it could be a lot of things but in my case it was just the battery.