PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Paper weight after Task 29 - what to do (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131064)

tryinghard 08-07-2010 10:21 PM

Paper weight after Task 29 - what to do

I just flashed task 29. After flashing Task 29 my screen shows Touch Pro2. After removing battery when I put the battery back the phone automatically shows touch pro 2 again. I tried getting into the bootloader by pressing power button then volume down but nothing happens, I am trying to flash vin rom. I had Mighty ROM...

Help PLZZZ

badb4c 08-07-2010 10:47 PM

Re: Paper weight after Task 29 - what to do

That is exactly what it is supposed to do. You now do not have a rom on your phone. Don't hit both keys at the exact same time. Try the power button first, hold it, then hit volume down. Or the other way around. It will work.

darren.wlsn1 08-07-2010 10:59 PM

just flash vins rom after task29, your not bricked.

tryinghard 08-08-2010 12:17 AM

Thanks guys, the phone shut off on its own and I was able to get into boot loader. I am not sure why it would not power down completly initially.

sjs01 08-08-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tryinghard (Post 1903272)
Thanks guys, the phone shut off on its own and I was able to get into boot loader. I am not sure why it would not power down completly initially.

Just for future reference, if you flash task29 again. Take out the battery after the flash, then Before you put the battery in hold down the volume down key, and the top power button, then insert the battery. That way you shouldn't have any issues getting into bootloader mode.

Oditius 08-08-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjs01 (Post 1903483)
Just for future reference, if you flash task29 again. Take out the battery after the flash, then Before you put the battery in hold down the volume down key, and the top power button, then insert the battery. That way you shouldn't have any issues getting into bootloader mode.

First would be to unplug the phone from the computer. :mrgreen:

Don't know how many times this has messed people up. :violent1: But I have made the same mistake several times. ](*,)

Straitup27 08-08-2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjs01 (Post 1903483)

or you could just soft reset while holding down the volume down button :mrgreen:

sjs01 08-08-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oditius (Post 1903485)
First would be to unplug the phone from the computer. :mrgreen:

Don't know how many times this has messed people up. :violent1: But I have made the same mistake several times. ](*,)

Hahaha yes unplugging it from your computer is a very good idea \\:D/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straitup27 (Post 1903546)
or you could just soft reset while holding down the volume down button :mrgreen:

That works too, but if you're like me and you lost your stylus, taking out the battery is the next best thing. That and I've found it easier to just take out the batter and hold the volume key. 8)

tryinghard 08-08-2010 09:29 PM

Thanks everyone, that helps