PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Cookie, Maxsense, Spb Mobile Sense or Android: What's your Choice? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129950)

willysp 07-28-2010 08:04 PM

Re: Cookie, Maxsense, Spb Mobile Sense or Android: What's your Choice?

Like most polls, my answer is "none of the above". Sense is fine for me.

BTW, it's "Mobile Shell", not "Mobile Sense" :)

kern417 07-28-2010 09:09 PM

CHT, I would like Max Sense if it was more stock like or a cab you could put over ROMs. I think the idea was great but the ROM is not usable for me primarily since i hate swype

geeksquad 07-31-2010 05:11 PM

Is there any Cookie roms people generally like on here? And there is a Mobile Sense, its the Formula version. What are the likes and dislikes of Maxsense and Cookie? Are there any Maxsense roms on here people like or are they all memory hogs? Thanks

Amamba 07-31-2010 10:57 PM

I've ran SPB MS with MobileSense for a while, loved it at first, but then noticed that it started to lag. There were also some small annoyances, like absolutely useless weather application, a lot of manual tweaking to change the layouts, incompatibility with some programs, fav contact view that only allowed 4 phone numbers, task list that didn't show due dates (d'uh !) and huge storage usage. At first I was glad to trade storage for memory, but then realized that even with that much RAM, it's not as snappy as TF3D, and it actually became worse with time. So, back to TF3D with Co0kie mod, and so far the bigger memory use doesn't seem to translate into lagging device or closed programs, I can use GPS and listen to music at the same time. The biggest advantage I get with Co0kie mod is improvements in Calendar and Tasks displays, the Task view is actually useful unlike the default WM or SPB's list. Added number of quicklinks is also a plus. Hopefully it will only get better.

stcardinal 07-31-2010 11:36 PM

I use CHT. It was a bit laggy but i've turned off the background for text and it improved the speed by a ton. I normally close my programs and run cleanram every day. Haven't had the need to reboot ever, unless something screws up.

geeksquad 08-01-2010 12:45 PM

Seeing the huge popularity with Cookie, can people recommend their top cookie rom choices?

Wesley762 08-01-2010 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeksquad (Post 1892879)
Seeing the huge popularity with Cookie, can people recommend their top cookie rom choices?

I Prefer not to have Cookies cooked in. that way if when there is a update I don't have to wait for a new Rom to be made to upgrade.

n8mack33 08-01-2010 04:31 PM

CHT and Max are cool but I've had too many memory issues with Winmo 6.5 and Sense 2.5. I'm back to Stock 6.1 with clean up cab from GT2L. There are some things I miss but at least it is snappy. I wish Cookie's was compatible with the original sense that came on 6.1.

sprinttouch666 08-01-2010 04:34 PM

NRG MaxSense == Epic Win

2k4mach 08-01-2010 04:41 PM

cookie most of the time and everyonce in a while ill boot into android and play around