PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Unlocked Touch Pro 2 Carrier Options (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129631)

gwisawesome05 07-24-2010 08:52 PM

Unlocked Touch Pro 2 Carrier Options

I just got an unlocked Touch Pro 2 from ebay, the listing of course stated it could be used with ANY carrier.. I realize this is the case for all the big names (Sprint, ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile..) but I really would prefer to just get on Virgin Mobile.

I don't need a contract since I bought the phone straight up, and $25 a month for unlimited text and data looks amazing to me.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to get my Touch Pro 2 on Virgin Mobile CDMA? Searches turned up random bits here and there and nothing too in depth.

Alternatively, are there any other good carriers that I could use it with? I leave the country fairly often so prepaid/noncontract is a must.

Thanks!!

razorloves 07-24-2010 09:10 PM

Re: Unlocked Touch Pro 2 Carrier Options

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwisawesome05 (Post 1881801)
I just got an unlocked Touch Pro 2 from ebay, the listing of course stated it could be used with ANY carrier.. I realize this is the case for all the big names (Sprint, ATT, Verizon, T-Mobile..) but I really would prefer to just get on Virgin Mobile.

I don't need a contract since I bought the phone straight up, and $25 a month for unlimited text and data looks amazing to me.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to get my Touch Pro 2 on Virgin Mobile CDMA? Searches turned up random bits here and there and nothing too in depth.

Alternatively, are there any other good carriers that I could use it with? I leave the country fairly often so prepaid/noncontract is a must.

Thanks!!

which model tp2 is it? Does it have any carrier branding on it?
unlocked could mean 2 things:
sim unlocked - that would let you use it on any gsm carrier
hardspl unlocked - that just lets you flash custom roms.

unlocked usually is refering to sim unlocked, which would allow it on any gsm carrier... NOT any cdma carrier.

gwisawesome05 07-25-2010 01:14 PM

"This phone has been SIM unlocked AND SID unlocked to work on USA or International CDMA and GSM SIM networks. It can even be re-flashed to work on Metro PCS or CRICKET or use immediately on ANY GSM Networks (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile, NTT, Telcel, Rogers, China Mobile and Vodafone)."

that's from the ebay page. the seller has a ton of good feedback, mostly other TP2's thats why I was so happy, thinking I could get it on Virgin or something like that.

But you are basically saying I can use any SIM based carrier but no CDMA's?
Are there any SIM based services that are close to Virgin Mobile as far as services and price?

Wesley762 07-25-2010 01:49 PM

I would say if your going the route of prepaid I would try boost mobile, that seems to be the more popular.

martypng 08-13-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwisawesome05 (Post 1881801)

BUMP!

I am very interested in this plan as well. (Along with about 12 co-workers who are sick of paying Verizon's ridiculous rates) I am more looking to move Android phones over to VirginMobile. Anyone done this? Thanks!

razorloves 08-13-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martypng (Post 1910394)
BUMP!

I am very interested in this plan as well. (Along with about 12 co-workers who are sick of paying Verizon's ridiculous rates) I am more looking to move Android phones over to VirginMobile. Anyone done this? Thanks!

Virgin mobile only allows virgin mobile branded phones on their network. They are a subsidiary of Sprint and they wont even accept sprint phones on their network. So, it can only happen if you clone an esn, which is against the law and not allowed to discuss on this website.

rdwing 08-14-2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1910477)
Virgin mobile only allows virgin mobile branded phones on their network. They are a subsidiary of Sprint and they wont even accept sprint phones on their network. So, it can only happen if you clone an esn, which is against the law and not allowed to discuss on this website.

which is against the law and not allowed to discuss on this website

Pop in a prepaid GSM sim and you will be good to go, otherwise fugetthaboutit unless you're ready to delve deep deep into CDMA programming.

martypng 08-14-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdwing (Post 1910762)
which is against the law and not allowed to discuss on this website

Pop in a prepaid GSM sim and you will be good to go, otherwise fugetthaboutit unless you're ready to delve deep deep into CDMA programming.

I'm the the US, so Virgin Mobile is CDMA only though. Good thought.

martypng 08-14-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1910477)

-Post deleted-

rdwing 08-14-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martypng (Post 1910905)
I'm the the US, so Virgin Mobile is CDMA only though. Good thought.

wrong??
you have many other options. what about ATT go-phone? also I'm pretty sure t-mobile has some decent prepaid options.

you are far from limited to virgin