PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Stock Rom (MR1) 1st Run Wizard -Navigation Troubles (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129143)

Cresco299 07-19-2010 02:09 PM

Stock Rom (MR1) 1st Run Wizard -Navigation Troubles

First - Great site, nearly everything imaginable has already been posted. So after 3 months of flashing and tinkering this is my first post.

I'm returning my phone under a warranty issue. The screen has become totally unresponsive and Verizon is replacing it w/ a refurb. Fortunately the TP2 has a key pad that has allowed me to make calls and scroll through most options that are available.

To prepare for the return I've flashed MR1 stock rom and was then planning to relock and ship it out. Unfortunately, after loading the MR1 rom, the TP2 is diligently trying to put me through the "Set up Wizard". Because my touch screen isn't responding and the keypad doesn't seem to allow me to proceed through the wizard using the keys, I'm kinda stuck. I can navigate away from the wizard, but for only seconds at a time and then it pops back up. Also, I can no longer make phone calls (maybe the phone feature will work again if I can manage to get through the wizard).

So my questions are:
1) Should I just lock it and leave it like this? I think this would be obvious to whatever tech looks at it that it's been recently flashed thus voiding the warranty. (or do they even look that closely when these get returned?)
2) Should I try flashing Mr. X's MR2? Will that have the same set up wizard at the beginning and then relock from there? (I'm under the impression that I can flash his MR2 update without the phone being locked.)
3) Is there any file that I can delete or alter through ActiveSync that will allow me to prevent the phone from proceeding through the Setup wizard?

-Thanks

ooxteme 07-19-2010 02:13 PM

Re: Stock Rom (MR1) 1st Run Wizard -Navigation Troubles

I know when i had to send my treo pro back that i just left the flashed rom on it and haven't heard anything since. thats with sprint i dont know if verizon is any different? i really dont think they are going to have a tech look at it they pretty much get stipped of all good parts then reassembled and a new refurb is born

Cresco299 07-19-2010 02:20 PM

Wow! You left the custom Rom on and didn't bother relocking it? On second thought I suppose it would be pretty pointless to relock your phone with a custom rom running. I'm probably a little to paranoid to be that blasé.

razorloves 07-20-2010 12:03 PM

just flash stock rom and relock. thats the way everyone does it. most people do a hard reset prior to returning, so the setup wizard would show up after doing that also. doesn't matter. use this if you really want to get past it. http://www.mymobiler.com/

boredandtattooed 07-20-2010 12:14 PM

+1 for mymoblier since your screen is broken

Cresco299 07-20-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1875060)
just flash stock rom and relock. thats the way everyone does it. most people do a hard reset prior to returning, so the setup wizard would show up after doing that also. doesn't matter. use this if you really want to get past it. http://www.mymobiler.com/

Thanks for the info. I did try mymobiler but the there is a little "pop-up" that displays at the bottom of the screen asking if I want to trust the source(mymobiler). And I simply cannot get the the phone to select "Yes". Apparently it will only accept a touch response. But I'll take your advice and re-lock from here.
I appreciate the help everyone.

Cresco299 07-20-2010 01:37 PM

Ok, so now I'm trying to re-lock and I'm encountering the same issue. Running the Re-locker RUU brings a pop-up on screen that says something to the effect of "Program running is from an unknown publisher...." and asks if I want to proceed. But not having the ability to press "yes" the RUU just terminates itself assuming a bad connection.

Am I fudged?

razorloves 07-20-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cresco299 (Post 1875213)
Ok, so now I'm trying to re-lock and I'm encountering the same issue. Running the Re-locker RUU brings a pop-up on screen that says something to the effect of "Program running is from an unknown publisher...." and asks if I want to proceed. But not having the ability to press "yes" the RUU just terminates itself assuming a bad connection.

Am I fudged?

put it in bootloader mode, then run the relocker

Cresco299 07-20-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1875228)
put it in bootloader mode, then run the relocker

You Rock x 1,000

:lol:Thanks again:lol:

DarkLight 07-20-2010 03:19 PM

You can also completely bypass the setup wizard on MR1 by putting a file on the root of a microSD card called "welcome.not". Leave the file empty and boot up from a soft reboot after a flash or hard reboot with the microSD in the slot and it will bypass the wizard and go straight into the phone.

--DL