PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   audio jack stuck, software overide? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128476)

alex jb 07-13-2010 12:37 AM

audio jack stuck, software overide?

Hi folks,
I used to have this issue with my diamond and back with my I-mate Jam, but when pulling the jack plug out and no phone sound occured, some wiggling of the plug in the socket used to do the trick.
With my TP2, this is the first time it's happened and no ammount of wiggling will bring the phone speakers back to life.
Plug in the headphones and all is fine through them.
when using media player, the earphone symbol shows when the jack is inserted and diapears when removed, but no speaker sound. So...

Is there a way to force the speakers back on, regardless of the condition the hardware is reading from the audio jack socket?

I have my TP2 just how I want it and I don't want to have to flash it back to stock to have some clueless numpty at the Sprint store look at it and tell me I need to send it in for repair.

dtrush 07-13-2010 01:11 AM

Re: audio jack stuck, software overide?

I searched these forums like crazy for a solution to this when the same thing happened to mine. My jack would work sometimes, get stuck others. I ended up sending it back to Verizon and they sent me a refurb. Now I've got to send this refurb back because the GPS has gone out in it. I use that function A LOT. Sucks

Sorry for you're issue but I'd send it back if you've got a warranty still.

alex jb 07-13-2010 01:17 AM

Not sure If I have a waranty or not, had the TP2 about 6 months, but unlocked and flased roms from day 1, so may be an extreme pain to put it back.

Software force to on would be better than dealing with Sprint.

nutter218 07-13-2010 01:45 AM

I was running stock when I had this issue. I hard resetted it back to stock and it would have the same effect.

Instead of bringing it into a Sprint Store (Which I can't due to a hairline crack on my screen), I 'jimmied' an openned (or flattened) paper clip along the walls of the jack and it 'detected' that the 'headphones' had been disconnected and reactivated the phone speakers.

nrfitchett4 07-13-2010 06:25 AM

soft reset with no headphones in and it will reset it if it is a software problem.
If this does not work, it is probably a hardware problem that you cannot fix.

boredandtattooed 07-13-2010 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1863221)
soft reset with no headphones in and it will reset it if it is a software problem.
If this does not work, it is probably a hardware problem that you cannot fix.

+1 this is kinda common

Hypnotic2010 07-13-2010 09:14 AM

For kicks, see what you can fiddle within your registry under
HKLM/System/State/Hardware
You may be able to enable/disable your headset, speakers, etc.
Im not sure if it will accept the changes if there is stuck/shorted hardware though, but it may be worth a look..

one80oneday 07-13-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutter218 (Post 1863120)
I 'jimmied' an openned (or flattened) paper clip along the walls of the jack and it 'detected' that the 'headphones' had been disconnected and reactivated the phone speakers.

My headphones got stuck once on my Sprint TP2. Tired hard resets and soft resets with no luck. I actually stuck my stylus in and wiggled it around and it worked. I haven't had the problem again. Good Luck!