PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint TP2 Volume Increase (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127490)

eric12341 09-26-2010 06:24 PM

Re: Sprint TP2 Volume Increase

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1957162)
try making the reg edits i posted... search your registry for "vol" and change them all to "FFFFFFFF". that always made the headphones louder for me, micro usb and regular headphones. the cab doesnt seem to make the headphones louder...

yea I did notice that my earpiece during calls is louder but that isn't what I want.

puff601 09-26-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1957166)
yea I did notice that my earpiece during calls is louder but that isn't what I want.

thats strange. those vol reg edits definitely make my headphones louder too... not much louder, but i can notice a difference. i also tested using a car cdplayer with a 3.5mm jack in front... i usually would have to have the volume on 30 before the reg edits. after the reg edits, putting the volume on 20 is now just as loud as 30 was before the edits

bobturismo 09-27-2010 01:06 AM

For you guys with Sprint, you can do the mod I outlined here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...r-clearer.html

The cover blocks the speaker because of the other carriers phones battery covers aren't designed with holes where as the Sprint is, but they probably use the same paper backing on the cover, so the holes are covered.

My speaker is VERY loud and I don't even have it turned all the way up, I have the volume not maxed to keep the speaker from distorting and one day breaking.

horndoctor 09-27-2010 01:18 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I found this thread a while back but never tried the cab. I am pretty happy with the sound output I am currently getting and I am a little leary of these volume tweaks because I have installed others in the past that screwed up vibrate functions on my Diamond which was annoying.
Has anyone noticed any issues with vibrate alerts not functioning properly or any other issues after installing the cab?

chumpster 09-27-2010 01:46 AM

I've been following this thread for awhile, and I finally decided to try it.

It works and it is much louder. In fact, it is so loud that I wondering if there is a setting where the volume can be set somewhere between this tweak and the stock volume setting. Don't get me wrong, I like the increase in volume; but even at the lowest volume setting, it is kind of loud (may be if I could get more resolution on the volume control it would be better).

As far as vibrate alerts are concerned, I have only received 2 calls on vibrate mode, and they seemed to have worked. I probably need to use it for a couple of more days before I can give you more info on the vibrate alerts.

horndoctor 09-27-2010 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chumpster (Post 1957526)
I've been following this thread for awhile, and I finally decided to try it.

It works and it is much louder. In fact, it is so loud that I wondering if there is a setting where the volume can be set somewhere between this tweak and the stock volume setting. Don't get me wrong, I like the increase in volume; but even at the lowest volume setting, it is kind of loud (may be if I could get more resolution on the volume control it would be better).

As far as vibrate alerts are concerned, I have only received 2 calls on vibrate mode, and they seemed to have worked. I probably need to use it for a couple of more days before I can give you more info on the vibrate alerts.

Cool!
I'm curious about your findings.
Thanks for your info so far! :)

puff601 09-27-2010 02:53 AM

@ horn, ive been using this cab a couple weeks and havent noticed any issues @ all with the vibrate function or any other issues. also, the cab is fully uninstallable i highly reccomend this cab! :cool:

@ chumpster if this one is too loud, try the audiopara file that i posted a couple pages back. just drop it into your windows folder and soft reset. if you ever decide you dont like it, just delete the file from your windows folder and the stock file will reappear. i hope this helps you guys.

Maxx134 09-27-2010 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1957129)
cool, its working great for me too. in addition to this cab i also use resco registry and search for "vol" and "volume". i then change them all to hex value "FFFFFFFF". this is max volume. maybe that will help some of you too. i noticed that the reg entries make it a little louder than just the cab alone.

if i make a list of all the vol and volume reg entries, can someone add those entries into the cab file for me?

Shure , pm me da info and Ill do it 4 ya :study:

Maxx134 09-27-2010 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobturismo (Post 1957507)
For you guys with Sprint, you can do the mod I outlined here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...r-clearer.html

The cover blocks the speaker because of the other carriers phones battery covers aren't designed with holes where as the Sprint is, but they probably use the same paper backing on the cover, so the holes are covered.

My speaker is VERY loud and I don't even have it turned all the way up, I have the volume not maxed to keep the speaker from distorting and one day breaking.

Haha yea I did this mod!
I almost messed it up, but I removed the inner layer and still had the mesh and it gave me a nice boost in sound:thumbleft:
Edit: the mod changed the sound as it is less muffled or constricted and has more natural midrange.

chumpster 09-27-2010 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1957544)
@ chumpster if this one is too loud, try the audiopara file that i posted a couple pages back. just drop it into your windows folder and soft reset. if you ever decide you dont like it, just delete the file from your windows folder and the stock file will reappear. i hope this helps you guys.

Thanks. I am trying your file. The volume does seem a bit lower then the original cab file (which is what I am looking for) I'll try it for a couple of days and report back.

eric12341 09-27-2010 04:22 PM

those of u who actually got the increase are very lucky. I can't get any of the cabs to work on my TP2 for nothing. it is driving me crazy almost to the point where I'll download and install the SRS wow HD cab but I don't know what side effect that will have so I'm waiting on the "vol" tweak cab now.

Maxx134 09-27-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1958064)
those of u who actually got the increase are very lucky. I can't get any of the cabs to work on my TP2 for nothing. it is driving me crazy almost to the point where I'll download and install the SRS wow HD cab but I don't know what side effect that will have so I'm waiting on the "vol" tweak cab now.

what rom are you using?
Since your waiting I guess I'll take a look :-\"

eric12341 09-27-2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 1958259)
what rom are you using?
Since your waiting I guess I'll take a look :-\"

I'm using the sprint basics rom. its 6.1 build 21057, its kinda like stock but tweaked,has sense 2.1 and the higher build number.

Maxx134 09-28-2010 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1958418)
I'm using the sprint basics rom. its 6.1 build 21057, its kinda like stock but tweaked,has sense 2.1 and the higher build number.

This is an excellent rom I was going to try, but I know its good.
There is your problem, it is 6.1, so the registry is prob a little different.
For 6.1, try a "briggs audiopara3" cab I wil post.

The ipolesion cab has a slightly newer audiopara.csv file in it and it is renamed with specific reg entries for device to see it.

I also will post a tweaked version to TEST..LEMMY KNOW IF IT WORKS BETTER!

Don't download unless you are willing to test, as I just wokeup and haven't tested it, so please don't try unless your willing to break you volume haha.
If so just uninstall :p

I followed member "Puff601" post on page 4, and modded the reg with his suggestions.
I did not mess with any bluetooth or handset reg, only main volume and call volumes. so don't worry about that, as when I looked it was all setup good anyway.

Here it is::toothy10:
EDIT: test cab pulled due to re-editing & improving..

kevintmr 09-28-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 1958593)

The ipolesion cab has a slightly newer audiopara.csv file in it and it is renamed with specific reg entries for device to see it.

Don't download unless you are willing to test, as I just wokeup and haven't tested it, so please don't try unless your willing to break you volume haha.

I followed member "Puff601" post on page 4, and modded the reg with his suggestions.
I did not mess with any bluetooth or handset reg, only main volume and call volumes. so don't worry about that, as when I looked it was all setup good anyway.

That is untrue. I've always run the stock sprint 6.1 TF3D shipped rom and executing the instructions in my first post definitely works. I also tried the cab after a hard reset and it too worked. Its really simple...the modified audiopara file is placed in \windows and the reg edit makes the registry point to this file.

eric12341 09-28-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 1958593)

I did not mess with any bluetooth or hand set reg, only main volume and call volumes. so don't worry about that, as when I looked it was all setup good anyway.

tried them both, didn't work. looks like a flash to stock 6.1 is in the future.

Maxx134 09-28-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevintmr (Post 1958620)
That is untrue. I've always run the stock sprint 6.1 TF3D shipped rom and executing the instructions in my first post definitely works. I also tried the cab after a hard reset and it too worked. Its really simple...the modified audiopara file is placed in \windows and the reg edit makes the registry point to this file.

I stand corrected.. thanks for clearing that up...
Edit : I sounded cranky and just realized you are threadstarter! lol
I hope this cab is better now than Briggs cab, but I dunno,
but since I added the extra reg changes I can rest assured it should be more if not equal to for loudest volume.
I ASSUMED the cab name was the threadstarter, when you should be taking the credit, so thanks and
let me know if you want me to rename a cab or cab a file for you,
As I will give you full credit!

Now t clear one statement:
It is untrue for all but HIS rom, clearly none is working, so his setup, which includes registry is different.

MOVING ON:
So I am now running the modded cab with extra edits posted above and all is well,
BUT, I have not tested original cab to compare if it give an extra increase in boost.
I am assuming it does, because more than half reg changes were less than max volume.
So any input on the new cab would be appreciated.

Maxx134 09-28-2010 03:17 PM

one more round of edits to try would be the "attenuation", as I forgot which setting is best for this.
I remember in older thread it was decided upon for best setting.
As of now I remember the attenuation is at , or near 1, but could also be set to zero.
I will try 2day but any input would be helpful..

puff601 09-28-2010 04:24 PM

thanks maxx! i am about to try the cab with reg edits added and let you know. there are also a few other edits i made... yea i also noticed that the volume is not set anywhere near full volume. i know the reg edits make it louder because @ one point and time all i used was the reg edits and i noticed it was louder than stock so the audiopara + these edits will definitely help each other. i know i searched volume as well. give me about 30 minutes and i will post all of the edits i use :cool.

Hey op, thanks for this great tweak, glad to see you in here.

AZTECHKA 09-28-2010 04:29 PM

It worked for me but the added volume also addes some audible distortion.
I just keep my volume down a little. Don't want to uninstall because it works well with my external sound sourses. (powered speakers, car etc.)
p.

Maxx134 09-28-2010 06:30 PM

kevintmr and puff601, please read my PMs so we can finish this..
Update:
I am currently comparing the AudioPara files of different sources and it it holding true so far that this file has louder settings in a few places in the file, and I am not sure why it wasn't done before...
I am tempted to edit it but for now i am just comparing, as I have no experience with these files..

Kris443 09-29-2010 01:43 PM

post #2 iPollesion's cab works great for me!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

eric12341 09-29-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris443 (Post 1960205)
post #2 iPollesion's cab works great for me!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

yea it may work for you but it doesn't work for me. the idea is to make sure that the tweaks are workin for everyone.

Kris443 09-29-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1960375)
yea it may work for you but it doesn't work for me. the idea is to make sure that the tweaks are workin for everyone.

That's impossible...

eric12341 09-29-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris443 (Post 1960407)
That's impossible...

no it isn't novato baboso.

Kris443 09-29-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1960427)

slobbering rookie???????? :spin:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

eric12341 09-29-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris443 (Post 1960450)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

nope something I can't repeat in english,lets not throw off this thread.

Maxx134 09-29-2010 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris443 (Post 1960407)
That's impossible...

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1960427)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris443 (Post 1960450)

haha you guys.
eric12341, try this cab below..
EDIT: with also the cab in this thread
I am assuming you are on "SSK6.1Basics 1.2 ROM"
I tried this rom it is an excellent rom, but dunno why you have this problem.
aside from the files i still believe it can be something else so before you change rom
I would hard reset and try again.

eric12341 09-29-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 1960765)
haha you guys.
eric12341, try this cab below..
EDIT: with also the cab in this thread
I am assuming you are on "SSK6.1Basics 1.2 ROM"
I tried this rom it is an excellent rom, but dunno why you have this problem.
aside from the files i still believe it can be something else so before you change rom
I would hard reset and try again.

cab wouldn't install because of insufficient permissions or whatever. oh well ill just deal with it or download the HDtweak program and use the volume hack within that or ill just bring my ht820 to school with me, putting it at risk of being broken.

Maxx134 09-30-2010 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1960899)
cab wouldn't install because of insufficient permissions or whatever. oh well ill just deal with it or download the HDtweak program and use the volume hack within that or ill just bring my ht820 to school with me, putting it at risk of being broken.

well I dunno but another option is I will make and post a "reg only" cab with info from "puff601" that will boost it, hopefully by lunchtime today..
Or try this one..

eric12341 09-30-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 1961104)
well I dunno but another option is I will make and post a "reg only" cab with info from "puff601" that will boost it, hopefully by lunchtime today..
Or try this one..

they installed but I won't know the outcome till later when I get back on the bus.

Maxx134 09-30-2010 02:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are new cabs for maximun volume:
EDIT: Original files credit goes to XDA thread and post HERE and HERE..

EDIT:
Added Puff601 new cab has new edits for newer roms.
It does not have all edits, but new ones, so it is more slimmer

So the last file made was:
Install "Kevintm_V4_puff601Regs_AudioPara3_LOUDEST.cab "
EDIT: It needs a updated entries of the new Puff601 cab
They both should be louder than anything before them.

I used a microphone and meter to test and it boosted 3 notches higher on my sound meter,
so 3 more than the "iPollesion" cab, which was already loud!
This means this is the best loudest MOD we have so far!

I had personally edited the "AudioPara" file to booost even further.
UNfortunately it WAS eipc fail because I rushed it, and it sounded distorted.
so I pulled it for now, comming at a later date!

These cabs have been tested only to not break anything.
My own testing is not complete.
Any info appreciated.
I think some reg changes could be improved, but as of now it is louder than any other out there I know of.

CHANGELOG:

V2- combined original files with reg tweaks.
V3- added more reg entrees.
V4- added different attenuation reg entrees boosting it even further!
New Puff601 slim cab with new edits Dec 2010

Things TO DO:
1-Add Puff601 new findings, in a new cab as another option and will be renamed because of this.
2-Edit and merg best Audiopara files into one... coming in future

There... it is done :occasion5:

puff601 09-30-2010 05:11 PM

sweet! i am going to test these out asap! :cool:

Maxx134 09-30-2010 05:48 PM

Preliminary results on my cab is showing epic fail.
I'm gona narrow this down tonight, I think I overdid the reg edits.
I added more than you suggested and I think it is a bust..

UPDATE:
All will be happy to know the reg edits are actually all good and..

The "Kevintm_V2_puff601Regs_AudioPara3_LOUDER.cab" is now THE LOUDEST CAB!!..
I used a microphone and meter to test and it boosted 3 notches higher on my sound meter,
This means this is the best loudest we have so far!

My own cab is a bust as I have to go over which entry inside the Audiopara3 file is giving me a limit..

puff601 09-30-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 1961785)
Preliminary results on my cab is showing epic fail.
I'm gona narrow this down tonight, I think I overdid the reg edits.
I added more than you suggested and I think it is a bust..

UPDATE:
All will be happy to know the reg edits are actually all good and..

The "Kevintm_V2_puff601Regs_AudioPara3_LOUDER.cab" is now THE LOUDEST CAB!!..
This means this is the best loudest we have so far!

My own cab is a bust as I have to go over which entry inside the Audiopara3 file is giving me a limit..

sweet! im glad i could help out. has anyone tried this out on a tp2 other than sprint? i think alot of people get scared away when they see "sprint". i dont see why it wouldnt work on other carriers :dontknow: i will try it on my gf's tmobile tp2 later... she has been hounding me for the longest to pimp her phone lol

EDIT: I also noticed a few more entries that i forgot to give to you Maxx. here they are

HKCU/ControlPanel/Notifications/ShellOverides
"SavedRingerVolume"

HKLM/HTC/SOFTWARE/HTC/VolumeOverlay
"Ringer"

Basically all i did was search the registry using resco registry. i searched for "volume", "vol", and "Ringer"

Let me know if you find anything else i may have missed :cool:

eric12341 09-30-2010 08:54 PM

Didnt work ¡¡MALDITA SEA!!

puff601 09-30-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1961971)

are you sure u are installing to the main memory and not the sd card? :dontknow: its wierd that none of these are working for u...

eric12341 09-30-2010 09:44 PM

yup main memory. what's weird is i have 5 different audiopara3 files under different names

Maxx134 09-30-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff601 (Post 1961946)
sweet! im glad i could help out. has anyone tried this out on a tp2 other than sprint? i think alot of people get scared away when they see "sprint". i dont see why it wouldnt work on other carriers :dontknow: i will try it on my gf's tmobile tp2 later... she has been hounding me for the longest to pimp her phone lol

EDIT: I also noticed a few more entries that i forgot to give to you Maxx. here they are...

yEA I guess i missed one!
I put in, the other i already have.
I will post all edits later.
This cab should work with all carriers, as it is not carrier specific.
I looked/played with the file and all it contains is settings for vol, earpice, handset, headset, and a list of models with settings for each.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 1961971)

Haha, no prob then just use the edits cab... actually, just use the loudest cab that has all the reg enties to make it a little louder for you even if the audiopara files not working in your rom.

Maxx134 09-30-2010 09:55 PM

Below is reg settings in the cab.
Dont worry there are no spaces in the cab, this is just a cut and paste of a reg export.
Lemmy know if you like me to add anything, or adjust any setting,
as I still doubtfull about the "attenuation" settings...

LIST OF REG EDITS:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\InC all]
"AttenuationCategory"=dword:00000001
"InitVol"=dword:ffffffff

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev]
"AcousticFile"="\\Windows\\AudioPara3_ATTMax.c sv"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\P layer\Preferences]
"Volume"=dword:ffffffff

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\InC all2]
"AttenuationCategory"=dword:00000001
"InitVol"=dword:ffffffff