PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Did you try task29 yet?
Then flash the shipped rom.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 in reboot loop

Horndoctor,

Yes, I tried it through bootloader and the progress bar just sits at 0%.

I also tried it through the sd card and the screen just shows Loading...
Old 07-29-2010, 05:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMom View Post
Unfortunately, this device was purchased from EBAY a couple of months ago and has no insurance or warranty. Because of this, I am willing to try any and all suggestions as there isn't much to lose at this point.

I read on the XDA-Developer forum that sometimes you have to run the relocker and then flash the stock ROM in order to get out of the reboot loop.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...22#post7402622

When I try to run the relocker, it never moves pass 0% and then it eventually times out. Anyone have any advice or suggestions on that?

Thank you!
you're tp2 is already locked, thats why it fails when you try to relock it.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:03 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

and since your phone was not unlocked, that works in your favor. im guessing that the device is already active on an account with sprint? if so, your best bet is to call sprint and tell them you're phone is not going pass the bootloader after a hard reset. like i said...they'll most likely do a warranty replacement. just tell them you bought a tp2 over a month ago without saying it was from ebay.

or...you can try to see what sprint can do for you by contacting one of the sprint employees that happens to be a member of this forum. i was reading an old thread last night where they identify themselves....but can't remember where in the forum it is. i'll post link to the thread as soon as i find it.

edit...
here's the thread with sprint employee members...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60371

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 07-29-2010 at 07:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:35 PM
N00b

PapaPrem is keeping up the good workPapaPrem is keeping up the good work

Today, the same thing has happened to me. However, in my case, my phone was unlocked and this happened after I did a successful Task29. I completed the Task29 last night, but did not flash a ROM on it at the time, as it was getting late and I was tired. Instead, I shut the phone off and left it to charge using the AC Adaptor. This morning when I went to go turn the phone on, I noticed it is in the constant reboot cycle just like in the case of the OP. The phone wont stay on long enough for me to relock it and flash it to stock. Matter of fact, it shuts off within 10 seconds. I called Sprint and they offered to ship me a replacement battery as I have insurance and Im still under the 1 year manufacturers warranty. I hope to god that it is just the battery that is toast. I tried all the steps listed in this thread, and can't get it to even power on for longer than 10 seconds. Dog Mom, did you try charging the phone using the other charger? I read in another thread of a member having a similar issue. He stated that after a few days, the issue went away by itself. Perhaps the phone needs to be totally free of any electrostatic charge remaining.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:10 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaPrem View Post
Today, the same thing has happened to me. However, in my case, my phone was unlocked and this happened after I did a successful Task29. I completed the Task29 last night, but did not flash a ROM on it at the time, as it was getting late and I was tired. Instead, I shut the phone off and left it to charge using the AC Adaptor. This morning when I went to go turn the phone on, I noticed it is in the constant reboot cycle just like in the case of the OP. The phone wont stay on long enough for me to relock it and flash it to stock. Matter of fact, it shuts off within 10 seconds. I called Sprint and they offered to ship me a replacement battery as I have insurance and Im still under the 1 year manufacturers warranty. I hope to god that it is just the battery that is toast. I tried all the steps listed in this thread, and can't get it to even power on for longer than 10 seconds. Dog Mom, did you try charging the phone using the other charger? I read in another thread of a member having a similar issue. He stated that after a few days, the issue went away by itself. Perhaps the phone needs to be totally free of any electrostatic charge remaining.
Yes, I have charged the phone completely with 2 different chargers and using 2 different outlets. We have even swapped the battery out with the other HTC devices that we have.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:19 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
and since your phone was not unlocked, that works in your favor. im guessing that the device is already active on an account with sprint? if so, your best bet is to call sprint and tell them you're phone is not going pass the bootloader after a hard reset. like i said...they'll most likely do a warranty replacement. just tell them you bought a tp2 over a month ago without saying it was from ebay.

or...you can try to see what sprint can do for you by contacting one of the sprint employees that happens to be a member of this forum. i was reading an old thread last night where they identify themselves....but can't remember where in the forum it is. i'll post link to the thread as soon as i find it.

edit...
here's the thread with sprint employee members...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60371

Unfortunately, there is no active account associated with this device. The devices were purchased to be used as handheld PCs. I appreciate the info and I will search through that thread as well.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:39 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Unfortunately, there is no active account associated with this device. The devices were purchased to be used as handheld PCs. I appreciate the info and I will search through that thread as well.
oh ok. that clears it up. i was wondering why you weren't taking it to sprint. if you can't find a solution for the problem, you can contact HTC directly and see if they will replace your device under warranty. either that or if someone in the family/company has a sprint account, you can do a phone swap online and then after 24 hours of activating on that line, contact sprint.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

DogMom is a n00b

I just tried flashing from the SD card and I noticed that when the bootloader screen appears, there is an error code behind the bootloader information. I can't make out what it says and the bootloader screen only appears for a few seconds before going through with the update. The update loads and still shows successful, but once again, we are back in the reboot loop. Any idea what the error may be and/or how to correct?

Do you think the SD card may be bad? We don't currently have a spare, but we may be able to get one over the weekend to try.

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
I just tried flashing from the SD card and I noticed that when the bootloader screen appears, there is an error code behind the bootloader information. I can't make out what it says and the bootloader screen only appears for a few seconds before going through with the update. The update loads and still shows successful, but once again, we are back in the reboot loop. Any idea what the error may be and/or how to correct?

Do you think the SD card may be bad? We don't currently have a spare, but we may be able to get one over the weekend to try.

Thanks!
if you think the sd card is bad, then take it out and leave it out. doesn't need to be in there for anything.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
bootloader, flash rom, htc touch pro 2, reboot loop, sprint