PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Can I add a Facebook tab? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126238)

msh441 06-22-2010 08:58 PM

Can I add a Facebook tab?

I would like to add a Facebook tab to my stock Verizon WinMo6.5/Sense 2.5 phone.

Could sombody please point me in the right direction?

Searching "add, Manila, Facebook" and "tab" pretty much gets me every ROM out there, combined with questions about REMOVING Facebook alltogether.

I'd much appreciate some guidance. I can do without Twitter... but would really like a Facebook tab, instead.

Kliptik 06-22-2010 09:23 PM

Re: Can I add a Facebook tab?

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go!

msh441 06-23-2010 02:06 AM

The Ziggy .cab didn't work for me... but I appreciate the effort, prompt reply and lack of the usual "search for it" responce.

Oddly, searching for "Manila Footprints tab" (I was just curious what Footprints is/are?) I came across this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ght=footprints

...and following the steps outlined, I have a Facebook tab up and running.

Thanks again.

firefurby 06-23-2010 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just in case, here is another CAB to try that worked for me.

2kidz 06-23-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefurby (Post 1831851)
Just in case, here is another CAB to try that worked for me.

ok, i just put this on my phone and have now lost my sense! i have done 3 soft resets to no avail. i have now removed it from my phone but still have a blank home screen and 'launching htc sense' or 'touch here to launch sense' is blinking!!! what is going on??? of course when i touch to launch, nothing happens....HELP ME PLEASE!!!

2kidz 06-23-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2kidz (Post 1832014)
ok, i just put this on my phone and have now lost my sense! i have done 3 soft resets to no avail. i have now removed it from my phone but still have a blank home screen and 'launching htc sense' or 'touch here to launch sense' is blinking!!! what is going on??? of course when i touch to launch, nothing happens....HELP ME PLEASE!!!

ok, i just realized that all of the posts here are verizon users and i have sprint....can somebody help me regain my sense???

razorloves 06-23-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2kidz (Post 1832014)

hate to say it man, but sounds like a hard reset is in your near future. if you already uninstalled it, then not much else you can do. maybe try installing a different cab.

razorloves 06-23-2010 10:09 AM

this one is specifically for sprint stock rom
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116148

2kidz 06-23-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1832020)
hate to say it man, but sounds like a hard reset is in your near future. if you already uninstalled it, then not much else you can do. maybe try installing a different cab.

so u think the issue was me putting the vzn on the sprint was the issue too? damn, damn, damn!!!! there's NO OTHER WAY other than a hard reset???

razorloves 06-23-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2kidz (Post 1832041)
so u think the issue was me putting the vzn on the sprint was the issue too? damn, damn, damn!!!! there's NO OTHER WAY other than a hard reset???

read both my posts above yours

2kidz 06-23-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1832044)

u r the flippin' greatest!!!!! thank u so much and i PROMISE to pay attention from now on!!! have a WONDERFUL day!!!!

razorloves 06-23-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2kidz (Post 1832079)
u r the flippin' greatest!!!!! thank u so much and i PROMISE to pay attention from now on!!! have a WONDERFUL day!!!!

did it work?

2kidz 06-23-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1832044)

ok...now that i'm back in business...is there a with to view responses to the comments made on statuses using this version of fb?

chevy454 06-23-2010 10:41 AM

I'm afraid I already know the answer, but any Twitter/Facebook tabs available for us stock 6.5/2.1 guys [USC phone]?

Kliptik 06-23-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy454 (Post 1832121)
I'm afraid I already know the answer, but any Twitter/Facebook tabs available for us stock 6.5/2.1 guys [USC phone]?

someone please correct me if im worng, but i dont think theres FB or Twitter tabs for 2.1.

2kidz 06-23-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1832084)
did it work?

yep! it most certainly did!

jrob 06-23-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 1832020)

+1!!!

msh441 06-23-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2kidz (Post 1832041)

Sounds like you fixzed it. If you run into this again with another tweek or cab, try this:

Plug your phone into your PC using the data cable and see it ActiveSync detects and syncs with the phone.

Then under the install/remove programs section, see if it'll give you a list of installed programs and .cabs. If the .cab is there, un-check it and see if ActiveSync/Mobile Device Center will remove the installed .cab.

Reset and see what happens.

This has worked for me on two occasions where I was convinced I bricked my phone.

Also, for future reference, use a backup utility. I've gotten in the habit of using SPB Backup once a week. In the event of a hard reset, I can be up and running in about ten minutes with my last-known stable configuration, with all previous programs, tweaks and .cabs installed and running fine.

Coulda', shouda', woulda', right?

exmeaguy 06-23-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliptik (Post 1832253)
someone please correct me if im worng, but i dont think theres FB or Twitter tabs for 2.1.

Maybe someone cooked one for us.

PPCFreak 06-25-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msh441 (Post 1832843)
Sounds like you fixzed it. If you run into this again with another tweek or cab, try this:

Plug your phone into your PC using the data cable and see it ActiveSync detects and syncs with the phone.

Then under the install/remove programs section, see if it'll give you a list of installed programs and .cabs. If the .cab is there, un-check it and see if ActiveSync/Mobile Device Center will remove the installed .cab.

Reset and see what happens.

This has worked for me on two occasions where I was convinced I bricked my phone.

Also, for future reference, use a backup utility. I've gotten in the habit of using SPB Backup once a week. In the event of a hard reset, I can be up and running in about ten minutes with my last-known stable configuration, with all previous programs, tweaks and .cabs installed and running fine.

Coulda', shouda', woulda', right?

Didn't work.

I installed the melwater version .cab and then uninstalled it.

Now I don't have sense at all.

Just says Tap here to start sense.....then trys over and over againd but never actually starts it.

have done 3 soft resets.

Guessing hard reset is now my next step.

Wish I had done spb backup prior to installing this.

Might try reinstalling it and then soft-reseting to see if sense will then load up as it did before.

EDIT: Reinstalling the APP brings Sense back to life. Guess now got to figure out which edited manila file is causing the issue.

rstoyguy 06-25-2010 12:17 PM

Here's what you need to do....

1. What version of manila
2. Upload your "\windows\26948339_manila"

And I'll fix one for ya...

PPCFreak 06-25-2010 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 1837134)
Here's what you need to do....

1. What version of manila
2. Upload your "\windows\26948339_manila"

And I'll fix one for ya...

Manila Version: 2.5.20132227.0

I have 3 versions of that _manila file.

The Current one is named that way since I could not bluetooth transfer this file to my desktop till I renamed it.

That is teh currently running version that allows Sense to work again.

rstoyguy 07-02-2010 02:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 1837357)

The Current one is named that way since I could not bluetooth transfer this file to my desktop till I renamed it.

Dunno what those three were, but I think I fixed the lot...

PPCFreak 07-03-2010 11:37 AM

Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (Windows Mobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35801; U; en) Presto/2.2.1)

thanks will give it a try.

boredandtattooed 07-03-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msh441 (Post 1831140)

Could sombody please point me in the right direction?

Searching "add, Manila, Facebook" and "tab" pretty much gets me every ROM out there, combined with questions about REMOVING Facebook alltogether.

if thats how you search, make sure you select "titles only" in the dropdown to avoid rom threads..

and when searching google, use your terms but add ppcgeeks or xda on there as well..

PPCFreak 07-03-2010 12:04 PM

Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (Windows Mobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35801; U; en) Presto/2.2.1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy
Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 1837357)

Dunno what those three were, but I think I fixed the lot...

didnt work. tried all three and renamed them to just the #_manila.

Tried this method:
turned sense off (unchecked from today items)
replaced my current manila file with the one labeled current.
restarted phone.
still fails launching sense.

so have the facebook ap installed again so sense will run.

Guess will do a hard reset sometime soon to get rid of it.

Thanks for trying.