PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: can sprint fix phone after rom update?

If you are going to go through the trouble of trying to get a replacement, you might as well try a hard reset first. It basically returns the device to a just flashed state.

It will remove all your data so back-up all that stuff first. MyPhone works great for saving contacts, calendar, pictures, but you might want to clear out all those text messages.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
I can tell you that a couple hundred texts will DEFINITELY slow your phone down......

+1 on that.

There was a post on here a while back from some DB complaining his TP2 was a "laggy worthless POS" because it was slow & buggy after he restored 4200 text messages.....

I laughed pretty hard at that one........

John
Old 06-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Praz is a n00b

yea i checked the myphone website and apparently i had 3000+ texts on my phone lol so if i delete those it shud go a lot smoother?
Old 06-04-2010, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

its not the phone. its the rom. I bet before you went to sprint lovers and unlocked. i bet you never task29. and was the tp 6.1 or 6.5? if it came with 6.1 upgrade to sprints 6.5 then task29 then custom. its all in the rom with these phones.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 06-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Praz is a n00b

task29? whats that and i was on 6.5
Old 06-04-2010, 05:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post
task29? whats that and i was on 6.5
read up here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116920

also may i suggest for a custom
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106231

vins roms make my phone run better then ever.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post
yea i checked the myphone website and apparently i had 3000+ texts on my phone lol so if i delete those it shud go a lot smoother?
Yeah that's probably you're biggest issue right there. WM6.5(.x) and Sense dont play well with more thatn a few hundred texts on the phone. Just go to your MyPhone account online, select all the texts on the phone, then click the "Archive" button. Then just sync your phone again, and it'll automatically remove them from the phone.

Post back with how it affects the lag!
Old 06-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Praz is a n00b

i deleted most of my texts and it still lags the same amount and do you guys ever get the problem where the phone wont turn on from sleep because that happened a couple times before to me and that happened again like an hr after i deleted the texts

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2