PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: can sprint fix phone after rom update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post
what u mean? does all touch pro 2 freeze and lag all the time especially when tryin to go back to the home screen and tryin to switch from vertical and landscape with texts?
How many text's do you have on your phone, its a known issue around this site that if you have over a few hundred texts on your phone it cause's the exact issues you are describing.

How many Text's do you have saved to your phone?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Evo
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Solver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuffSolver knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
First download the stock ROM,

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=91940

Than you need to relock the phone, the relocker is at the bottom of the post in the below link,

TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ THE POST BELOW

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...10&postcount=2
That seems to be a very helpful post. I will thank you appropriately.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Rooted

El Ha$oN is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to El Ha$oN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post
i got a touch pro 2 like a month or two ago and its been really laggy and slow ever since i got it so i updated the rom to sprint lovers rom cuz i figured it might help it but theres still a lot of lag problems so i was wonderin if i cud take it back to sprint to see if they could replace the phone or do i need to hard reset it to factory settings or anythin for them to change it

I have posted before on this. I spoke to a sprint tech and the tech told there is no need to put stock or relock your phone. Another user also posted about this. I asked the specific question if unlocking voids any type of warranty with your phone and they said no, i then asked if you had to do an insurance claim and get it replaced would they say anything about it being unlocked ad he said no..then he went on to say you can even show up to the store with a custom ROM but if they feel that the ROM is causing the problem they will reflash stock back to.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ha$oN View Post
I have posted before on this. I spoke to a sprint tech and the tech told there is no need to put stock or relock your phone. Another user also posted about this. I asked the specific question if unlocking voids any type of warranty with your phone and they said no, i then asked if you had to do an insurance claim and get it replaced would they say anything about it being unlocked ad he said no..then he went on to say you can even show up to the store with a custom ROM but if they feel that the ROM is causing the problem they will reflash stock back to.

Hope this helps.

Hmmmmm... Wonder how valid this is..?

Old 06-02-2010, 10:58 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
idk... Any volunteers to call their carrers and ask if the custom ROM they flashed has voided their warranty?
Old 06-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Praz is a n00b

i always thought that unlockin it did void the warranty but i ono does anyone else kno if this is true or not?? and im not sure how many texts i have saved it might be a couple hundred is there a way that tells u how many you have?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
I wouldn't trust most CS representatives. Most of them couldn't tell you what OS the phones they sell run.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I bet if you asked a CS rep what a ROM was there gears would start to smoke.

Last edited by Wesley762; 06-03-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Praz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
there seems to be lagging issues when using sprint's 6.5 rom with sense 2.5. especially for those people that have a lot of one thing (texts, emails, contacts, music).
Sense does it's thing by pulling the info from the phone and displaying it in those tabs. If you have a lot of data to pull, it causes the lagging and freezing issues most of the time.
Try disabling sense under the today screen settings and use it for a couple of days and see if it lags. If it does, then it could be hardware issue worthy of a sprint store visit.
i disabled sense and it did help a little bit it lags a lot less but it still does lag, but does that mean that i won't be able to use the sense on my phone until they upgrade it?
Old 06-04-2010, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

I can tell you that a couple hundred texts will DEFINITELY slow your phone down... My girl had over 1k messages on her phone and it literally moved slow as shit, I hooked her up with Microsofts MyPhone, backed up all her messages, erased them off the phone and blam, ran wayyyyy better/faster/less laggy...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2