PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Free TV ?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121581)

jeephed 05-18-2010 11:40 AM

Free TV ??

Hey all, I just started using Slacker and it freakin awesome !! I no longer use my iPod to work out. I have a few movies on the phone but i was wonder is there any site or app to watch tv shows? I tried to watch Netflix and Hulu and I couldn't get them working, but that would be cool. Have you guys used anything that does this free?
Thanks all.

jmorton10 05-18-2010 11:43 AM

Re: Free TV ??

Buy a Slingbox, then you can watch anything you want (I get over 200 cable TV channels including HBO, Cinemax etc etc on my TP2)

~John

boredandtattooed 05-18-2010 12:36 PM

skyfire will do hulu for you.. atdhe.net on skyfire will give you every sporting events period thats watchable lol.. even PPV sports... few other channels on there too like 3 movie rooms.. a south park.. a few different tv show rooms(two and a half men,and others)... it uses justin.tv alot..

so theres a little free tv for ya

jeephed 05-18-2010 12:39 PM

That does look cool, but pricey for a toy. I was looking for something like a mobile Hulu or something free. But wow, that does seem like a cool gadget.

Dr.8820 05-18-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1759665)
Buy a Slingbox, then you can watch anything you want (I get over 200 cable TV channels including HBO, Cinemax etc etc on my TP2)

~John

plus one. you might be able to watch family guy on hulu, but watching hbo, the real espn, mtv, and everything else beats it! plus, if you're cable or sat tv is on demand, you can watch whatever, whenever.

jeephed 05-18-2010 01:16 PM

Too cool dude. I'll try Skyfire, thanks.

razgriz1138 05-18-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1759792)
skyfire will do hulu for you.. atdhe.net on skyfire will give you every sporting events period thats watchable lol.. even PPV sports... few other channels on there too like 3 movie rooms.. a south park.. a few different tv show rooms(two and a half men,and others)... it uses justin.tv alot..

so theres a little free tv for ya

It will? Last time I checked it was not allowing mobile devices to view programs.

Sprints700wx 05-18-2010 01:59 PM

iRemember there was an App i installed on my Treo 700wx at the time and was able to watch a few local channels. And Thought how cool it was that iwas walking down the street while watching the world series game (Yanks Vs boston) in the Palm of my hand , For FREE.....

Daemonax 05-18-2010 03:59 PM

A Slingbox plus Slingplayer Mobile is well worth the money. I was on a similar quest a few months back and despaired over the lack of free choices. Skyfire helped, but nothing beats having full control over your own cable box, watching shows as if you were sitting at home in front of your TV. I even bought the TV out cable and my kids can now watch their favorite shows on the DVD screen in the van.

jmorton10 05-18-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonax (Post 1760378)
I even bought the TV out cable and my kids can now watch their favorite shows on the DVD screen in the van.

I did the same thing.

That setup is one of the main reasons I won't switch to Android at this time.

~John