PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint and HTC GPS (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=121284)

browning 05-15-2010 04:33 PM

Sprint and HTC GPS

Would be nice if these *bleep* could get something working right out of the box for once. Kill the post - I don't care. *bleep* feed up with the incompetence these guys show. Something simple always becomes a giant cluster *bleep*....

boredandtattooed 05-15-2010 04:36 PM

Re: Sprint and HTC GPS

something wrong??? my sprint touch pro 2s gps works just fine and its stock.. worked right out of the box

D/\SH 05-15-2010 04:37 PM

my gps worked fine... you on stock rom? if not use quickgps and set your location setting to on as well.

boredandtattooed 05-15-2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D/\SH (Post 1754736)
my gps worked fine... you on stock rom? if not use quickgps and set your location setting to on as well.

he better be on stock if hes talking about it not working out of the Box.. if he flashed, and it doesnt work, thats OPs fault LOL not sprints, not HTCs.. and certainly would have no releveance to an "out of the box" experience... just know mine worked no prob

browning 05-15-2010 04:47 PM

Yes, *bleep* I'm on stock ROM. I'll stick with the bluetooth GPS -- at least it works without wanting to thrown the phone across the room. Even sprint nav doesn't work when I'm standing in the middle of an open area.

jdpman 05-15-2010 04:52 PM

http://images.encyclopediadramatica..../Lol_u_mad.jpg

boredandtattooed 05-15-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browning (Post 1754756)
Yes, *bleep* I'm on stock ROM. I'll stick with the bluetooth GPS -- at least it works without wanting to thrown the phone across the room. Even sprint nav doesn't work when I'm standing in the middle of an open area. .

did i just get called a *bleep*, because YOU cant operate YOUR device???

YOUR one of the few buddy... many people, if not everyone, had no issues with gps out of the box...

so thank you for your kind *bleep*" comment... but im not inclined to help you with your issue now...

have a nice, bluetooth gps, your phone not working properly, day!

Wesley762 05-15-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1754763)
did i just get called a *bleep*, because YOU cant operate YOUR device???

YOUR one of the few buddy... many people, if not everyone, had no issues with gps out of the box...

so thank you for your kind " *bleep*" comment... but im not inclined to help you with your issue now...

have a nice, bluetooth gps, your phone not working properly, day!

unless some apologies or a better explanation comes out someone really does not deserve any help but thats just my opinion.

browning 05-15-2010 04:59 PM

Yep, I used the term *bleep*. This is not my first windows phone -- had many, many, many. Sprint and HTC continue to drop the ball with their *bleep*. Honestly, I could care less if you assist or not - its not your problem but very well may be someone's at Sprint when the proctologist has to remove the touch pro II.

mlin 05-15-2010 04:59 PM

Works fine for me.

On another note, OP I think you should show a little more maturity in your language and behavior.

eenieMINI 05-15-2010 05:05 PM

Guys, Lets take this down a level and instead work on the problem at hand.

OP: passing the curse filters will not get your problem resolved. Posts edited as such.

Everyone here is great at helping each other figure out problems with software, hardware, and the like. Lets put our heads together and find a resolution instead of using this forum to let off steam.

Wesley762 05-15-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 1754783)
Guys, Lets take this down an level and instead work on the problem at hand.

OP: passing the curse filters will not get your problem resolved. Posts edited as such.

Everyone here is great at helping each other figure out problems with software, hardware, and the like. Lets put our heads together and find a resolution instead of using this forum to let off steam.

I think you missed a few.

eenieMINI 05-15-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wesley762 (Post 1754784)
I think you missed a few.

Nah, still working on it.. :) Thanks!

bionic1ball 05-15-2010 05:34 PM

what a waste of my bleeping time to read this

gadgetfreak 05-15-2010 06:49 PM

Remember the rules!

This is my first, last and only warning.

boredandtattooed 05-15-2010 07:29 PM

lets just close this one..OP even said he doesnt want any help... nor did he ask for a solution... its just a rant thread anyways... the title makes it seem like something helpful or a questioon might be here and the thread contains neither...

obviously its upto you Mods to do so

mjh8812 05-15-2010 09:55 PM

Tools Folder > Quick GPS > Check download satelllites automatically > then click download at the bottom...wahlah your sprint navigation works...

browning 05-15-2010 09:56 PM

I don't care about the Sprint navigation. I want GPS to work with my iGuidance or Google Maps. It does neither...

mjh8812 05-15-2010 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browning (Post 1755185)
I don't care about the Sprint navigation. I want GPS to work with my iGuidance or Google Maps. It does neither...

then your device is messed up then if u did what i just said and your Google maps doesnt work..mine works great...sounds like its either ID10T error or you got a phone with bad GPS..

mjh8812 05-15-2010 09:59 PM

also are you running the latest WM 6.5 Sense 2.5 Rom that sprint officially released? or you running the official Sprint WM 6.1 release..

browning 05-15-2010 10:09 PM

No ID10T error, thank you... Yes, most recent ROM through refurb and reflashed to ensure everything was ok

browning 05-15-2010 10:22 PM

yes, latest. not new to this game

nrfitchett4 05-15-2010 10:28 PM

you don't think maybe you got a bad refurb do you???
sounds like you'll have to exchange again if you can't get a gps lock in sprint nav, google maps or bing.

browning 05-16-2010 12:11 AM

I don't doubt it is a bad device. I can tell the vibrate isn't nearly as strong as the original. Gotta love replacements..

bionic1ball 05-16-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browning (Post 1755185)

browning i don't know if this will work for you but i did this once and it worked
i tried to load google maps and it wouldnt sync the maps or the gps so i went to the wireless controls and turned off all the functions and then turned on phone, data connection and it started working again

wildpig 05-27-2010 03:58 AM

I would definitely get the thing replaced. My TP2 GPS works great even without any assistance from quickgps or cell tower. It got at least 6-7 sat locked just standing next to the window. Moving back more to the middle of my room about 10 ft from window it still maintains steady lock on at least 6 sats. All of this without updated quickgps data or cell signal (phone part is turned off for testing purpose)...

Of course it's possible that at my location I am getting good sat signal. but if you already tried it at several different outdoor location and it's not improved definitively, I wouldn't be surprised something screwy is going on, esp since yours is refurb

Also I would check to see when your TP2 date of manufacture is. My TP2 built date is April 2010. If it's real early built, that's always a possibility that it was a bug. I have a TP1 with a GPS that cant ever maintain a steady lock on sats even after it acquires the sats. I got that TP right when it came out in Nov 08. Do i know for sure the problem might be due to earlier built? not 100% since I don't have a much later built TP1, but it's very possible.

jmorton10 05-27-2010 09:28 AM

I find in Google or Bing that setting the GPS to use COM 4 instead of letting Windows manage it usually gives better results.

~John