PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.5
Carrier: Verizon

jeephed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Text won't go away

Hey all, my phone shows there is one text in my inbox even after I have deleted everything. Is this a known problem? If so do you guys know a fix?
Thanks.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:46 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Text won't go away

unzip, run, reset, enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip FixUnreadCount.zip (3.5 KB, 70 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I got "FixUnreadCount.exe is not a valid Win32 application." So this is something that happens every now and then?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:58 PM
::The Elite Geek::
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

tjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtjELITE is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeephed View Post
I got "FixUnreadCount.exe is not a valid Win32 application." So this is something that happens every now and then?
Add it to your storage card and run it on your phone...
Old 05-10-2010, 04:00 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

hmm works fine on mine..run it from my sd card even... it hasnt happened to me in a long time..when i had to use this .exe to fix it..

you can goto the Reg and edit it yourself too.. hkcu\system\state\messages\sms\unread should say 1 on count, change to 0 and reset..
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OMG, I'm such a Noob !! So sorry, lol.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Worked awesome !! You guys really know your stuff, thanks.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: TMobile

mutigers9 is a n00b
SMS Icon Problems

The problem I have is the icon for my sms on my spb shell 3.5 and on my htc sense today screen ALWAYS says that I have 2 new text messages. If I have no new text messages it always and a number 2 on the icon. I have doubled and tripled checked to make sure there isn't anything new in one of my other folders and i made sure there isn't anything new in the drafts folder. Is there anyway to fix this? I even tried deleting every single text message on my TP2 and that still didn't fix it. Any ideas???
Old 05-12-2010, 10:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

kb9nate is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to kb9nate Send a message via Yahoo to kb9nate

this only works half way, i have to go into the registry and do it every time, as soon as another txt comes in it gets stuck on again. there must be a way to permanently fix it. mine just started doing this last weekend, also happened to one of my friends TP2 the same weekend also, wondering if maybe there was some update that happened that messed them all up?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: SMS Icon Problems

Try running this program. I just leave it on my SD card for just this problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FixUnreadCount.zip (3.5 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2