PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Sprint TP2 Answering Calls on Bluetooth (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120607)

Philly8783 05-09-2010 02:03 PM

Sprint TP2 Answering Calls on Bluetooth

Hey there guys I'm having problems with my Sprint TouchPro2, it's connected to a Jawbone2, everything seems fine except when I'm recieving a call, I hit the answer button on my Jawbone and it answers but the voice goes directly to the phone instead to the bluetooth. When I make an outgoing call with the phone everything works perfectly; just when I recieve an incoming call is when the problem persists and its f**king annoying anyone having the same problem with a different bluetooth?

treotraveler 05-09-2010 03:03 PM

Re: Sprint TP2 Answering Calls on Bluetooth

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philly8783 (Post 1742382)
anyone having the same problem with a different bluetooth?

Nope, I use a Motorola HT 780 with my Sprint TP2 and it is working great with auto answer, manual answer and BT voice dialing. I never used a Jawbone BT headset.....

deadwrong03 05-09-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treotraveler (Post 1742431)
Nope, I use a Motorola HT 780 with my Sprint TP2 and it is working great with auto answer, manual answer and BT voice dialing. I never used a Jawbone BT headset.....

im having the same problem with Mighty Rom Sense 2.5 Rom the newest version which i think is based off of the Sprint 2.5 rom

now im using the jabra bt 8010 and im having this exact same annoying problem when i slide to answer the audio comes through the device instead of my earpiece the call only begins through the headset when u hit the answer button on the phone

i would like a fix or soething for this as well.

now with the auto answer u mentioned is that a option somewhere on the phone? if so where?

treotraveler 05-09-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadwrong03 (Post 1742444)

now with the auto answer u mentioned is that a option somewhere on the phone? if so where?

Go to Settings/Personal/Phone/More and enable "Headset" and then select the number of rings (1 - 6) you want before the headset auto answers the call. My personal preference is 1 ring....

nevergonnauseth 05-09-2010 04:00 PM

^^ i have the same "issue" with my bluetooth, its a plantronics somethin or something. I think it maybe a feature. When i answer the phone using the screen, the audio goes to the phone. When i answer with the button on my BT, it goes to the BT. I kinda like the feature to be honnest

deadwrong03 05-09-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treotraveler (Post 1742452)
Go to Settings/Personal/Phone/More and enable "Headset" and then select the number of rings (1 - 6) you want before the headset auto answers the call. My personal preference is 1 ring....

so with auto answer whenever u answer a call the headset automatically answers the call? or when u slide to answer the headset automatically picks up the audio?

i dont want it to answer every call on its own

treotraveler 05-09-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadwrong03 (Post 1742486)
so with auto answer whenever u answer a call the headset automatically answers the call? or when u slide to answer the headset automatically picks up the audio?

i dont want it to answer every call on its own

The Bluetooth Auto Answer feature means the BT headset will answer the call on it's own, every incoming call, without you touching the phone.

Don't enable the auto answer feature if you don't want the headset to answer the incoming call....

Ivanstein 05-10-2010 12:01 AM

I have found that my phone tends to route the audio through what ever I use to answer the call. If I hit the BT answer key, it goes through there, if I hit the phone, it goes through the phone. BUT...not always. I have never had BT work properly on any winmo phone going back to the 6700. I usually just shout "HOLD ON A MINUTE!" while hitting the menu key to turn on or off hands free depending on what I want. Why is it that something so simple is not ironed out in Winmo?

nrfitchett4 05-10-2010 03:01 AM

i had that problem before with stock 6.1 sprint ROM. since going the custom ROM route, I have not had that problem anymore. if my BT is connected, all calls go through it no matter how I answer the phone.
I think it has to do with the BT stack of the phone. i think i'm using a htc stack instead of winmo.