PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   white screen on htc touch pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119972)

dazzyweb 05-03-2010 04:40 AM

white screen on htc touch pro 2

Hi
I have a white screen problem on my phone
I recently tryed installing a new rom on my phone and the phone just froze up
After i did a hard reset of the phone and all i have after the touch pro 2 logo comes up is a white screen
Can anyone help?

nrfitchett4 05-03-2010 05:40 AM

Re: white screen on htc touch pro 2

you didn't try to put a cdma ROM on a GSM phone did you? O2 is gsm right? if so, you need to get into bootloader mode (usually, holding the vol down button while reseting the phone), and flash back to stock or a gsm ROM.
i would try xda-developers.com for more help, they are the gsm experts. I think there is only 1 custom gsm ROM developer over here.

QMeli907 05-03-2010 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 (Post 1731931)
you didn't try to put a cdma ROM on a GSM phone did you? O2 is gsm right? if so, you need to get into bootloader mode (usually, holding the vol down button while reseting the phone), and flash back to stock or a gsm ROM.
i would try xda-developers.com for more help, they are the gsm experts. I think there is only 1 custom gsm ROM developer over here.

I thought if you did this ^^^ it would brick your phone?

nrfitchett4 05-03-2010 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QMeli907 (Post 1731932)
I thought if you did this ^^^ it would brick your phone?

that's only if you flash a cdma radio to a gsm phone and vice versa, the ROMs are reversible.

QMeli907 05-03-2010 06:19 AM

thats what it was then. I knew if you switched something along those lines it bricks it. Thanks for clearing that up

drewcam888 05-03-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzyweb (Post 1731916)
Hi
I have a white screen problem on my phone
I recently tryed installing a new rom on my phone and the phone just froze up
After i did a hard reset of the phone and all i have after the touch pro 2 logo comes up is a white screen
Can anyone help?

Just flash the stock rom back to the phone.

Royce200313 05-03-2010 01:38 PM

Computer not loading correct driver after flash

I flashed my HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA Verizon with the correct software but when it went to reboot the computer would only see the device as Qualcomm CDMA and now the phone does nothing? Is it bricked or can I get by this somehow? Thanks

clueless25 05-03-2010 07:51 PM

Re: Computer not loading correct driver after flash

1st try a different USB port on your computer if you have one... every once in a while mine goes on the fritz.. now clue why... later it decides to work again..

to put in boot loader.. hold volume rocker down then hold stop button on phone.. as long as your computer see's the phone while in bootloader you should be able to install a new rom..

ive actually accidently knocked the plug out of the phone a couple times in the middle of a flash, put in bootloader & wala... load away

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royce200313 (Post 1732537)
I flashed my HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA Verizon with the correct software but when it went to reboot the computer would only see the device as Qualcomm CDMA and now the phone does nothing? Is it bricked or can I get by this somehow? Thanks