PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Stuck in 1x mode all day. Slow internet (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118828)

THE-COPS 04-22-2010 01:35 AM

Stuck in 1x mode all day. Slow internet

1 Attachment(s)
All day my TP2 has been STUCK in 1x mode. I tried shutting the phone off in Connection Manager, then switching back on. Then restarted phone.. twice. It was working this morning, now it just wants to be retarded. It has done this a few times before. Signal will be good, but it will refuse to go into 3G mode. Image I have attached below, In Field Trial HDR mode, I wrote "wtf" on the line that is completely out of whack. Such an out of range ... impossible value. This is getting on my nerves.

THE-COPS 04-22-2010 03:28 AM

Re: Stuck in 1x mode all day. Slow internet

For anyone wanting to know how to get to the FieldTrial program, there is a code you can dial on the keypad (which I don't currently know) or you can go into the Windows folder and run FieldTrial.exe . I just made a shortcut to FT so it's right there in my Programs menu. There is another program in the Windows folder called FieldTest.exe . But after running that, it appears it's mostly for GSM networks.

priapism 04-22-2010 03:40 AM

I'm having the same issue.

Padron26 04-22-2010 04:02 AM

i had this problem a few weeks back but for me a soft reset fixed it.

THE-COPS 04-22-2010 04:06 AM

Sometimes a soft reset doesn't fix it. Sometimes it will be stuck that way for hours. I just recently reset once again (about 4 hours from the previous 2 attempts) and my 3 G is working again. The thing is, it just ups and does this all on it's own. There is no telling what will get it back or when it will work.

Padron26 04-22-2010 04:12 AM

same thing here it would come back, but with mine it happened about a day or 2 after i installed the net speed boost cab and opera tweeks i did install both cabs within hours of each other. so i just uninstalled and it has been fine since.

i also noticed that it would even say 3g at the top but it would be going extremely slow. then after a few minutes or so it would say 1x

Ishman 04-22-2010 07:49 AM

I found that it sometimes helps to change the phone to CDMA mode only under phone settings network (not global). Seems to help my GPS as well. Could just have been a coincidence.

THE-COPS 04-22-2010 01:50 PM

I have had the network mode on "CDMA Only" mode since day one allmost. I don't travel and I don't use any sort of hacked SIM card so I have no reason to have it turned on. Global mode eats up battery life like turbo pacman :p. . Appreciate the response though.

And FYI, I haven't installed any new programs for a while, except for some paint app which I installed later today...which I used to write on that FieldTrial screen (Which is totally unrelated because I was already having the problem when I did that.... hence WHY i did that pffft ).

meeklo062704 04-22-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE-COPS (Post 1712630)
All day my TP2 has been STUCK in 1x mode. I tried shutting the phone off in Connection Manager, then switching back on. Then restarted phone.. twice. It was working this morning, now it just wants to be retarded. It has done this a few times before. Signal will be good, but it will refuse to go into 3G mode. Image I have attached below, In Field Trial HDR mode, I wrote "wtf" on the line that is completely out of whack. Such an out of range ... impossible value. This is getting on my nerves.

Sometimes if u make a call and hang it up once it connects it pushes back to 3g. Or you can just turn the radio off and back on the comm manager, it'll usually find the 3g connection if one is available.

digiblur 04-22-2010 02:30 PM

3G could be down in your area. Have you verified with another phone from the same carrier?