PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   question about insurance (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118265)

tynie3 04-16-2010 05:11 PM

question about insurance

so I have a TP2 with a modded rom and the screen broke so i have to send it back to asurion is there going to be a problem?or is there a plan of action i need to take???

Deimoss 04-16-2010 05:13 PM

Re: question about insurance

you're busted man.. i dont know what else to tell ya.. :\

boredandtattooed 04-16-2010 05:13 PM

not at all.. asurion is for lost, stolen, or user incurred damages ie water, dropping it etc... your fine man, its allowed to be all busted up lol... oops, you mean you cant get the rom off.. thats fine, use Mymobiler, bring up your display and reflash from there... and using the ruu, you dont need to see your screen anyways.. you should be able to flash back id think

kixcastillo 04-16-2010 05:15 PM

Sprint employee here...don't worry about it.

Deimoss 04-16-2010 05:15 PM

nah im all seriousness don't worry! :D

hehe i was just having some fun up there, but there is not worries, on these Windows Phones flashing a rom to them is like changing a wallpaper on your razor. no big deal, and the screen is broken?

they will most likely send you a replacement refurb or new in box

swak 04-16-2010 06:24 PM

Why send it in? Just lose it except for the the battery and stylus. I think you pay the deductable either way?

burtonsnow8 04-16-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swak (Post 1703206)
Why send it in? Just lose it except for the the battery and stylus. I think you pay the deductable either way?

I think there is a higher deductible for a lost phone over a returned phone. Plus when you say you lose the phone they disable the ESN number, meaning it cannot be activated anywhere in the US.

Mojary 04-16-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 (Post 1703218)
I think there is a higher deductible for a lost phone over a returned phone. Plus when you say you lose the phone they disable the ESN number, meaning it cannot be activated anywhere in the US.

at least you'll have spare parts :mrgreen:

sonysw 04-16-2010 06:56 PM

The deductible is the same lost versus broken $100 for sprint. If you claimed stolen, they may ask police report. BTW, they actually send brand new TP2 since they do not have refurb on stock.

mr_musiq07 04-16-2010 06:58 PM

UR good man...I've sent 3 phones back to Asurion with no problem...I only flashed back to stock once..I had the same issue as u (broken screen) but they sent me a "certified like new" (refurb) phone.