PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Any way of automatically downloading emails? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118105)

salvamag 04-14-2010 11:51 PM

Any way of automatically downloading emails?

When i get emails i get annoyed that i always have to click the "click to download email next time you connect to the internet" in order to get the rest of the email and/or the attachment.

Is there any way to automatically download it once you open it? Maybe a .cab to fix this?

Thanks!

horndoctor 04-15-2010 12:57 AM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You just need to change your settings in messaging.
Go from the start menu and click programs. Then scroll down and click messaging. Then click on Menu then Options. Then click on the account you want to alter. Then change your download schedule and/or set messaging to download entire message and set it to download attachments if you want. ;)

salvamag 04-15-2010 02:59 AM

Re: Any way of automatically downloading emails?

I tried it but it showed to download every "5 mins" "10 mins" "an hour" or so, not once i click the email

thanks anyways

brokensparrow 04-15-2010 03:25 AM

I go under "Download Size Settings" and set Message Download limit to "Entire message". This is under E-mail Setup.

sjs01 04-15-2010 03:44 AM

First go to the inbox of your email account, then click on "menu" on the bottom right. A list of options will come up, scroll down and click "Tools" then "Options...". Then click on the account you want and a few options should come up, click on the option "Download Size Settings" and then there are a few more options in here. If you want it to download the entire message and all attachments select the options, first under "Message download limit" chose "Entire Message". Then under "Download attachments" click "All attachments".

cruise350 04-15-2010 11:41 PM

Those are all settings from 6.1, what if your running 6.5. All those settings are hidden, where can you adjust these advance settings at.

sjs01 04-16-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruise350 (Post 1702009)
Those are all settings from 6.1, what if your running 6.5. All those settings are hidden, where can you adjust these advance settings at.

I'm actually running a 6.5 ROM and that's how I change the download settings everytime I change ROM's.

salvamag 04-16-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjs01 (Post 1700257)
First go to the inbox of your email account, then click on "menu" on the bottom right. A list of options will come up, scroll down and click "Tools" then "Options...". Then click on the account you want and a few options should come up, click on the option "Download Size Settings" and then there are a few more options in here. If you want it to download the entire message and all attachments select the options, first under "Message download limit" chose "Entire Message". Then under "Download attachments" click "All attachments".

I did that but the emails still don't download pictures or attachments, i have to click on the "download next time you connect to the internet" and then click "send/receive"

sjs01 04-16-2010 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salvamag (Post 1702157)
I did that but the emails still don't download pictures or attachments, i have to click on the "download next time you connect to the internet" and then click "send/receive"

If you did what I said it should download all the new pictures and attachments... Keep in mind it will not download the old messages and attachments you will have to do that manually but any new messages with attachments will automatically download.

mourningstar625 04-16-2010 04:54 PM

These settings that sjs01 are saying do not exist in the stock sprint 6.5 ROM, the only option you get in send receive is a time interval. Will post pictures when I get home