PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Shutxp or CHT re-setting/breaking my phone? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117952)

badb4c 04-13-2010 12:51 PM

Shutxp or CHT re-setting/breaking my phone?

This has happened twice now. After using shutxp to soft reset (yes I am sure I didnt hit hard re-set) the phone basically has hard re-set. When it boots back up all my settings are gone. Cookies home tab is gone and the system default setup is back. Backlight, background, etc are all gone.

Program links are under the start menu but some do not work. All my pim type data is still there. Texts and contacts etc.

It also kills my data connection and will not connect after this happens. I had to a hard re-set/clear storage Friday and re-do everything.

What is going on?

Looking at it further I can make calls and the phone shows EV. But any program that connects to the internet eg. Pandora or Opera, says I am not connected.

I am getting this error - Dialed - the answering modem has disconnected.

burtonsnow8 04-13-2010 12:54 PM

Re: Shutxp or CHT re-setting/breaking my phone?

1 Attachment(s)
I use shutXP to soft reset my phone, but I've never had this problem. Attached is the version i'm using.

badb4c 04-13-2010 12:57 PM

I have been using it forever and this just all started Friday out of the blue. I really don't want to start over again.

burtonsnow8 04-13-2010 01:08 PM

well i'm not sure what you mean about the hard reset, my shutxp doesn't have that option.

Since it seems like your phone has already been wiped, you might wanna flash the stock ROM, hard reset, and then flash your custom ROM. It shouldn't be hard-resetting your phone.

badb4c 04-13-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 (Post 1696874)
well i'm not sure what you mean about the hard reset, my shutxp doesn't have that option.

Since it seems like your phone has already been wiped, you might wanna flash the stock ROM, hard reset, and then flash your custom ROM. It shouldn't be hard-resetting your phone.

When your Shutxp menu pops up if you hit the HTC logo in the top right corner you have an option for hard re-set.

burtonsnow8 04-13-2010 01:33 PM

we learn something new everyday, thanks. I'm not sure about your problem I dont see anyone else having this happen to them. Did you try re-installing psshutxp?

badb4c 04-13-2010 02:22 PM

I don't think I will be using it any longer. I think it and CHT are not playing nice for some reason. At least CHT 1.7 drops tonight. Maybe that will help also.

mwalt2 04-13-2010 02:33 PM

When soft resets turn into hard resets, it's time to flash a shipped ROM or use Task29 before flashing a custom ROM.

badb4c 04-13-2010 03:18 PM

So you're saying I should flash task29 then re-flash the rom I am on? If I understand correctly after your flash task29 it will stay in bootloader mode and then I can just flash my rom like normal.

burtonsnow8 04-13-2010 03:25 PM

Task 29 will actually reboot your phone and then hang on the TP2 screen. Take out your battery, insert your battery and then get into bootloader (volume down + power key I believe). Then flash your ROM like normal.