PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Phone Keypad missing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=117331)

slimgoodie_5 04-07-2010 03:03 PM

Phone Keypad missing

I been having an issue when trying to use my phone. Sometimes when i try to dail a number and i hit PHONE on my screen i dont get the keypad, i just get a lil phone sign at the bottom. is there a setting i need to change so i wont have to restart my phone just to be able to dail a number? this is getting fustrating.

mwalt2 04-07-2010 03:24 PM

Re: Phone Keypad missing

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimgoodie_5 (Post 1686059)
I been having an issue when trying to use my phone. Sometimes when i try to dail a number and i hit PHONE on my screen i dont get the keypad, i just get a lil phone sign at the bottom. is there a setting i need to change so i wont have to restart my phone just to be able to dail a number? this is getting fustrating.

Press the 'lil phone sign at the bottom'. That should show your dialer. It works just like a SIP.

slimgoodie_5 04-07-2010 03:36 PM

i have tried that and it doesnt work. the lil arrow above it just goes up and down

tacotoy 04-07-2010 04:45 PM

what rom are you running? i have had that happen a few times with some random nrg roms....

slimgoodie_5 04-07-2010 06:53 PM

i am not sure how to find out what ROM i am running. how do i find that out???

BullyDawg 04-08-2010 01:15 AM

Mine was doing this too. (I am running a stock WM6.1 VzW rom.) I had added some dialer cabs. I took each one off, soft resetting after each removal. Then I added them back, one at a time, soft resetting after each add. Now I have all my dialer cabs back and no "disappearing dialer screen."

BTW, I've been told that you should screw with the dialer on a stock rom. But you know, I don't listen very well!

slimgoodie_5 04-08-2010 08:10 AM

I have the stock rom too. well do you have any dailer cabs? how do you do all those that you said you have done?

chevy454 04-08-2010 10:41 AM

Mine does this a lot (as delivered US Cellular 6.5/2.1)...I have to hit one of the items on the screen that is visible (I can't remember which one it is, maybe the profile icon"?), and then hit the "Back" button, and then my keypad pops up...a friggin' pain when checking my voicemail. And I won't even get into the times that it's half frozen, with the top half the dialing screen and the bottom half the home page...:roll:

slimgoodie_5 04-09-2010 08:37 AM

Yes i have that same problem. i need to find out how to stop this b/c its irritating

BethyM 04-09-2010 10:15 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

happened to me before switchin to 6.5. No idea why but definitely a reason I went for the upgrade. You aren't seeing things, and yes it's annoyin. Sprint 6.5 has its own quirks but I can at least dial the phone!