PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   cab to turn off weather animation in htc sense 2.5?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115690)

alfredo-x 03-24-2010 10:19 PM

cab to turn off weather animation in htc sense 2.5??

this would be amazingly useful, does anyone have it??:headbang:

BillJr106 03-24-2010 10:33 PM

Re: cab to turn off weather animation in htc sense 2.5??

Why would you want this???

mardukeme 03-24-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfredo-x (Post 1657876)
this would be amazingly useful, does anyone have it??:headbang:

Don't have a cab but a quick solution click on the an empty box on the quick links Home tab to add a shortcut. Then select Weather Animation On/Off Switch. It will put a shortcut on your quick links tab to turn off and on the weather animations.

santod 03-24-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mardukeme (Post 1657907)
Don't have a cab but a quick solution click on the an empty box on the quick links Home tab to add a shortcut. Then select Weather Animation On/Off Switch. It will put a shortcut on your quick links tab to turn off and on the weather animations.

That only exists if you are running the Co0kie Home Tab Mod. :)

gmfeny 03-24-2010 10:50 PM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1269017521

alfredo-x 03-24-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mardukeme (Post 1657907)

wow dude, that's right, so THAT'S where i saw it before, i couldn't remember! lol

yes i do have cookie since i use the latest enrgy rom, THANKS MAN, FREAKIN' GENIUS:evil4:!

mardukeme 03-25-2010 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santod (Post 1657913)
That only exists if you are running the Co0kie Home Tab Mod. :)

I didn't realize it, installed Cookies right after flashing.

chong67 03-28-2010 10:25 PM

I need help on this.

Is there a way to turn off the weather animation on the home screen?

cbreze 03-28-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 1666608)
I need help on this.

Is there a way to turn off the weather animation on the home screen?

Under wallpaper options click weather animations then make your selection from your own pic files. Works for me.

kb112 03-28-2010 11:52 PM

There is a cab for no weather on the homescreen. I downloaded it from the tweaks thread. I like it because there is less clutter on my home screen. You just see the sun or clouds etc. but not all the weather continually running across the screen.

chong67 03-29-2010 06:52 PM

I want to see the weather but I dont want to see floating clouds or rain drop that runs on the screen. Is there such a thing?

gmfeny 03-29-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 1668334)
I want to see the weather but I dont want to see floating clouds or rain drop that runs on the screen. Is there such a thing?

yes... is should be the .cab file I posted the link for in post 5.
here it is again http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1269017521

NYC Guy 03-29-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chong67 (Post 1668334)

What, you don't enjoy seeing the windshield wiper going back and forth across your screen when it is raining? :wav:

bones20 03-29-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmfeny (Post 1668617)

his doesnt work. The clouds still do the dance on the weather tab

PPC6700Man 03-29-2010 11:46 PM

If I use a animated wallpaper, does it get rid of the weather animation? I haven't noticed the sun glare or anything like that anymore.

Also, is there a way to add the animated wallpapers to the list of 3 already? I downloaded a cab for one, and it is being used right now as my wallpaper, and it replaced one of the 3 preloaded wallpapers on there... I don't want that, I want a list of wallpapers instead of one replacing the other..

EDIT: NVM, I figured out the weather thingy, if you use a animated wallpaper, the weather isn't animated. If you use a "weather wallpaper" it animates it. Derr lol

But my 2nd question still stands, about adding animated wallpapers to the list of 3.

Also, if I add my own wallpapers(non animated), are those still considered "weather wallpapers" and will still allow the animation of the weather?

archivegod 04-28-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmfeny (Post 1668617)

This doesn’t work for me either...

Is there a manual reg tweek that I can add to remove the cloud/sun etc. animation? Still want to keep the weather icon on the home screen.

I use WM6.5, Sense 2.5

Paul

cbreze 04-28-2010 08:33 AM

see post 9. Works great.

archivegod 04-28-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbreze (Post 1723845)
see post 9. Works great.

Hi Cbreze

I dont seem to have that option, all I get is an option to choose a diffrent wallpaper, nothing about weather... can you use the start>setting> etc. navigation to guide me?

Thanks, Paul

cbreze 04-28-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archivegod (Post 1723848)
Hi Cbreze

I dont seem to have that option, all I get is an option to choose a diffrent wallpaper, nothing about weather... can you use the start>setting> etc. navigation to guide me?

Thanks, Paul

I don't have 2.5 onboard right now, but from memory I click on the manilla settings tab and go to wallpapers. I think it shows a home,lock screen wallpaper selection or something like that. It should show a selection for "animated". Click that one and then go to your files and select whichever pic/wallpaper you want. Then on the home screen BAM! no more animation.8)

archivegod 04-29-2010 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbreze (Post 1723889)
I don't have 2.5 onboard right now, but from memory I click on the manilla settings tab and go to wallpapers. I think it shows a home,lock screen wallpaper selection or something like that. It should show a selection for "animated". Click that one and then go to your files and select whichever pic/wallpaper you want. Then on the home screen BAM! no more animation.8)

Cbreze, you are a legand, it worked. All I had to do was change my wallpaper! Thanks

eyepoker 04-29-2010 08:28 AM

that doesn't work for me - i still have animated home screen weather. but if i choose my own background for animated backgrounds **then** the weather stuff stops. Makes more sense to me to anyway as weather is an overlay on top of stuff, doesn't matter what the bg is wheras the animated bg has to be an valid bg of that type, so selecting a normal image will of course produce zero animations.