PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   PagePool Sweet Spot (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=115645)

mlin 03-24-2010 05:01 PM

PagePool Sweet Spot

2 Attachment(s)
I started a thread a while back, offering an objective comparison of the ROMs available on this site for the TP2. In that thread, a member asked if the pagepools were set equal or left alone. I got curious as to how much difference could actually be seen by changing the pagepool, so here it is. With these results, I would say 8,12, or 16 is the best bet for pagepool settings. What do you think?

Attachment 64115

Attached below is a full list of all the benchmark results.

Attachment 64062

Sorry, results are all jumbled. Gotta run, but will fix later.

pimpol10 04-23-2010 04:48 AM

Re: PagePool Sweet Spot

When comparing the numbers it look great to change pagepool to 8 and free up some ram without losing any performance, but will this affect the performance in the long run, say a couple of days without soft reset?? Will the device slow down over time? When comparing to 16 pagepool, will it stay faster over a period of time? Thanks Mike

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1656995)
I started a thread a while back, offering an objective comparison of the ROMs available on this site for the TP2. In that thread, a member asked if the pagepools were set equal or left alone. I got curious as to how much difference could actually be seen by changing the pagepool, so here it is. With these results, I would say 8,12, or 16 is the best bet for pagepool settings. What do you think?

Attachment 64115

Attached below is a full list of all the benchmark results.

Attachment 64062

Sorry, results are all jumbled. Gotta run, but will fix later.

dibbson 04-23-2010 09:53 AM

Out of curiosity mlin, were those test run once or multiple times per page pool setting? Just curious if those numbers were an average or anything. Also, Thanks for taking the time out to do the tests. Should be helpful to a lot of people.

Mr. X 04-23-2010 10:13 AM

Ive ran multiple tests between 12 and 16 for the past few months there is negligible difference between them on average, im talking like almost nothing at all

this is why i stick with 12

pimpol10 04-24-2010 04:53 PM

Hey Mr. X, isn't your 2.5/6.5 pagepool set at 16???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. X (Post 1714940)
Ive ran multiple tests between 12 and 16 for the past few months there is negligible difference between them on average, im talking like almost nothing at all

this is why i stick with 12

mlin 04-30-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dibbson (Post 1714902)
Out of curiosity mlin, were those test run once or multiple times per page pool setting? Just curious if those numbers were an average or anything. Also, Thanks for taking the time out to do the tests. Should be helpful to a lot of people.

I did a few of the test twice (results not shows) and when I did not notice a difference between test I decided one test was sufficient.

Oditius 04-30-2010 09:27 PM

Funny, I always set it to 0. Figure it is dynamic and will adjust automatically. Not sure what those numbers mean, or if they will vary from a USCC phone to Sprint or AT&T.

nrfitchett4 05-01-2010 12:39 PM

set mine to 16. seems to run faster, but there is less available memory at start.