PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Guide: How to Restore Visual Bookmarks

Here's a quick guide on how to restore the visual bookmark thumbnails on the internet tab in Sense 2.5 after a flash (using Sashimi). You may need to learn how to use Sashimi before attempting this

Step 1) Assign your favorite bookmarks to the blank tabs in the internet tab in Sense 2.5

Step 2) Visit the favorite pages from step 1 so that manila takes a snapshot of the webpage and saves it as a thumbnail

Step 3) Back up the following registry keys and save them as .reg files for your Sashimi restore (note: restoring these keys will completely restore manila as you currently have it - tabs, settings, and all):
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila

Step 4) Back up the vb.vol file in the \Windows directory

Step 5) Back up the 'Thumbnails' folder in the \Windows directory

Step 6) Now that you've backed up the thumbnails folder, the vb.vol file, and the two manila .reg files, all you need to do after each time you flash is simply restore these files automatically with Sashimi

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:38 PM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community
Re: Guide: How to Restore Visual Bookmarks

Nice find. I've been looking for a way to do this for a while now. Thanks!

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

What are the alternatives to restoring this info other than sashimi? I thought I read of a way some time ago on how you can back up/restore registry stuff via XDA_UC?

Thanks for this tho! I only ask because I found sashimi to be really a pain for me to deal with. Just personal preference to avoid using it if I can.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh View Post
What are the alternatives to restoring this info other than sashimi? I thought I read of a way some time ago on how you can back up/restore registry stuff via XDA_UC?

Thanks for this tho! I only ask because I found sashimi to be really a pain for me to deal with. Just personal preference to avoid using it if I can.
I personally use Sashimi (I've never used UC), but as long as you can restore files, folders, and make regedits with UC, then you're fine. You'll just have to hit up the UC threads to find out how to do it.

Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll even point you in the direction you need to go to find the answer

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=3611692

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=562568
Old 04-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thank you for sharing! The lack of the web screen shots was bothering me with NRG but this takes care of that!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2